Spoiler Why Fall in Love if You Can Attend Tsinghua University

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, May 5, 2020.

1. RaiLi

RaiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title:Why Fall in Love if You Can Attend Tsinghua University
    NU Link:https://www.novelupdates.com/series/why-fall-in-love-if-you-can-attend-tsinghua-university/
    Raw Link:https://m.shubaow.net/69/69644/

Description

Once she woke up, Gu Xuejiao became the arrogant and willful stepsister of the book’s male lead. Her specialty resided in breaking the relationship between the male and female lead… she is the nth female character.

Gu Xuejiao thought about this character’s ending. A desolate, abhorrent annihilation… and decided it’s better to continue to practice the *Wu San workbooks* she just finished in her last life.

The Cheng family listened in alarm:
    The girl who was rebellious, and only served to let others worry; asked with a simple expression:

“Do you think it’s better for me to apply to Tsinghua University or Beijing University?”

Cheng family: ….

*Note: Wu San workbooks is the Chinese version of Barron’s and Princeton’s for the SAT

2. Pakhi

Pakhi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone: :blob_plusone:

Ahmya likes this.
  3. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    so continuing where it stopped in the translation ,the MC apologized to Cheng Mingjia but this made her (CMJ) more angry.Then she said that the MC liked Chen Mingze(ML in the book/CMJ’s brother)and of coursed everyone was shocked.And the MC didn’t denied it and said that she not only like him but also liked grandpa ,uncle cheng(as a a family).CMJ rebutted that it was a feeling of a men and woman.
    MC then said "Ming Jiao! Early love is a must! My brother and I are even more together, and you should never have this unrealistic idea again." CMJ was so speechless and angry.
    After that, the MC went to a salon and dyed her hair back .and went to a bookstore where she met a father and son , the father approached her if she was in high school and asked her if she can help them in buying books.she then waited for a taxi but there was a car (that had a problem) that rushed straight towards her .the car then mad a turn into a big tree.there was no one around so she helped the guy in the car get out and called 120 . Then the car exploded and ambulances and fire trucks came.after that she came back home.
    Meanwhile the guy the MC saved was actually the ML.the cause of that accident was an assassination attempt.
    When school started she the son who she met in the bookstore named Yi Tianyu .she went to a mall to buy a watch because she lost it in an accident and met the ML there
    Sorry, my english is bad .I hope that u can understand it

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  4. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    While the MC was looking at the watch , the ML recommended her a watch that was worth ten thousand and MC bought it.the MC was literally blushing when he saw the ML’s face.she thanked the ML and left.
    At this time, a fat man rushed out and shouted, "Ahhhhh! Why do you hold me in my mouth by holding my mouth ?! And why put a thousand pieces of my treasure in the town shop It ’s sold ?!
    ”The fat man jumped up, his face flushed, and he was very angry:“ I want to sue you! I want to call the police! The treasure of the town shop! This is my treasure of the town shop! A thousand pieces! It's not enough to touch! This is a famous master ... “ " How much? I bought it. "Lin Zhihua looked calm.
    "Lady's sixty-five thousand ..." The fat man's voice lowered, then pulled up again, "But this is a couple's watch! Even if you bought the lady's piece, this man's ..."
    "All bought." Lin Zhihua's voice was still calm.
    "Affects ... what? Did you buy it all ?!" The fat man's throat was choked by something, his eyes glared like a roll, his face flushed red, "It's the meaning I understand ... all ... all I bought both ?! I bought both of the couple watches ?! "
    He then took out the men’s watch and wore it.when MC’s mother, Li Sitong, was going to MC’s room and was shocked to see her studying.In school CMJ went to MC’s class and bet that they will compare their final grade and whoever do what the other party want.everybody was saying the MC was stupid . When walking in the street she saw a doll machine that had a panda in it and she ran in and exchang ten cents and the ML came and they both met again.The Mc was very embarrassed playing a few times and failed to get the panda and offered to the ML to play too.The ML played and failed a few times and couldn’t catch it and the MC said that it was impossible and laughed.Then the MC asked to add friend to him and ML accepted and the MC left.after the mc left the ml then bought the machine and move it to his house
    While the mc was lying in the bed the ML sent her a photo of the panda and Mc was so shocked that he caught it.
    The ml responded coldly and MC said goodnight to him and was about to sleep when the other side didnt respond. In the other side the ML was telling his secretary to sent him stickers.then the ml sent a Goodnight sticker when the mc was about to sleep .
    In school, when mc had just arrived at the school gate, a car stopped in front of the car, the window shook down, showed ML.the mc was slightly surprised and asked why he is here, the ML responded that he had a brother studying there but the person he was talking about was a nanny’s son.and said to him he will come pick him up.the boy gonna cry, but can only nod.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  5. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML ? How old is he.

