Discussion What's the most memorable lines you've heard

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Ripple, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripple

Ripple Notice me Daisydacrazy senpa

Reading List:
    Link
    Like the title said what's the most memorable lines from web novels you've read? Lines so remarkable that you can remember it by heart? I honestly can't think of any except
    "Invisible dragon was super strong and invisible"

Selviata, drollawake, kenar and 4 others like this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Have faith in lord fifth, Gain eternal life!
    When lord fifth appears, who dares cause strife?

That quote is etched in to my head. Its the first thing that comes instantly to my mind.

Selviata, drollawake, AerynW and 9 others like this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link

Ghost_Spawn, GDLiZy, zanari and 5 others like this.
  4. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh and
    “Brother Guang, life is like getting raped, if you can’t resist, you can only enjoy……”
    This one was from undefeated god of war

"jingshi(money) is better than cultivating after all"
    "my dream is to die, buried in jinghsi"
    -Zuo Mo from world of cultivation

5. Ojou-sama

Ojou-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Rob them all!" Fang Xing from PTH

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    i cant remember exactly which novel it was from but
    "You lose if you mind it"
    is forever stuck in my head.

7. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, At this moment only this quote comes in mind: ,,if nothing lasts forever, say, can I be nothing? From a song of Diorama

8. Makuba

Makuba Wyrd bið ful aræd

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really a quote, but the conversation between Meng Hao and a scholar in ISSTH has always stuck with me.

“Snow will only appear during winter,” he said quietly, “and can only exist in the cold wind. Therefore, its life exists only during the depths of winter.” He pulled his hand back into the carriage and held it next to the copper oven. The snow began to melt, turning into water, which flowed through the creases of his palm.

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….” He raised his hand back up and brushed the water off outside the window. There, beyond the vision of the young scholar, it once again became snow.

9. Squintas

Squintas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if it was impossible to break a rock with an egg, how fearful would it be if all the eggs in the world were thrown at the rock.

-Grass Porridge Cult

10. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Japtem!
    -Weed

The Ram and Squintas like this.
  11. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Those who had you in their heart don’t need your explanations, and those who don’t have you in their heart don’t believe in any explanations

Can't remember which story since I've been reading a couple at the same time recently, but it really struck me. Think it was a rebirth/revenge novel, though.

12. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me tell you girls: if you worry too much, you’ll age faster! :blobcozy::blobcozy:
    Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator

13. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well not a web novel but i love how he brag about emerald that he use for "pills" as if it was just a normal.

"I had three similar ones," returned Monte Cristo. "I gave one to the Sultan, who mounted it in his sabre; another to our holy father the Pope, who had it set in his tiara, opposite to one nearly as large, though not so fine, given by the Emperor Napoleon to his predecessor, Pius VII. I kept the third for myself, and I had it hollowed out, which reduced its value, but rendered it more commodious for the purpose I intended.

14. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    I, your father

Selviata, Maelstrom08, novaes and 2 others like this.
  15. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The dao this, the dao that
    All the dao novels were so annoying by IET or whoever wrote ISSTH it was because if someone really believes in dao then the person would be a living buddha

16. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Do you dare?" - any antagonist challenging the "weaker" protag.

17. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I wonder what they call the two hemispheres? North and South or something? It’s not like those concepts have much meaning. You can turn a map upside down after all. Obviously this is the southern hemisphere."

I like lines that make you stop and think for a moment.

18. Duran

Duran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I worked my way out from the inside."
    Whenever I meet someone new, I remember this line. I guess it needs a bit of explanation
    They are in the school's literature club. Teacher gives them a task. Look around in this room. What is there? Say as many words as you can in two minutes.
    The first few people to go has it easier. Head, face, eyes, desk, chair, teacher, air etc. But even so, the two minutes seemed too long to them. They quickly ran out of words. Then the main character's turn comes.
    There is a dark skinned student in the club, so there is certain words everyone is avoiding. Then our mc looks directly into his eyes. I will copy the rest from the story:

.......From the first years' avoidance of eye contact with him, Baron realized that he wasn't the one who was being avoided, but the words that were surrounding him. 'Is he going to say them? Those sensitive words?' thought Baron.
    Juho began.
    "People, human, humanity, mankind, character, dignity, human being, personality, appearance, life, lifespan, human nature, existence, living being, heart, me, self, ego, id, identity, superego, experience, recognition, past, present, future, talent, prosperity, fall, good news, sad news, exciting news, struggle, joy, tears, smile, resentment, annoyance, attachment, love, favor, endearing, affection, happiness, pain, terror, difficulty, anger, fury, hope, fear, sympathy, heart-struck, chaos, unfamiliarity, inner-person, disgrace, hate, passion, respect, despise, demand, desire, longing, pleasure, displeasure, reminiscence, senses, emotions, sentiment, sensitivity, appreciate, warmth, emotional health, mood, feeling, thoughts, questions, doubt, concern, stage in life, age, opposite-gender, memories, brain, response, expressions, expectation, reliance, determination, striving, economy, main agent, supervision, true nature, subject, center, core, ethics, sexuality, genes, worth, value, mind, body, regulations, beauty, knowledge, intelligence, wisdom, philosophy, act, personality, timidity, bold, indifferent, friendly, mysterious, conservative, progressive, rigidity, coquetry, conflict, hypocrisy, rules, wariness, boundary, distance, language, living, society, relations, location, place, characteristics, individual, choice, decision, interest, thinking, conscience, emotional state, intention, tendencies, wants, wishes, volition, sole."
    "Time's up."
    There was silence in the room.......
    Seo Kwang ...... quietly whispered to Juho, "It was nerve wracking."
    "What?"
    "You were looking at Baron the whole time. I thought you were going to say the word."
    "The word?"
    Seo Kwang grew impatient and said in an even quieter voice, "Like, black."
    "Oh! There just wasn't enough time."
    "Time?"
    "Yeah. I worked my way out from the inside. It took me a while to come up to the surface. Baron has a lot on his mind."

19. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I like these

20. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    Binary Soul from RRL

Thread Status: