Discussion What's your lazy food? Or food you're down to eat anytime

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LeniSnow, Mar 2, 2023.

1. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is your go to food when you're just lazy to even eat?

Mine used to be a meat buns, I would buy packs from different restaurants (for the quest to buy the best of them all) and just steam it when I want to. I could eat that for weeks, now I'm into burger (delivered, of course).

Orris, mir, By.Eve and 1 other person like this.
  2. puukkiss

puukkiss I'm Keeping My Eye On You!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ramen with dumpling! Me lazy and hungry would always make this. Sometimes, just to pretend to be healthy, I would toss in broccoli or spinach. I usually boil a little bit of water with a lot of seasoning, boil first dumplings, add ramen later and when it is about to be ready I add milk and wait for it to boil. If I feel extra special, I can add at the end egg drop soup (egg + tomato) and mix everything together.

mir, Ash_Kira and LeniSnow like this.
  3. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although it's instant ramen, you made it look healthy with all the vegetables. Glad you can get your nutrition. Have you tried using coconut milk?

puukkiss likes this.
  4. Werewolf Mafia Scum

Werewolf Mafia Scum Undercover Police Officer

Reading List:
    Link
    If I am too lazy to cook, i generally just don't eat, might drink something...

If really hungry and really lazy at the same time (almost never)... .. cereal?

LeniSnow likes this.
  5. puukkiss

puukkiss I'm Keeping My Eye On You!

Reading List:
    Link
    Not easily or cheaply available in my country. It costs 4X milk in my country and rare on shelves. Too fancy for me. I can't even find it when I want to drink piña colada.

LeniSnow likes this.
  6. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Peanut butter noodles. Makes an easy snack and can easily be adjusted to a full meal.

Get some noodles, your preferred mix of spices, garlic, soy sauce, green onions, sesame seeds and oil, and some peanut butter.

meliori and LeniSnow like this.
  7. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    Sardines and pasta. You got carbs protein and fat (olive oil from packaged sardines) it’s a warm meal, and filling. Not the best but it’s really easy to make. Also it tats the really bland

SandTeedal and LeniSnow like this.
  8. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Pasta with pesto and cheese. Maybe add cherry tomatoes if I can be bothered

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    LeniSnow likes this.
  9. leviella

leviella ༒ a salted fish who lives inside a book ༒

Reading List:
    Link
    Bread is fine as long as there's a filling or spread

LeniSnow likes this.
  10. Deleted member 504622

Deleted member 504622 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm never too lazy to eat, but sometimes, I am quite lazy to cook food that has a lot of ingredients in them so I have a few easy-to-make meals. I always have okoy and okonomiyaki stashed in the freezer waiting to get fried. Cold soba noodles is another (made this the other day), and as an Italian, spaghetti alla carbonara always gets me through the day.

Okoy is a vegetable and shrimp fritters from the Philippines. I got the recipe when I was there for work. The simplest recipe is flour, squash, unshelled small shrimps, moringa, ground pepper, and bean sprouts. It's mixed with water and lightly seasoned with salt and sesame oil. I have a vinegar dip for it mixed with water, sugar, salt, cucumber, and shallots. It's heaven on earth. Frozen batter lasts a month.

Then, okonomiyaki, is considered a street food in Japan. The simplest version I make contains cabbage, flour, white onion, dashi powder, ground pepper, and water. I add chopped bacon when frying it then I put the okonomiyaki sauce, kewpie mayonnaise, aonori, or katsuobushi to finish it. Frozen batter also lasts a month.

Cold soba noodles is just soba noodles in cold water, with Japanese light soy sauce, mirin, and dashi powder. While spaghetti alla carbonara only needs an egg or two to make the sauce.

11. AshHole

AshHole Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You freeze the batter itself? Not half-cook it and then freeze. How does it compare to freshly made. It kind of sounds like a mix vegetable tempura.

LeniSnow likes this.
  12. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    When I'm lazy, I only dice some chilies, then took some rice from the fridge and cook Chilies Fried Rice. Spicy enough to let me feel alive.

PoopyDoopy and LeniSnow like this.
  13. Deleted member 504622

Deleted member 504622 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You can half-cook portions and wrap them in foil before freezing (just don't put the sauce and kewpie mayonnaise and you can freeze it up to three months). I freeze the batter itself because it doesn't last an entire month for me anyway (not even two weeks sometimes). It's not as fresh as when I first made it, but the taste retains. It just has to be frozen well. If freezing the batter doesn't work for you, if you do try, freeze the cabbage and batter separately.

LeniSnow likes this.
  14. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    A tomato sandwich. Toasted bread, mayo on both slices, and a few slices of tomato and dill seasoning. It’s delicious, especially in the summer

15. DarcyNight

DarcyNight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pasta or sandwich

16. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    On my worst day, I drank the warm Fanta that was next to me just so I wouldn't move the whole day. On a better day, I'd drink water and eat some dry fruit that's around my room. And if I happen to have instant noodles and I'm not too lazy to go boil water, I'd have that. Sometimes I'd rather stay hungry than move... I'm not usually that lazy though. At least I'll have some energy the boil water most days and make myself a salad a few times a week. Thank heavens for takeout...

SandTeedal likes this.
  17. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine used to be siomai. I really like siomai. Now, it's... idk now

18. By.Eve

By.Eve [Eve are Ieve]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dried fruit.
    Some roasted nuts.
    Or grab whatever available in fridge.

Is it takeout or are those premade cooking?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  19. 7456

7456 « Ready-to-melt »

Reading List:
    Link
    Fried noodles

20. wangfei

wangfei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Salted duck egg with tomatoes and rice. An easy to make food that I always eat when I was in college and was living in a dorm.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    Mushroom likes this.