Discussion Why so much loli?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seeker, Jan 22, 2016.

1. The Darkness

The Darkness 『False God』

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the thing, not all petites are lolitas, and naturally you should go for ones you clearly know are legal. I.e. over the age of consent, if you think they look young, or are lying then don't do anything illicit with them. Besides in this day in age all it takes is one Google search to figure out who someone is and how old they are.

Like era of tech guys, Googling someone is not hard.

2. The Darkness

The Darkness 『False God』

Reading List:
    Link
    Arcturus likes this.
  3. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    You've got a point.

4. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when I think of Loli almost all of them look like elementary school children not young petite teen looking women. So if you like petite women its because they look like they could be young college students that are 18 with baby face. If you are interested in Lolis and want relationships then you sir or gal are a pedo and need to seek help. This is why I have such a issue with people that debate over Lolis and shotas. They are based on the looks of Young children under 11 years old that are usually flat chest or a boy that is still skinny before he hits puberty.
    This is a very easy thing to understand
    Safe way to like the genre of Loli/Shota - Parental love, they are cute.
    Dangerous way - Hentai, you want more then to just hug them when they are in bed.

PLEASE JUST ADMIRE THEM! no touch, no pedo. It might seem like I am joking but I am not please do not be a pedophile.

CDLevit likes this.
  5. The Darkness

The Darkness 『False God』

Reading List:
    Link
    I always do. Anyways petite is pretty hot sometimes. Man college is going to be nice.

NeaxD likes this.
  6. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh depends upon the college. My college is lacking in quality women with decent personalities. Or at least I don't know many.

7. The Darkness

The Darkness 『False God』

Reading List:
    Link
    The university I am heading to has 36 000 undergraduates, I am sure that I am fine.

8. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol mine has about 1/6 of that number

9. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Are you discriminating?

10. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean by this statement? I have standards but they aren't that high.

11. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    ...what's a quality women?

12. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Quality means that they have a personality I like and average looks. Personality is the harder qualification. I have a very strange sense of humor and personality myself, which makes me hard to deal with.

13. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    So, you are talking and using a personal scale.

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I also have a younger sister and several nieces of an age which would qualify as loli. I don't have a problem with reading stories with lolis naked or making love, unless it's too overbearing. Don't forget, in as late as 1900s, 12 year olds were perfectly old enough to get married and start making babies. It was only when America became a major power that they forced their puritanical views on the rest of the world.

By overbearing, I mean stories where every character are lolis, or loli rape/sex is common. That was the reason I dropped Oda Nobuna no Yabou, there were simply too freaking many lolis in there, although there was no sex with lolis, it's like Sengoku Japan was filled with lolis.

If you don't like it, there's nothing more you can do but avoid it. It's simply a difference in culture. Every time someone dissed about the lolis, I kept thinking, "Oh god, please stop. Try to look at it from the Japanese POV. You can't judge us with your standards." America forced their puritanical views on the rest of the world and the Europeans accepted it with Netherlands being the last. Us Asians couldn't care less, we only see it as westerners forcing us to accept their culture.

Children being naked is not taboo or risky to us. We don't get turned on by looking at naked little girls, unlike those people in the west. I guess one can look at the loli culture as Japanese's resistance to the pedophobia arising in the west, where people are even afraid to snap pictures with little girls for fear of being called a child molester.

Asf and NinetH like this.
  15. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand that you are saying Japan Loli genre is just a genre where the readers are suppose to admire the pure innocence in a child and they try to characterize the loli character as a being a older female that looks young. My problem is the amount of loli and shota hentai coming out of Japan kinda disproves Japanese view on characters in Novels like a Elven/elf Loli as purely innocent. That is the reason I find it so weird I cannot get over the fact that a 50 year old man doing it with a loli char that looks 12 but is actually a 112 year elf for example is right. IMO japan is just flat out weird you got hentai perverts and you got people that are not into that fetish that just likes the pure innocent lolis in a parental way.

You cannot deny the fact that there are very very sick people in japan that do not just want loli characters because it is cute to love them. I am completely okay with the readers that feel the parental love for the Loli/shota characters that is fine but trying to say americans are scared and trigger happy at calling others sex offenders when Japan has that pedo hentai coming out of its nation and making them seem innocent kinda annoys me. I am not sure if you mean Asia countries or just Japan when you say east though.

