Question Why's everyone so mad at a lot of Xianxia Novel?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Aeid, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeid

Aeid Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know not everyone things so and i can understand everyone's frustration that a lot of Chinese novels (Mostly xianxia) had rubbish plots (my opinionXD) with repetitive things happening like this:

MC appears - People calls him Trash MC - Underestimated - random arrogant guy that appears out of the f*cking nowhere for the sake of getting kicked by the MC - defeated by MC - runs away to calls daddy's dad's grandpa's dadday's brother's penus - Fights MC - MC defeats them - repeat.

Well you might call it that i already answered my question but this is just too much. I mean, like, there is literally at least 10 negative reviews to every single one of the xianxia, wuxia, xuanhuan or any chinese novel that i see. So can you please tell me your opinion here besides that they're rubbish? Or if they're rubbish then please elaborate more.

PS. I'm new here and i'm just curious. I don't mean to criticize Chinese novels as i personally think that they're awesome so please go easy on me XD :)

Lord Meh Meh, KyleXreX and Xravia like this.
  2. Waffle

Waffle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people have their own reasons for hating certain CN's. Though the ones that follow the cycle you stated are the most hated, every CN has people who dislike aspects of it. For example, although ISSTH is considered by many to be amazing, there are still some people who hate it due to the slow start or other reasons. I agree that those who leave reviews stating, 'this novel is trash', should probably elaborate on it, but quite frankly, it is just their personal taste if they dislike it. I for one, hate CN's of Tang Jia San Shao that aren't harem, because he tends to write them by completely making the MC apathetic to other females, despite them often being more interesting than the heroine.

Amaury1514, Raizhee, FlameE and 4 others like this.
  3. 12300

12300 [How many sheep can Snorlax count?]

Reading List:
    Link
    When it happens so many times, people might want uniqueness and not the same thing again and again.

4. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    The primary issue is that they read to many of the same Genre in a short amount of time. Because these novels are of the same genre, and are focused towards similar people, it leads to alot of very similar tropes, comments, and mentalities. Because of this the more touchy of people on the internet, tend to want to vent or in laymen terms 'bitch'. They believe that in this whole wide world, only their opinion about works of others, are important or relevant, therefore your wrong because their right. Despite the fact that if they put half as much effort into writing their own novel, as they do complaining they could write a decent novel, they see no point in putting in effort to trying anything, so they might as well disparage the hard work of others.

5. Natsume

Natsume Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the person... Generally, a lot can be summarized like that, but what makes it interesting is how they write it. Personally, I read quite a few CN novel and some of them can be summarized with the same sentence but I still like them nonetheless.

6. Red.Gamer

Red.Gamer A foolish fool

Reading List:
    Link
    Most novels (not excluding japanese and korean novels) have shitty plot. Those people who criticize on troupes and cliches are mostly just venting out. I myself don't like xianxia except for a selected few. In my opinion, they don't have to heavily criticize if their criteria is not constructive and just basing it on troupes and cliches.

7. lucjanssens

lucjanssens a very ¨rabbit¨ bunny

Reading List:
    Link
    they want nuffies so they have to type about something

8. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    i dislike them because of two reasons
    1) the chinese writing style gets on my nerves after a while
    2) Although the mc is less "beta" (as everyone likes to say), he is also often because of that a massive douchebag

mir, vlue and SilverxCalibur like this.
  9. RebirthofNovel

RebirthofNovel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People don't have time or else many NU members can easily write novels.

"MC opens his eyes, so i transmigrated and this guy is Trash even his name is trash"
    MC original body guy was injured by X1 and died.
    X1 is level 5.
    in 1 week we have family tournament.
    MC cultivates reaches level 5 in 1 week.
    MC v/s X1, X1 reveals he is not just level 5, he is level 6 now due to the medicine he took.
    MC cripples X1.
    X1 father X2 gets angry and wants to beat up MC. Plots and MC finds out.
    MC increases to level 6 luckily and defeats X2 who is level 7.
    X3 X2's other son who is in a big second grade sect comes home wants to cripple MC,
    MC asks for a month after match.
    MC reaches level 7
    MC v/s X3 X3 crippled . X3 was level 8.
    ................... and so on

umair, Raizhee, clementtng and 6 others like this.
  10. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    It's all about personal tastes...

HesheFell likes this.
  11. Greedyspree

Reading List:
    Link
    You want a mentally stable and modern lawful society influenced MC in a world of barbarians and slaughter? I am very confused.....

No no....most people on here have plenty of Time....they just have very little patience.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
    umair, quack0709, NekoMK2 and 5 others like this.
  12. Saxumsium

Saxumsium Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is nothing wrong with that plot by itself, but when you see it again and again and again and again and again, it gets a little tiring.

for example ATG (Against the gods) does that continously, and then goes on for some chapters saying how uniqe and awesome the MC is. and again, and again, and again. Often interrupted by some random OP personality giving him more OP powers.

Yeah, I wouldn't call that great storytelling.

umair likes this.
  13. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not mad at xianxia...I'm annoyed. There's a difference and it's not because it is Xianxia either....it depends on the story....

14. Aeid

Aeid Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. I understand now. I'm mostly new in this "reading Chinese novel" business and I've only read most of the famous ones. But when i always tried to read a new novel, i was always turned off because a lot of people are stating stuffs like "This novel is trash", "this novel is full of nonsense", "Piece of sh*t", "Total waste of time", "Don't go near this novel", when some times they were wrong. I've read WDQK, Child of Light and Xian ni and a lot of people criticized it but personally, i enjoyed them..

PS. Unless if the MC is a dickless human like most Japanese novels - most of those kinds of stories are not about the MC, it's all about the girls, no different from a Hentai - then i won't even complain about the reviews.

15. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Just sick of it I guess..
    The first and second cake might be delicious... but when it reached 10's or more, you will get sick of it and dont even remember how it tastes like anymore.
    Yeah..
    Same as these xianxias.. it was great for the first few ones.. but it was so similar to one another that I lost the feeling from reading it anymore.
    Tropes, characters, plot armors and even missions repeat themself.. not to mention how it is one of the most translated/fastest release chaptered novels in NU ftm.. I just steer clear of them nowdays aside from what Im already following ftm.

16. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    no, not at all.
    There is a difference between not following laws and being a shitty person though
    modern example: there's no real "law" that says you can't spit in a customer's food before sending it to him. You're an asshole if you do so though
    there's also the moment when he stops listening to his own rules. The hypocritical asshole.
    perfect example: god and devil world

17. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read Emperor’s Domination then? It does follow that pattern, but there's something different about it...

18. TSLives

TSLives Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They always complain how trash they are, yet they WILL STILL READ THEM.

19. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    as always dont like dont read those people read to much xianxia go read other genre for god sake no one force you to read Xianxia no need to complain blah blah blah what bunch of ............... ......

NekoMK2 likes this.
  20. Greedyspree

Reading List:
    Link
    People are influenced by the world around them. For us in a modern lawful society, we are influenced by the laws and rules, and the basic decorum of people around us. These stories tell tales of societies based around slaughter, robbing, pillaging, raping ect. If you expect your mc to be a solid minded individual with high morals, and uprightness, then you should find another genre entirely. Being very straight forward, and douchy saves alot of trouble. But I do get your point, but aside from transmigration novels, where a modern world MC is moved over, it doesnt make much psychological sense.

SirKulinski likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.