What would you do if one day you woke up and...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ohko, Jan 19, 2018.

?

What would you do if your gender changed and you need advice on certain biological issues?

1. Keep it to yourself - don’t tell anyone and rely on the internet

90 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Ask family for advice/support

35 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. Ask same gender friends for advice/support

22 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Ask opposite gender friends for advice/support

18 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. Go to the doctor/hospital

52 vote(s)
    35.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh? But isn't choosing clothes the most fun part? male clothes are somewhat limited... being able to use both and mix them to make an interesting appearance might be good... About fitting in... weirdos shall always be weirdos, but it is far easier for a female weirdo to fit in

Oddly enough I've never been through such a thing, I've always been haply with who I am, not sure why though, yes I constantly think of many fantasy situations like this, and don't feel like I would take it badly, it is just more of me having a relatively strong imagination and being sigtly crazy, I would welcome it, but I would still go for girls so it might be troublesome to have children...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Arcturus, AliceShiki and ohko like this.
  2. ohko

ohko 【LGBTQ+ association】 【ohko is ohko!】

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? You think so?

Sometimes I think that can be hard to say...... anecdotally speaking, I feel like guys are more direct and straightforward with each other.

Girls on the other hand... are much more indirect. The social relationships are a lot more complex and nuanced, and that intimidates me to some extent. I wouldn't want to be a black sheep in a group of girls. The social pressure is definitely there.

EDIT: Also, clothes are hard! It takes forever to find clothes that look good on you! 95% of the things you might find turn out to look bad! Don't underestimate the amount of effort people put into getting their looks nice! For most people, it's not easy shopping... T____T

AliceShiki and SilverFeather like this.
  3. SilverFeather

Reading List:
    Link
    That is why one needs to learn not to care what others think, if one has been a weirdo for long one learns not to care about that, and you're overthinking, girls aren't all that scary... probably

AliceShiki and ohko like this.
  4. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    If I suddenly wake up one day as a female, I think I would be more concerned about getting advice on makeup instead of biological issues... :blobthinkingsmirk:

SilverFeather and ohko like this.
  5. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Just letting you know, the average male looks like a above average girl if you groom them a bit, it may be hard to be a good looking guy but to be a good looking girl? Oh man, there's so many things that can allow a girl to become beautiful!:blobReach:
    I think it would realistic if the hair length was kept the same or else other parts of the body would grow as well- body hair such as leg hair, armpit hair, chest hair, private area hair, nose hair, eyebrows, eyelashes and there's the nails too, well the hairy areas would depend on if the MC was a hairy type tho...It would also depends on how long the transformation took. 1 day transformation (night-sleep-wake up- is a girl) or over a period of time like coma or slowly transforming..though that would probably be more difficult/complicated to write..
    I am thoroughly offended with this bias, yes it may not be often but there is big boob Asians, i use to not believe it myself but once i laid eyes on them and wow was my mind blown! Yes I realized boobs are boobs and doesn't matter if its small or big, they are beautiful!!! They contains hopes and dreams!!!!!!!:blobhero::blobhero::blobhero: Jk lol, realistically it would depend on the genes of the family, if there is case of big boob then its totally possible, if not then flat gene would pass on...
    Friend of whatever gender i turned into, then break it to family...I would ask if there's any girl things i need to be aware of to my female friend and female sibling and mom or vice versa...
    I would see how things go and watch if its any epidemic thing/ like if everyone had the same thing happen, if its getting reported.. but would most likely go to hospital/ doctor that knows me to find out what happen...
    These would fucking hurt, same thing if its growing a weewee:notlikeblob:
    No takes too much trouble, and nothing good would come from messing with the hormones that already being weird]..\
    No won't change career plans, took much to do to change..
    Would have to get use to those sooner or later- good at adapting but would be pretty awkward
    Gonna make yuri harem
    Honestly i'll just live as me but deal with the changes:blobphone:

6. ohko

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're brave for being able to do that!