In the past it was okay for nobles to rape women that they want cause they were commoners and they had the power does not mean its right. Imo 10-12 years of age is just too young. I think what Im trying to say is young child around the same age w/e they want to have sex when they are young I do not really care but if a 18+ year old does it with 10-12 that is just weird and if the age gap goes even further that is just very very wrong

Edit: you can justifies Parental love and familial love all you want and I will agree with you on that aspect.
    But the older people doing it with younger people I will respectfully disagree with anyone that says otherwise than it is wrong
    Edit2: forgot to mention this but Loli are always based on the appearnce of young children so once again that means when the author first design the looks and characteristics of a Loli or shota what is on their mind is they are thinking of children age 7-12 I think is the age range now think about the fact there is hentai on that age range that is why I do not like the way SOME(the perverts) people from any part of the worlds love of Loli.

My viewpoint is this
    Parental love, no touch (sexually), I am okay with. if the interact is like a older brother or parent taking care of the Loli children w/e that is fine. Young children close to being teens doing it at age 12-13 where both sides are the same age I do not really agree with but if those children do it by themselves whatever so what I known people in my HS that lost their V card at age 13.

18-50 year old adults doing it with 7-12 in that hentai crap though that is flat out wrong and I will never ever agree with those readers that read the Loli/shota genre if that is what they see it like.
    Edit 3: I just wanted to show a example of what some characters look like as a loli to the Japanese or american viewers
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Mia from Death March age 112 or 122, do not remember,looks 8 or 9
    way too damn young.
    TL: DR Authors need to stop deciding to make characters that look young because in the end they are thinking about children not teens not adults when some authors write sexually active loli/shota characters into a story. People that like older adults that hook up with loli means you are okay with a older adult having a relationship with young children. the Lolis in a story are not real. its very rare VERY rare to have a real life loli/shota if there are any.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    CDLevit likes this.
  16. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    My viewpoint on Lolis has nothing to do with this. I have no problem with the concept of Lolis or children having complicated feelings, because kids have romantic and sexual thoughts and generally lack significant control over their emotions. It's just that I have experienced life with children, who one could say is a "loli" and I find that the depictions of them common in light novels and manga clash strongly with my experiences to the point that I often don't want to read said literature. In other words, they are too cliche and while I enjoy some cliches, others annoy the hell out of me, especially many that come attached to the term loli. Now, if the characters that are lolis (or hell even other characters) are developed in ways I find interesting that's well and good and I'll read said work, even with gratuitous fan service of young girls. But like genderbender, yaoi, and other genres, I don't like these cliches to the degree, that even if I do like genderbender works(which I greatly do, to the point that I actively wade through all the junk to find the good works), I question whether it is worth my time to read said works, when all I'm going to get is a pile of annoying cliches and little substance in exchange for some cute loli images. And oftentimes I find that the answer is no.
    Also, yes I use a personal scale. If you don't use a personal scale, then you're an idiot. The only time I speak objectively on anything is when I have to cuz I'm writing an academic paper.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    CDLevit and NeaxD like this.
  17. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In hindsight I do not really loathe loli characters I just dislike how some people find it okay with there to be large age gap in a relationship the story is trying to portray. Like in level 999 villager MC 23 yrs old, 1st Heroine 10 years old. In Death march MC 15-16 yr olds, Mia 112-125 yrs old. Cradle robber much? Mia herself looks like she is 9-10 so er wow soooo when the MC becomes 80 years old I will be thinking of a elderly man doing with a 8-10 year old? yeah no I do not like that I will ignore that part of the story as trash.
    edit: their love might be beautiful and pure but the physical characteristics when I think of them in bed yea not so innocent there hence I would have prefer the author have just made the elf look like she was 18.

18. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    But see with Death March, the MC isn't into lolis, the weird hero is. And the slice of life antics present in DM are sufficient for me to still enjoy the work regardless of any ridiculous actions of the young heroines. And Lvl 999 villager is a bad novel, irrelevant of lolis which is why I dropped it.

19. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand that. It is the only reason I am still reading it. If the story every went down the route where the MC does it with the Elf. that will be when I drop it. as long as there is no sex which since its Japanese I doubt there will be sex between the MC and the Heroines for ages I think he only goes to brothel for that. the story is good imo as of now that is.

Arcturus likes this.
  20. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    I like loli

End of story...