Question Why the low rating for martial arts master

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by MH2, Oct 15, 2017.

1. MH2

MH2 [Former Child]

Reading List:
    Link
    It has a 3.3/5
    Usually this score is for novels that have a superficial plot(if a plot even exists), no character depth at all, and generally worse than cliche novels

But this novel is really really good, its a modern cultivation novel, and honestly it has one of the most realistic romances on this site( the love interest isn't a tsundere, yandere,, nor is she an ice cold beauty that keeps having this stern experssion which is supposed to be attractive, nor is she a jade beauty/ Just a normal beautiful girl. I mean they grow closer through just talking and hanging out, he didn't even save her or anything(pretty weird for a novel) and gradually the distance starts to shrink)

The MC is kind of likeable and you kinda want to cheer him on and his character development is something to look forward to/ He only fins one treasure at first and that's' it, no super duper lucky mc
    Also other characters actually resemble human beings with personalities
    The combat could be confusing but it's a martial arts novel so what do you expect

But it's pretty weird for a novel like this to get such bad ratings( I usually dont bother with anything under 4 cuz they would usually suck, speaking from experience here and I read this cuz the reviews seemed good and I wanted a new novel to read)

2. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Standard issue Qidan Sucks 1/5 voters.

Sablecaballero and Serendipity like this.
  3. yotae

yotae Drunkard Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    because they give 3/5 after only 11 chapters that all and yes i think it's a good novel too

MH2 likes this.
  4. Deleted member 43009

Deleted member 43009 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    1.Qidian
    2.Qidian
    3.What do you expect almost 70%+ people hate qidian and the other 30% are those who doesn't care as long its free *cough* theres gonna be a pay wall soon or they are new to the community

5. MH2

MH2 [Former Child]

Reading List:
    Link
    So some people go to qidian novels and just give 1 stars..... great

6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Qi haters

7. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasnt there a thread about this just a few days ago. And based on the comments, QI hating is not the major reason for the low rating.

8. A.I.M.E-02847

A.I.M.E-02847 [Trying to understand Humanity]

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people just like to give 1 star rating for no reason.

9. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    So what's it about? (I read the NU synopsis but honesty those never say much esp for CN novels)
    How likable is our MC?

10. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it lacks a punch. To those (I included) who have been used to the distorted scale of xianxia fights, realistic fighting-moves appear boring. Backstory on martial arts integration in modern world is lacking. Also, gives off too much of a slice of life vibe.

kennykdogg, Fuyuneko and readerz like this.
  11. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's qidian haters automatically down voting every novel they bring out whether they read it or not. Martial Arts Master is very good. The author of this novel also made Throne of Magical Arcana which is one of my favorite novels.

12. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    didnt read, but yhe plot sounds quite the same as cultivation chat group.
    its on qidian
    as of late, theres way too much kids on NU, their taste is different.
    the rating system sucks, its the same as not having.
    some ppl will rate it low because of not having yaoi, yuri, rape, opsuperpowered invisible dragon tag.

really, you shouldnt care about the rating, but yeah, novels on qidian kinda makes me have no will to read it.

Asf and readerz like this.
  13. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand your view, but can you honestly say it deserves as many 1 stars that it has?

MH2 likes this.
  14. MH2

MH2 [Former Child]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my opinion so don't blame me if you hate his guts, but I found the MC relatable, he isn't retarded and can speak to woman and jokes with them( no stutters, or awkward silences), and he starts out martial arts to pursue his dream girl but then he starts slowly to love martial arts and become engrossed in it, his confidence grows which is due to his martial arts training

15. MH2

MH2 [Former Child]

Reading List:
    Link
    It does have some similarities,
    You can by the way just read the novel at some other website that is stealing from qidian

16. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    So was the dream girl the love interest/normal beautiful girl you mentioned? Is there anything "annoying" like romantic drama/rivalry/complicated circumstances(girl has high-status family), etc?

17. MH2

MH2 [Former Child]

Reading List:
    Link
    No rivarly, no harem, tiny bit drama(you might not even notice it), she is from a somehow well off family but it wasn't emphasized alot and she seems normal

18. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A score in the 3 doesn't mean its bad. My personal favourites are in the 3s. 4s are the universally liked novels that never had a boring or awkward start. Saying anything under 4 sucks is short sighted. Anything under 2 though means it sucks since that means it doesn't even have a cult following.

19. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, over 3 is typically "if you like the tags you'll love the novel", at least in my opinion. I filtered out QI when I realized that there were no novels on the site that I was reading and I was missing updates to novels I do read in the sheer flood of QI novel updates. *checking* Martial Arts Master came out after that, as I suspected. *reading description and reviews*
    ...​
    ... Personally I'm not a huge fan of martial arts. I don't hate it, but I don't like it enough to read a novel that will have a focus on martial arts competitions. If I didn't filter out QI, I probably would still pass on this one. Still, you should take another glance at other novels with 3.0-3.9 ratings. They might be better than you'd think.

20. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. Pretty sure people dont rate a novel low if Yaoi/Yuri/rape tags are missing. NuFFers more likely to rate a novel low if those tags are present

zman likes this.