Discussion Why did translator split chapter?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by girisuherman, Sep 2, 2022.

1. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    I wondering why most novel I read got split by multiple parts... Like 2k word chapter got split by 4 and end up with 500 word per chapter 1/week, like the f... Why did they do that? Even so I try use to get early 5 chapter did you know what I get?

One and quarter chapter yes, 2 dollar pantheon for 1 1/4 chapter... My god i though I get full 5 chapter, not 5 early pages. I really wondering why this practice become more and more common? Do there is people that willing buy 50$ tier for reading 50 part early?

2. Bashful Mimosa

Bashful Mimosa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it gets tolerated and supported by some readers I guess. I also had this question before and some nuffians said it's due to having "more updates" and the longer they publish, the longer they could perhaps receive tips. Oh and they said some readers didn't know it was a split chapter.

girisuherman and Sabruness like this.
  3. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Each webpage has ads.
    More chapters = more webpages = more ad views = more money.

4. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    all of the above plus there are some chapters that are long and difficult to translate and they split them so they at least get something out on schedule at least with newer translators or folks with schedules. Then once they get in the habit they stay at it even after they get to the point (skill ways) that they can do it all in one swoop. you have to take what they are translating and then splitting in to consideration too, take the old phone novels, those are short pages that you can scroll through in seconds and if they split those then it's obvious it's for more ad revenue but if it's one where you paste the pages all together it turns in to a wall of text it's obvious they did it because it's both easier to read in a sit through (basically making another page in the book) instead of having the reader stay on the same page for like 15 or 20 minutes ( I.E. like if the chapter basically covers an arc)

asriu and DojaDoge like this.
  5. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, you're talking about the ones where splitting one normal sized chapter into several tiny ones. for those in it for the money, the ones above already said the basics.

girisuherman likes this.
  6. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    The are two categories for translators/authors split a chapter. First, there are plenty of novels with monstrous lengthy chapters that need to be split into parts so as not to overwhelm the reader like The Last Science by Etzoli, that way the material would be easier to comprehend. Second, the translator who needs money from ads that make them chopped one regular chapter into three or four pages.

Sabruness likes this.
  7. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly it seem case where more page more money... It happen multiple time where character dialogue got cut like they intentionally stop because word count or it just paragraph per pages...

I probably should get used to read MT novel.

8. msbwhy

msbwhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this reminds me of a translator who used to split chapters and used patreon to read advanced chapters... it's even more annoying when they didn't put numbers on the chapter (like 4.1, 4.2, so readers can read the raws if they want to) but they didn't do that...