Tutorials & Resources World of Cultivation pinyin replacer extension (updated to replace pinyin in To Be a Virtuous Wife)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Em_Rez, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Em_Rez

Em_Rez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey y'all, I made an update to the World of Cultivation pinyin replacer so that it also replaces the pinyin in To Be a Virtuous Wife as well.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/world-of-cultivation-piny/bbnonihfnnpoafkaanninebcnecdnggl[1]

P.S. Sometimes it won't replace the text because half the text is in italics and half of it has normal formatting, so you'll see "wang ye" and "wang fei" untranslated on the first chapter (for some reason translator only italicized half of the phrase)

Sorry for not putting this in the other thread but I don't know how to change the title of the thread.

oh yeah, also, for some reason it also will change the links in the table of contents so that they don't work, so turn on the extension after opening the chapter

FAiri110 and Shio like this.
  2. Reright

Reright Someone who tried to keep it simple but failed

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I only read a world of cultivation ....I don't understand *_* So umm good :p

3. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow.... kinda glad there is an extension of this. honestly reading world of cultivation has gotten to the point of being annoying. i can understand leaving pinyin for stuff that doesn't translate well, but a lot of those already have well known and frequently used translations... dude just apparently really likes pinyin -.-

does it let you exclude certain terms? i actually kinda like li instead of spirit i.e.

readerz likes this.
  4. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks.
    I have no problem with reading pin yin, but I could see that this is really useful for other user.

Hahhaa likes this.
  5. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol - With the (standard wordpress) sites forward and back links including both WoC and tbaVW, I got stuck more then once reading tbaVW when I thought I'd be reading the next chapter of WoC. The pinyin drove me nuts - even more then all these strange new characters (I assumed they were introducing the inner disciples at the time : ). The very existence of this thread both confirms and justifies my unentitled feelings. : D
    That said - give props to wyhcwe - who has been doing a fantastic job with the translations for the past year. Loads of weaboos demand japanese romanji in the LN's translation, so this is hardly any different.

6. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    *sees thread*
    *goes of to learn pin yin*

7. mellester

mellester Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At first I had a glosaary open for to be a virtues wife. But pinyin got easier later on.
    Also I still needed the family tree open alot to discover that sometimes I confused people.the fact that wifes totaly discarded there maternal name and surname confused me alot. It was as if you needed to have sufficient standing to remember her maiden name let alone to be able to use it in conversation.
    but Learning a bit of pinyin helpt alot to determine the family relations of people not important engough to be in the tree. Of wich the where a few.

8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moved to tutorial

9. Drago2014

Drago2014 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Can U also create one for The Great Ruler and I Shall seal the heavens

10. Em_Rez

Em_Rez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? There's no pinyin in those... unless you're talking about the names?

11. Drago2014

Drago2014 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep especially for the great ruler

12. keitachan

keitachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it possible to create an extension that will integrate a personalized list with any novel translation?
    That way one could replace the pinyin in any translated novel with the english/spanish/whatever language equivalent.
    Thanks

readerz likes this.
  13. sensitiveears

sensitiveears Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I know I'm totally dredging up old stuff here, but I converted the addon to mozilla, and even ended up checking the content.js file, and I can only find replacement-pinyins for World of Cultivate, and not To Be A Virtuous Wife? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.