Mystical giggles, Venice1 and miko_ like this.
  6. Jennifere12511

Jennifere12511 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you sister

7. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The girl is so focused on her marks , love it

8. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also , this gu cousin girl is so annoying . I didn’t know anyone this annoying when I was 15 .

michoux and Mystical giggles like this.
  9. Not Today

Not Today Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely MTLed this novel. Meh, this one just didn't really do it for me. The FL is introduced as this major bookworm, but it's to rather EXTREME extents. Everything else outside of her studies & academic pursuits felt secondary. It was funny since the ML got introduced early on in the story & showed interest really quickly, to the point where I thought maybe something would happen between them soon-ish, but noooo he was just treated as a friend/mentor by the MC for a solid 80+ chapters, and even after THEY ACTUALLY GOT TOGETHER, nothing really changed the FL's studies/University came first followed by the occasional "date" which mostly consisted of him picking her up from Uni & driving her home...:rolleyes: (And sometimes a dinner)
    In all fairness to the FL, the author did a really nice job is showing her growth both as a person & also how her hard work & intense studying paid off. (By getting into her dream Uni, working under one of her idols, accomplishing tons of extraordinary feats in Mathematics...etc). This wasn't a golden finger type of story, she worked hard for every achievement!
    There was the occasional outside source of conflict (with her cousin, with the 2nd ML, with a roommate in college, etc), but at its core, this story centered around the FL & her grades/schooling.
    LONG STORY SHORT, don't bother unless a SUPER STUDIOUS MC that puts her everything into bettering her career interests you because this story is 90% academics-related.
    Take the Slow Romance tag seriously, this shit moved at a snail's pace.:sushi_sigh::sushi_sigh:

IMO if felt like the ML was only an afterthought to the FL the entire time, I mean the FL didn't mistreat him or anything, but she always put her wants & her studies before him. Their relationship didn't feel equal AT ALL, regardless of the 2-3 times that the author had her do something for him. (Let me make clear that I WAS NOT expecting her to drop everything just for him, my complaint is more so that it was ALWAYS him doing something for her, both in the beginning & even after they got together.)

10. girrlit

girrlit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I probably was... :oops:

hopefully not as vicious.. but probably as annoying.

11. Sasa

Sasa The bored bookworm

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a pit I'm telling you!! A PIT!!!

Okay maybe it is for me.. Since I am also a learning tyrant once upon a time (/ω\).. Why can't I have a sweet love like MC?!!

Be aware that 50% of the novel is about learning...ha.. Ha...

Damn.. Anyway although ML was borderline stalker, but not so cringy with CEO extravagant feeling.... But the way he took revenge on the 2nd male lead is so funny (He helped MC to do part of simple homework and intentionally do it wrong, so when 2nd male lead copied it, he was caught by teacher and got scolded) (They have crazy amount of work during holiday BTW).

I don't remember my school was that crazy during my final high school year before college, or maybe it just me

Anyway this story is a bit like [You are the apple in my eyes] in term of MC relationship with 2nd male lead. So much that when 2nd Male Lead vomitted blood when he saw the movie. He ended up calling the cast to redo a part of it [The part they argue and ended up not confessing thus cutting the love fate]. Instead of running away, he change the scene saying:

I'm sorry, I listen to you.

I like you.

I know, you like me

Then repeatedly watched that scene and cried.... Dang it!!!

Additionally MC even thought that if 2nd Male Lead confessed to her, she will reply, I will think about it. But 2nd Male ended running away before confessing because he thought MC is too cruel for asking him to go to university in Shanghai instead of Beijing (MC felt that 2nd ML should consider his future seriously and not to use emotion when making decision for his future.)

Then when 2nd ML returned back (its raining, he was afraid MC will get sick) MC already swiped away by ML leaving an umbrella for him.

What the heck with the sudden dog blood ah??!!!

Now I ended up repeating [Those bygones years] OST because of that scene !!! I'm sad!!! (BTW never watch the movie since it is too bittersweet for me)

Truly a pit!! My heart still with ML. If there is no such scene, I'll not feel so uncomfortable right now ah! This loyal dog is too heartache.

Marane101, Ceilo27, BooBoo and 5 others like this.
  12. Sasa

Sasa The bored bookworm

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is 9 years older than MC.. He was 26 when they first meet if I am not mistaken. MC was 17 or smthg??

Ceilo27 likes this.
  13. sleepycaptions

sleepycaptions Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn’t finish MTLing this because it was a headache trying to remember all the names, especially when MC referred to herself and the body she’s in as two different people. I do like the idea of a novel that focuses on the academic side of school life though (if anyone has recommendations please let me know)

Does anyone have spoilers on the MC’s relationship with her step brother? I’m assuming the second male lead is the basketball dude in her class and the male lead is the grown man chasing after her ugh

Ceilo27 and eagerreadergirl like this.
  14. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I weird finding this weirdly charming? i like that the female lead is serious about her future. Works hard at all she does and does the smart thing. Which is to choose the man that will wait until she is legal, and that will help her in a more tangible way i.e help her study.

15. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Though on the romance end it is a snorefest. On the other hand, the FL is so weirdly aspirational.

16. ViviFreya

ViviFreya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also find this very charming, as how strong and how clear cut the MC is. The romance could be written and paced better, yes. But the family drama and how the MC improves herself is the charm of the story imo.

17. XLing91

XLing91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story for me a lil bit boring, the focus of this story is MC, how hard she study etc. kinda boring and dont really hv many romace:cry:

18. ...vegan

...vegan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers on the family drama?:aww:

19. Haziel21

Haziel21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler on mc relationship with the ori's mother?

Chizuru likes this.
  20. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler about that side couple that end in tragedy?