Spoiler When I gave up trying to improve our relationship and kept my distance, my fiancé.....

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by CreativeCriticalThinker, Nov 9, 2022.

1. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    0.jpg 00.jpg
    Original Title
    関係改善をあきらめて距離をおいたら、塩対応だった婚約者が絡んでくるようになりました
    MTL/Google Translated English Title:
    When I gave up trying to improve our relationship and kept my distance, my fiancé, who had been dealing with salt, began to get involved.
    This Title is just too long! :cry:

Description
    “Beatrice was forced into my fiancée by the power of her parents’ house. I was reluctant from the beginning.”
    Knowing that Crown Prince Ernest was trumpeting that, Beatrice, the duke's daughter, gave up on improving her relationship with him and decided to keep her distance.
    "Come to think of it, until now I've been so obsessed with Mr. Ernest that I haven't interacted much with other people. What a shame." Beatrice changes her mind and enjoys academy life with the beautiful Margrave Son and good-natured friends. However, for some reason, Ernest, who had always dealt with salt, began to actively get involved with Beatrice――? !

Primary Main Characters

Beatrice Wolton (FL)
    Ernest Wiengfield (Blonde Antagonist)
    Cain of Margrave Merryweather (Red Haired ML)

Secondary Supporting Characters
    Countess Miss Charlotte (Good friend for FL)
    Countess Miss Margaret (Good friend for FL)
    Duke Wolton (Beatrice Kind Clueless Father)
    Student Council
    Commoner Maria Adler (Little White Lotus)
    Prime Minister's Son Cyril Palmer (Glasses)
    Leonardo Sinclair (Big Musclehead)
    William Wedge (Cute Baby Face)
    2nd Antagonist
    Queen Amelia (Ernest's Greedy Apathetic Mother)

From what I can tell: By the first look of it, this Story has the 'Condamning Villainess and Crown Prince Falls in Love with Commoner Girl' Scenario. But this time there is No Reincarnation or Possession and Brainwashing!!! The plot is pretty much grounded and nuanced. The FL Beatrice starts off as a shy, docile and subservient with self-low esteem issues as the Crown Prince's Fiancee who is disliked by other nobles (Vicious Rumors + Trash Talking behind her back).
    When her fiance told her the truth one day about how he really feels about her, she starts to rethink about everything + distancing herself more from Ernest. She befriends two countess girls who are sympathetic to + never judged her and begins enjoying her own life. Our FL becomes slowly more stronger, smarter, critical and emancipated pretty much on her own to the point of defying her still once beloved fiance Prince Ernest and his insensitive intimidating mother Queen Amelia. Her ML Cain is the illegitimate talented miserable Duke's Son who is also related to Prince Ernest. He does not saves her like any other MLs always rescueing FLs from any difficult situations. Instead he gives her real kindness and emotional support. And at last, her fiance 2nd Prince Ernest turned Crown Prince (due to the sudden death of the 1st CP) has been suffering under a huge inferiority complex and feeling pathetically inferior towards his fiancee Beatrice & Cain with whom he's always been compared to.
    Oh, and the commoner Maria starts off as a White Lotus Bitch being clingly with Prince Ernest and hostile towards Beatrice. But evtl she gets disillusioned with the Crown Prince and becomes apologetic towards the FL. Also, the other student council members Cyril, Leonardo & William starting to turn their back on their leader who is cracking/getting worse (Probably because he can't mistreat/dominate/manipulate FL anymore) :)

Novel Chapters Raws
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1691gn/

Manga Chapter RAWS
    https://twitter.com/mangagaugau_pr/status/1553964401891614720
    https://gaugau.futabanet.jp/list/work/6050515177656162b2000000
    https://mangabubu.com/マンガ/関係改善をあきらめて距離をおいたら、塩対応だ/

Guess how FL Beatrice is gonna break off her Engagement with the Royal Shit CP despite being pressured by Queen Amelia ;)
    000.jpg
    0000.jpg
    00000.jpg
    000000.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for all the early spoilers

4. shironashuu

shironashuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for sharing the story!

I gave reading a shot and to clarify some things.

The first prince Clifford faked his death and he is now living as Cain.
    He's born from the first Crown Princess Alexandra but because he looks nothing like the king, Clifford is looked down on and subjected to rumors of how he may not really be the king's child and that Alexandra had cheated on the King.
    (Amelia is the second wife so to speak)
    Clifford later hid living as Cain Merryweather and faked his death.
    The current Margrave Merryweather is actually Cain's uncle.
    Also, the main villain is actually Ernests' mom, Amelia. Ernest stopped being a major antagonizing factor after the engagement between him and Beatrice is broken.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    lostross, Opelia, lembayung and 7 others like this.
  5. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks Dear!
    I feel a little silly that I didn't see that plot twist coming! :blobxd:
    I mean, the ML's true origin shouldn't be a surprise anymore since this is a standard FanRom/Fairy Tale Trope:blobjoy:

But I am quite surprised to hear when the engagement was annuled that CP Ernest doesn't keep coming after the FL like the other antagonistic stalking Ex-Trashes.:blobsmile:

Opelia, lembayung and Kumoshiro like this.
  6. shironashuu

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, Ernest actually wises up and actually realized he isn't a good fit for Beatrice right after the engagement breaking. (Unlike some shitty ex's in some stories)
    I haven't finished reading the whole novel so here's what I managed to get a glimpse of.

1: Ernest eventually gets engaged with a different noble lady named Felicia Evans, it was the king's arrangement to pair him off with Felicia this time instead of Amelia's.
    2: Cain chose to stay as a Duke's illegitimate son and refused to return to the royal court.

lostross, Opelia, lembayung and 7 others like this.
  7. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Have to appreciate very much that there is real consistent progress for many characters in this story!
    Even the sorry-excuse-of-a-fiancé gets to learn and grow!
    How often do you see that many characters in this Genre becoming reasonable and able to mature??? :blobscream::blobalert::blobhighfive:
    Usually there is always some over the top escalations, bizarre plot twists or idiots becoming so dangerously stupid that they endanger/destroy other lives.

8. shironashuu

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah the story's pretty good and consistent with the character growth.

I haven't finished the webnovel but the story's been great!

9. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're wondering what actually happened in the scene... If this scene is the same as in the novel, then, our FL actually planned this! She provoked him (her fiance at the time). I don't quite remember what she said but if I'm not mistaken, she praised the ML or something which caused his inferiority complex to flare up. I don't quite remember why she provoked him but if I'm not mistaken, it has something to do with him refusing to break their engagement. After the slap, she acted like she was truly scared of him, saying things that imply he does this often (he never did). Whether he liked it or not, since it happened in public, he no longer has the option to continue with the engagement.

FL and her ex-fiance were childhood sweethearts but growing up, his inferiority complex caused him to belittle her all the time and do whatever he can so she has a bad reputation and everyone including herself cannot see that she is better than him. All this time, even after the breakup, he actually still likes her. After the breakup, he didn't pursue her because, if I'm not mistaken, he finally realized that she meant well and it was his inferiority complex that was at fault. While brooding, he realised, had he trusted her more (instead of make-believe that she will belittle him too like the others if she found out that he was not as intelligent/good as her - despite no proof of that since she had always been kind to him) and confided in her instead of hiding all his pain, they could have had a great relationship as they did during childhood.

Disclaimer:
    Take the spoiler above with a grain of salt, please. I MTLed this a long time ago so... yeah.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    darkcrystal, lostross, Opelia and 4 others like this.
  10. CreativeCriticalThinker

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Covers
    0.jpg
    00.jpg

Manga Covers
    000.jpg
    0000.jpg

Opelia likes this.