Discussion WHAT YEAR DID YOU JOIN AND WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 166414, Nov 6, 2022.

?

do you know skullie?

1. *noms skullie*

56.8%
  2. ... who?

43.2%
  1. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    joined in 2019 to promote the translations I never finished
    I stayed for the mafia, obviously :blobsip:

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I joined for the Reading List back in April 2016.

Joined the forums in August 2016 due to seeing a thread on the homepage.

Joined the forums for real in August 22nd, 2016, due to joining the Adventurer's Guild.

After that... Well, lots and lots of stuff happened. Some deeply personal, some that were very emotional to me and the like.

And then... Time passed. People left. NUF became... Quieter. The people I was always around are mostly gone, even if some old timers still remain.

Why am I still here after most of the people I was closest to left?

Well... Habit, perhaps.

And also... NUF just feels like a comfortable place. I still like the interactions here. I like talking to new shiny active newbies and making new friendships, wondering if those will withstand the passage of time or not... Most don't.

I like the place, and checking it daily is a habit I have no intention of killing... That's why I'm still here, mainly.

... As for NU? I almost never use it. I check my Reading List once every few months or so.

Pacekot, Blitz, Ddraig and 4 others like this.
  3. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    *Don't mind me, I just mine some nuffies*

Pacekot likes this.
  4. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Joined in 2021. I joined because I was bored and wanted novel recommendations, I also wanted to do hang out in the spoiler thread. I also thought the reading list was neat. Fast forward now: I mostly lurk now a days since most of the people I talked to on here are busy and gone. I stayed for the people but now some of they’re gone so at this point it’s mostly habit just to come back and check up on things. Even if I’m not that active I’ll still try to check up on here, this place is just comforting place that I go to. I was really lonely before using NUF like I had one friend to talk to and that was it. NUF gave me the chance to interact with so many people, I made many good friends on here. NUF is kinda like a home to me you might leave it one day but it’s still place of comfort for you to come back to.

As for NU I don’t use that at all and uhh I never look into the novel thread section ever....

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. Krinxin

Krinxin Book of Weird Animal Facts

Reading List:
    Link
    Joined in 2021 and I have no idea how I found novel updates, but I stayed because originally I wanted to start reading LGBTQ+ novels and found that this website was a really great platform to find them. It's kind of comforting making lists and I enjoy crying to the angst that I read which is a good outlet for my stress.
    The forums have also been really helpful in finding recommendations but so far I've been too shy to find friends or join in any events here.

6. yun yun yun

yun yun yun (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 3 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Joined 2018 for the reading list~
    Lurked around, watching the old nuffians diss each other, then went active in the blog section for a while~
    2020, I only visited the daily nuffies section to accumulate wealth...
    2021, I fell the blackjack hole...
    This year, I'm lurking in the community games section to recover lost wealth...

7. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2015, because the group that translated Tate no Yuusha posted some links to Novel Updates when it was created and I got curious.

I'm still here cuz I keep holding onto the belief that something worth reading will eventually pop up on Series Ranking. Spoiler alert, it hasn't yet for the past year.

Somewhere along the way, I became a boomer that frequented Goodreads but there's still something preventing me from truly moving on from Asian novels.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  8. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I joined back in 2017 and I mainly stay around cause I legit just like reading posts.

There are some very cool people on this site.

9. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I officially joined all the way back in early 2016. Was initially an aho-updates user before that. I had a habit of just memorising the novels I liked and their release schedules, so despite using Nu I didn't make an account for quite the while.

I did peek at the forums since they always showed up at the top of Nu. Their were a lot of fun and absurd shitposts back in the day so I eventually folded and made an account.
    Initially despite this being an anoymous forum, I was a bit shy and didn't interact much. Somehow I got wrapped in a tag cleaning project and became more active and got to know some other nuffians more. Then on made various acquaintances with more people in different sections from profile posts to community games and etc.

I've had Tons of fun stuff happen and memories from over the years. Met lots of people, many who are no longer active on the site. Still have fun bothering newbies and chatting with other old fossils. Although I don't use Nuf as much these days, it's always a cosy place to kill time and checking it is very much a habit ::bloblove::

I finally caved in and started using reading lists this year <.<

AliceShiki and Enigma like this.
  10. Not Orris

Not Orris Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I joined this year as the result of a vending machine accident.

11. Linley

Linley 【Linlin】【The Love Doctor】【NUF Nicknamer】

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm old AF. And I'm not really here anymore, but from time to time I open up the forums and reminisce about the golden days of NUF. Nowadays though, I'm busy running my businesses. Most of the other members from my time are now busy with work, in the army, or are busy with college. Some still come around to use the reading list, and check their notifications every once in a while.

Pacekot likes this.
  12. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    Joined at the end of 2020. Then left this place for about a year. Then came back. Now I just login here once or twice in a month just to see what's happening around here. Then most of the time I leave quietly or I just post comment on every single thread I can find.... Yeah and I think I'm done here...for today.

13. absenior19

absenior19 Neutral Rational

Reading List:
    Link
    i am still here as i like novels and am bored sometimes ig

14. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2015. several series I followed is still updating. so...