Request What Yu-Gi-Oh! arc should I watch?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Blossom_Honey, Jan 31, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Blossom_Honey

Blossom_Honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    idk, I feel like watching some Yu-Gi-Oh! but don't want to sit through a whole series. Even though there are some Yu-Gi-Oh! series I haven't finished but I don't know, just don't want to. Which arc do you guys recommend to watch and from which series + should I watch sub or dub? I'll pick the comment with the most likes I guess. (or whatever I fancy idk).
    Edit: episode number is also appreciated so I don't have to hunt for it myself.

What is your favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! arc and from which series? I feel like rewatching some Yu-Gi-Oh!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  2. sorenman1

sorenman1 The Forgotten Engineer of Legends

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats tough. Normally I would say start with the original up to the Battle City tournament. If you prefer more lighthearted and bit more goofiness that gets a tad bit darker later on I would recommend GX (especially sub since the final season wasn't dubbed) Big fan of the Yubel Arc and the final season. As for 5ds, its hit or miss for people but i did like the Dark Signer Arc.

Zexal didn't get entertaining till the final season. Arc V was really good until they rush the final season and the story became a bit of mess in the final season after a lot of good build up. Though most people didn't like the MC due to how "goofy or a jokester". never had an issue with that but the ending really did kill the good flow the show had. Not sure how to feel about Vrains. I like parts here and there especially the final duel. I have not watch Sevens or Rush yet only cause not a fan of them doing Rush Duel but I'll eventually tune in. (Also a new studio took over after Vrains). Unfortunately there was no love for Ritual Monsters (though understandable) other the two characters in Arc V and the one time in Zexal.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Blossom_Honey likes this.
  3. Blossom_Honey

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no I've basically watched most of the Yu-Gi-Oh!s, (although I've only managed to finish GX and ZEXAL) so I didn't mean it in that sense. I was planning on re-watching GX season 4 again, but I thought it would be a change if I watched someone else's favourite arc.

I also liked the Dark Signer Arc, it was pretty cool so I'll consider it for now.

sorenman1 likes this.
  4. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I guess yugioh battle city, as it probably has most duels I like rewatching.

sorenman1 likes this.
  5. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    My favorite Yugioh scene or something, idk

6. Blossom_Honey

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: Man the game really was like that lol

sorenman1 likes this.
  7. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    I think yugioh 5ds is pretty good/decent, where ever you start. Solid characters, pretty weak plot. It has good themes and morals. The world building is also decent.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    Jommram and sorenman1 like this.
  8. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    The original is quite nostalgic but it's got a lot of low points.
    GX is great since it's got that slice of life goofiness going for it. The cast of characters are fun and seeing the journey of jaiden is nice. It has fun episodes mixed alongside some good overall arcs, especially S4. More importantly it has the best character Chazz.

5DS isn't a bad choice too. It requires a bit more commitment since it's got a more edgier and gritty plot. I can't really remember most of the story beats since it's been almost a decade but I remember enjoying it.

I ended up dropping zexal in the second half.

Yu-Gi-Oh is one of those series that were the Dub compliments it's goofy over the top nature so I prefer it

All the cool kids preferred the vastly superior duel masters

hypersniper159 likes this.
  9. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    All the cool kids I know prefer Dungeon Dice Monsters. I don't know what crowd your hanging out with, but clearly they aren't in the know. :sushi_cool::meowez:

Blitz and sorenman1 like this.
  10. Ameer0

Ameer0 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only remember watching it as a kid when it was dubbed and I think my favorite ark had them battling it out on a balloon that had Yugi, Kaiba, and the antagonist with a legendary beast (probably not what they are called) each. This was probably more than 15 years ago and I have tried rewatching it as an adult out of nostalgia but couldn't watch more than two episodes so decided to leave it as a fond childhood memory.

11. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you should start with Season 0 as it appeals to those who just want to watch fun and short

12. Arataka

Arataka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Duelist Kingdom arc has a special place in my heart. But realistically speaking, it's Battle City. And anything after GX is fanon in my opinion lol