In fact, I think it's amazing that people like that are able to trust their own internal compass, and have the courage to do what they want without caring what other's think. A lot of times, it feels like I don't have enough of that, and I'm constantly watching a lot of people moving forward and progressing onwards confidently.

SilverFeather and AliceShiki like this.
  7. Tnyhy

Tnyhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    otokonoko, this might sound rude but I am curious and want to ask...

By any chance are you having feelings of gender dysphoria?

8. SilverFeather

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually just have a image in my head and get the stuff I need to create it, I am the kind of person that says, this and this right after getting to a shop, I remember once we went with a friend to buy clothes for his girlfriend, the group was the friend getting the gift, another friend and his girlfriend (also a friend of mine) and I, it was rather funny because they didn't really know what to pick, huh? why was I there? had nothing better to do and they invited me

AliceShiki and ohko like this.
  9. ohko

Reading List:
    Link
    I did (past tense)! Roughly from 2012-2014/2015.

They came on roughly a cyclical basis (like one week where I couldn't get out of bed/not functional, and maybe 4-5 weeks where I'd be fine, repeat for two years).

Right now, I'm not experiencing dysphoria (mostly) I have my countermeasures now and I've (mostly) figured out how I can manage myself in a way that makes me feel most comfortable!

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally agree with @SilverFeather, I do think that girls have more pressure than boys, but by no means does that mean you have to accept being pressured!

Using a manga example, if you look at "Watashi Ga Motete Dousunda", you'll the situation of an open fujoshi in the middle of a normal high school... Which basically means everyone looks at her as a big weirdo.

And even then, she still has her friends... I think that's all those things are about, you can be as weird as you want, but as long as you find the right circles, you'll always be okay.

Personally speaking, I grew up on a male heavy environment and for most of my school life almost all of my friends were men, because I simply found them more easily to play Magic The Gathering with and talk about Anime...

After a few years in College I found some girls to talk to about anime and games, and some BL too~

It's all about finding the right circle, you don't need to worry about pressures when you're in the middle of people that are similar to you, the pressures simply don't exist then.

ohko likes this.
  11. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone just woke up someday and found that they underwent some "magic" gender bender overnight and then claimed to be who they used to be, would anyone actually believe them ?? I think, I might rather believe they are some crazy man/woman trying to run some identity theft scheme and may have kidnapped or killed the person who are trying to impersonate (who is then obviously missing)

12. Monkey King Sun

Monkey King Sun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish I could like your comment a million more times...I was just about to type that

I don't think a male would survive as a female as their characteristics are just too different,A male would be at a loss of what to do if he where in the shoes of a girl.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2018
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Humans can adapt I think.

It's possible that you'd have a hard time, and it wouldn't be that surprising if you went into deppression... But it is pretty unlikely for most people to simply be "unable to survive".

14. Monkey King Sun

Monkey King Sun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And what does depression lead to?Suicide right?

And by "unable to survive I meant unable to integrate into society as their genders have changed and they're in a state of confusion...some might snap out of it but for some it will eventually lead them to their deaths....not to mention all the problems and situations that come with being a girl that a boy wouldn't be able to cope with....all in all if you want your novel to have a realistic feel to it they'res alot of stuff you need to consider

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2018
  15. JohanneBrandt

JohanneBrandt Friendly Neighborhood Treehugger

Reading List:
    Link
    Never mind the personal issues, can you guys imagine the bureaucratic and legal issues? You're gonna have a bad time. Not only would you have to prove your identity to the government so that you can still prove you're a citizen of your country, owner of whatever property you have, still the person on your driver's license, but you'd also have to prove to your job/school that you're a student or an employee. Furthermore you'd have to prove to your bank that you're the owner of your assets in the accounts. It's be a fucking nightmare.

doomeye1337 likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends, many people overcome depression.
    I never said it was easy, I just said that a generalization as big as "men can't do it" doesn't quite make sense.

Many would have lots of problems with it of course, but given enough time, I think there should be a fair amount of people that would be able to deal with it somehow.

There would be a huuuuuuuge psychological problem and the problem with society's expectations as well, but I don't think all men would be absolutely unable to deal with it.