Discussion Who is your top cultivators using sound spells and which novels do they belong to?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by sheeya, Mar 2, 2022.

Tags:
  1. sheeya

sheeya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm interested in cultivators or magicians that use sound magic spells/techniques so wondering who you've encountered that had a very interesting style?

Also interested to see in what ways you can think of that sound magic could be used for offense, defense, mobility, utility etc - how it was used in a certain novel or any ideas you have regarding it. I'm considering test-writing a novel at some point and rn im stuck on having MC use sound magic but having some difficulty imagining it for all categories.

As for my personal favourite sound user would probably be Feng Jiu Ge from Reverend Insanity.

2. Bad Company

Bad Company Crossing the highways of fantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    Throne of Magical Arcana
    The main character used some sound wave spells in the early chapters. Examples: echolocation and resonance frequency

3. NoLongerTheSame

NoLongerTheSame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sound huh...nothing really stands out for me. Sound-based abilities/skills are some of the most uncommon of the non-mainstream ones.

But if I have to pick one, Zither Emperor's Ye Yin Zhu maybe? Heck, I only remember him coz I just read it recently.

Edit: And probably Tatsuya from Mahouka. Rather than skill, it was more of magical application to sound where he amplified his finger snap to discombobulate his opponent (iirc).

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022