Wix problem and Please help me with WordPress

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by SkyWind332, Apr 4, 2022.

1. SkyWind332

SkyWind332 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good day I'm having a problem with Wix. I've been translating WN and now I have at least 40 chapters on my Wix Website but I noticed this past few days that the Wix editor is getting really slow. I already converted some pages into static pages but that also didn't fixed the slowdown is there any way to make it faster.

Also can someone help me with word press.

How can I make the menu appear in all the pages.

2. WordEater

WordEater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I also experienced this one, but I gave up because I was getting nowhere. I think you'll find this article and this article helpful though. Since your page is already static, just pay attention to the bolded texts.
    1. Optimize Image Sizes before uploading it to Wix.
    2. Top to Bottom Rule - use less file size on the top compared to the bottom.
    3. Use Wix Mobile Editor to Speed Up Your Site on Smartphones
    4. Don't use too many animations on a single page.
    5. Use popular fonts (Arial, Serifs, or any pre-installed fonts in your computer) so that it wouldn't need to load cache=website speed won't decrease.
    Use at most 2 fonts for your website.
    6. Limit slideshow and other effects.
    7. Don’t Use Too Many IFrames On a Single Page.
    8. Don't put so many things on your header, remove unnecessary features.
    9. Don’t use too many external applications on a single page.

10. Use Unlimited Packages During Traffic Spikes. Contact Wix Support for an upgrade. (I think this is $$$)

11. Consider using your smartphone in inputting your post content. Like seriously, using a laptop or computer to type content is going to make you wait 'til you're a grandma to load.
    12. Give up.

As for WordPress, according to this article. Free themes need to have someone to manually put CSS while the premium themes have an automatic menu seen in all pages for it. I found another method, but you need to add plugin which means $$$. A concise video tutorial can be found in the article.

Ohhh here, I found no coding required.