Discussion why do current dragon ball fans hate fan made stuff?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kennykdogg, Jun 5, 2020.

1. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    i was just thinking about itsanimegirl and looked at her channel to see she hasn't updated in almost 2 years and still people are in her comments saying how bad her content is. i remember in 2013 fan theory videos were popular, but now if you your not spitting cold hard facts that the creator and his team has blessed us with you never watch the show. I even hear sometimes people hating on DBM. They say stuff like this is bad for the community and people like her are trolls and make the worst type of content. I thought dragon ball was powered by the imagination of the fans and still is, but the hate for fan made stuff in the anime community is become more noticable to me.

2. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know. I enjoy reading fanfics and I notice that people get mad with the writers because they change a couple of things; I guess that they get annoyed because they changed something they like but... What did they expect from fanfiction?

3. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time for people to really troll them and push yaoi fan fiction of Dragonball to the top.

Also, you mean the hate in the western community for fan fiction. Japan has tons of fan made doujinshi of various franchises. I think the popularity of any that aren't erotic versions is fairly low in the broader community.

Raneday, Capsize, Wujigege and 5 others like this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    dunno~ this cat not really follow anime community~

well maybe they hmm da one who bashing out is elitist? those who think their opinion is da best one?
    so what kind of bad thing DBM spouting around? gokuxvegeta snusnu?

fan made stuff hated.... really?
    vanilla huh.png

5. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason is that in 2013, there had not been a new Dragonball series since Dragonball GT went off the air in 1997 and most people were starved for any Dragonball content no matter the quality. Now Dragonball Super has been ongoing for 5 years or so and there is a new anime and new movies to go with it so people don't care about fan fics.

6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    There will be poeple fighting imaginary battles to prove how pure their love for something is.

Ddraig and Sabruness like this.
  7. kennykdogg

Reading List:
    Link
    DBM has a lot of blood and gore. the power scaling is not to their liking. the biggest is DBS isn't being incorporated. lastly a character is currently being pushed at the expense of beloved characters. there is probably more but i don't keep up with such things.

FreakyDude likes this.
  8. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't read or watch fanfiction, that is the reason why i haven't fully watched dragonball z
    it was fine with the original dragonball (a fanfic of sun wunkong legend) but at least it was funny
    but the fanfic author for dragonball z just had to put aliens in it (aliens in dragonball is not cannon)

9. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am a huge db fan and i love DBmultiverse

10. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Fanfictions can be good and can be bad, however, they are still within the domain of fanfiction if they are written by fans, but I say when a non fan of a series makes fiction about it, they ruin it, and it will no longer be a fanfiction, in a sense they did it because they liked the artstyle or because they heard people talking about it or something, point is, when a non fan makes a fiction about the series, it becomes something else and I think it is a genre that is not fanfiction as they are not a fan in the first place, that is why I think that they need to find a different name for a fiction or parodies about some franchise written by non fans other than fanfiction, because it becomes the end product becomes confusing for many fans and so they become bad because they are judged as fanfiction :hmm:

01 likes this.
  11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Can any fanfiction be possible worse than super?

12. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm well there are wierd people and above them insane people.

I just watch DBZ for the raw action, especially Goku transformation and goten and trunks fusion.

13. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if they are still avid fans after 5+ years of Super then they must like it to some extent. And yes, there is some true garage fanfiction out there.

14. Kingloli229

Kingloli229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a lot of really bad theories that was made during Dragon ball super from people like itsanimegirl that made completely no sense.

01 and FreakyDude like this.
  15. kennykdogg

Reading List:
    Link
    what makes someone a fan? The art or the soundtrack in some forms of media is the most important thing. my whole post was about other feeling entitled to product because they feel that they uphold the core beliefs of sad produce so others who see something different not only cannot equal them in the amount of knowledge but also love, so the must be wrong

16. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean "what makes a fan"? liking the art, soundtrack, etc... doesn't make somone a fan of the show :facepalm:
    First you need to watch/read the show/anime/series... and then in order to be a fan, you at least, either: liked it, or understand the plot, or have a good idea about who is who and which does what in it, if you don't fulfill any of those minimum conditions then of course you are not a fan:blobsweat_2:

17. kennykdogg

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about others in DB community, but when itsanimegirl came up with a theory it made sense to me because I watch a lot theory videos, so I was going in with knowledge and could see what she was talking about. Without context from another story I can see why others are lost on her words.

18. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    with how the power level is messed up in super...i doubt you can find anything worse except dragonball gt......

19. kennykdogg

Reading List:
    Link
    you don't care about art and soundtrack, but others do and one of the two got them interested in the show. later liking and becoming a fan. remove or change them and they lose interest and leave, but for you I guess they were never fans

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  20. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    People hating to hate, you could make compelling arguements and great ideas all day. Some rando... "your trash and the stuff you make is trash". Now if your shit is trash it just gets exponentialy worse so welcome to the shitshow.