Discussion WMW

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by DunnoGoodUsername, Sep 8, 2019.

1. DunnoGoodUsername

DunnoGoodUsername Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you haven't read WMW (Warlock of the Magus World) then I'd suggest reading it to the end of Arc 2 Twilight Zone and see if you like it! Btw there's spoilers for the last 2 arcs. Now on to the discussion.

So I was thinking of expanding the story of world of gods/final war, and 1 of the things i'd add was the story of the dreamscape owl to be expanded to be a messenger or something from future Leylin to fix a mistake,
    1. and the other thing I'd like to add was the lords of calamity to find out about the return of the nightmare king physique, so they hire the nightmare kings killer (dunno his name) and distorted shadow somehow to mess with Leylin's emotion's,

1. and create a antagonist/hero that came up as a commoner from world of gods prime material plane

1. and let the antagonist/hero become a god through a god of justices fall and have that antagonist/hero challenges Leylin's weakened conscious,

1. and let us see the POV of the antagonist/hero's journey to godhood,

1. and add new characters for magi that are rank 8 and above that gives us there stories,

1. and Leylins sons POV
    These are my ideas, I'd like to know what you would add to it

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  2. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know what would be even better?

IF YOU COULD ORDER YOUR DAMN IDEAS
    Seriously, separate them and elaborate them one by one and not as a lump of fanfics, this is after all a novel with a clear personality, the fans of it would not take you seriously if you dont present something orderly

3. DunnoGoodUsername

Reading List:
    Link
    done

4. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the whole future self is bad idea. Leylin walked his path and destroyed all obstacles and rooted out any potential problem and destroyed it. If he made such an error that required sending a messenger into the past to fix he would have already died trying to fix it at the time cause it is all or nothing for Leylin. Plus any issues large that required him to speak to the past would prevent his achievement of Rank 9 imo. It just doesn't fit his character or the story in my opinion. This ain't Mushoku Tensei.

Distorted Shadow was trapped inside the world of the gods unable to interact with the outside world. The Nightmare kings would not have the ability to communicate with him and it is tough to see how Distorted Shadow could have acted upon Leylin any sooner seeing as he was contesting over control of the God of murder whatever his name was.

Your other ideas would diverge the story so much that I dont feel the need to respond to them or the ideas are just ideas for a sequel which I won't comment on.

Also I think we had a good amount of Rank 8 Magi powers and they were given adequate backstory for the parts 8n the novel.
    Anymore and it could become bloated. But that's just me.

Gin_Hindew and DunnoGoodUsername like this.
  5. DunnoGoodUsername

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea I just really miss reading WMW since there's not alot of novels out there that I fancy, and thanks for the info since I forgot about them.

6. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I miss it too. I haven't been able to find a novel quite like WMW.

It has been awhile since i read it too so don't take what i say in contradiction as Gospel. I doubt I'm wrong in the facts i gave but i could very well be missing other information that makes my points moot. I've got a couple novels pretty well memorized even years later but WMW is definitely not on the list.

7. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost regret reading WMW cause before I would read trash tier novels and enjoy them but afterwards I can't even touch them with a ten foot pole.

8. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the middle of a WMW binge an sucks when you find a one of a kind novel.

9. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol man I read it 5 times already. The thing that needs improvement is the Shadow World arc.
    It's pointless , you see Leylin holds the key from start to finish. The 40+ chapters of minor characters squabbling about is just a filler.
    Unlike the underground arc , Ley doesn't get much out of it and it's not as interesting.