Discussion Which mental ability?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cosmic_, Jul 22, 2018.

?

Which would you want to have the most? (Top 3)

1. Accelerated Thought

2. Parallel Thinking

3. Advanced Comprehension

4. Superior Memory

5. Connected Mind

6. Self-Emotion Manipulation

7. Thought Visualization/Audiolization

8. Rapid Calculation

9. Alter-Ego Creation

10. Exceptional Social Awareness

11. Sleep Minimalization

12. Dream Mastery

13. Mind Zenith

14. Other (post below if you have an idea)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    That was the reason I had superior memory instead of perfect memory. I originally had the details for that as this, but it'd would have exceeded word count if I included all the planned info/details:
    This ability would give you eidetic/photographic memory. You'd be able to remember things no matter how long has past and in perfect detail without them being altered by your mind(cause irl eidetic isn't even perfect). Somethings might be harder to forget, but it's not impossible to forget things such as those things that are better left forgotten.

Note: This skill could be the most useful or only somewhat useful depending on who and how it's used. You could use this for a lot of money making.

2. SUNOFA

SUNOFA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's Mind Zenith?

3. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the original/planned buy scrapped detailed Spoiler Box:

This ability allows you to always be at the state of peak mental ability and peak mental clarity. This ability however does not change your true physical state.

Note: This ability pretty much is like Self-Emotion Manipulation in that it can keep you motivated, alert, and energetic tho only mentally. Unlike Self-Emotion Manipulation tho, it's mind over matter in that even if you lacked sleep before an exam, you'd do as well on that exam as if you were fully rested and at the peak of your mental health. You'd also not have your judgement and thinking impaired by alcohol however you're body would still be affected. You also always be at peak mental strength so your determination would be high as well as will power, and fear or pain resistance to only a certain degree. You'd still need sleep and to maintain your body tho. You'd also won't have those stupid moments where you aren't thinking and do something stupid.

4. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think all those things are very dangerous. you are going to destroy your brain with all those powers. or at the very least, increase the consumption of the brain which the body may not be able to keep up with.

5. yanpi

yanpi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have this power, when i see a woman i can imagine her in nude. lol. joking aside, superior memory is the best here. parallel thinking, connected mind and Thought Visualization/Audiolization seems similar.

top 3 for me:
    superior memory
    advance comprehension
    connected mind

bbctheory84 likes this.
  6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What you said is true. But I feel it has the most potential. You don't really make a piece of knowledge your own until you truly understand it. And most abilities are dependent on your existing knowledge base. The more you learn/ understand, the deeper and wider your knowledge base. Ofc, how efficiently you utilize it depends on you, and that ultimately decides your future achievement (as you said).

Cosmic_ likes this.
  7. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Superior Memory is my primary target. If i can memorize what i read, i'l probally gain some abilities. Rapid calculation would me my second pick since i have a poor calculation and accelerated thought would be the last due to having poor thinking speed. Dream mastery, parallel thought, alter ego are already part of me due to my great creativity.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  8. Aegis21

Aegis21 Hiki wanna be

Reading List:
    Link
    -accellerated thought
    -parallel thinking
    -superior memory

I can think faster than most people while running multiple scenarios and/or possibilities in my head and I have the capacity to remember the variables and results.

I think this will be great

9. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Just went with Alter-ego. Then, I'll just pick which one to use during different situations.

10. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    bro its a movie not a book

11. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I had search and it said there was a movie and a crime-drama tv show that got the second season cancelled.

12. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I chose abilities that I feel would help me make the best decisions at all times.

Accelerated Thought - being able to think quickly means that you're half way towards being able to react quickly (the other half being the body being able to keep up - which is something you can try and train towards), which will always be good, in virtually all circumstances.
    Parallel Thinking - being able to split your concentration means that you can work on more things at once, which seems quite efficient to deal with large and/or difficult problems.
    Superior Memory - pretty darn useful to have a portable library with you at all times.

13. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    All of those abilities would be wasted on me because I am lazy as hell.

14. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Advanced Comprehension