LCD World of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Raphael, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Opjohnaexe

Opjohnaexe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly that ending deserves no more than a golf clap, it was kind of a letdown. But the rest of the story was amazing, if I were to get my wish I'd drag Fang Xiang over to write another 50-80 ish chapters to finish the story properly, they'd start from when ZM appeared again as a god, and then much more slowly explain the final stretch of the story, and tie up loose ends. Not this.

compass96 likes this.
  2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    'twas said that it's a common thing for FX to end his story anticlimatic

3. greeeed

greeeed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All Chinese novel I read end like that T^T.
    They usual have 1000+ chapters yet the story end without epilogue.

Would they lose something if they made few extra chapters for epilogue?

mrttao and Black Frost like this.
  4. ninish

ninish ✿Fujoshi✿ [#224~] [Dʀᴀɢᴏɴɪsᴛ] [Lᴜʀᴋᴇʀ Lᴇᴇᴄʜ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no balls but also feel Blue over this.

I hope the remaining chapter sates some of this need!!!

compass96 and mrttao like this.
  5. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    u can get some brief descriptions of how the major sects are affected by the events in WoC in it's sequel, avalon of 5elements

i guess i can write it here cus the novel have finished so its not spoilers but basically

all sects die out cus qi disappears but weapon sects like kunlun still exist are 'hidden powers', kinda like the yakuza, they work in the shadows and manipulate stuff.
    but if you are talking about right after the ending, it seems like they all rebuilt and live on happily ever after, demonizing MC and all his friends, so MC and his gang become the ones who fucked the world up.

the sects become the good guys again but the world seems to be split again cus theres no more yao or mo and nobody cares about them...while the MC&friends are made out to be the bad guys, their achievements are not forgotten..for example, Gongsun Cha is reknown as a genius great tactician,but yea, bad guy's tactician.

there is no such thing as immortality so they all died...even ZM... the only person who got really famous is wei sheng, who is said to be the strongest swordsman ever

TBH thou this makes the sequel kinda boring cus everyone is basically cultivating for a healthier and stronger body. you spent the majority of your life cultivating, so you live longer BUT more than 80% of your life is spent cultivating....

ninish, Arcturus, readerz and 3 others like this.
  6. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess then going by what you have stated (super thanks by the way!) In the end MCS and ZM didn't really win because history ended up painting them in a bad picture. Winners determine history after all.

As much as I truly did enjoy WOC, I doubt I will read the sequel due to reasons you have given and I was really quite thoroughly disappointed with how it ended. I can't handle the heartbreak of series going so downhill.

readerz and compass96 like this.
  7. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess it depends from which POV u see it from.
    if you look at it from MC&friends POV, they did win. they achieved their goal and have their happy ending. he got his revenge but the void sect and everything thats dead and/or destroyed will never come back....

kunlun failed their conquest mission and was wrecked, but we know they eventually rebuilt and branded the MC&friends as enemy of the universe but does MC really cares? especially since these takes places many years later and since there is no such thing as immortality, the MC probably died of old age since which is why the brainwashing was allowed to happened.

MC goal was never get rid of the sects and become the saviour of mankind...funny thing is that the qi cultivators would have taken a longer time to disappear if the sects did conquer the universe and spread shen energy

as for avalon of 5 elements, the first 300ish chapters is really good, and this is one novel where the side characters are fantastic. however the MC is super boring and not interesting at all....his cultivation is borked and its really weird...

Haiku575 likes this.
  8. Sancrea

Sancrea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that's what i cannot understand after reading avalon of five elements. Sure story happens 10k years after events of WoC but in avalon so far they mentioned only karakorum (kun lun) and wei sheng, no mention of zuo mo, a gui or anyone else. How come kun lun managed to survive when zuo mo along with wei sheng were the only god lvl, i assume lin qiang died or commited suicide because he couldn't bear the crime he commited which was letting kun lun die under his rule. Let's not forget about a gui and co. which had a pretty high chance of becoming god lvl, now add to that the fact that zuo mo was the first ever person to unite yao,mo and xiuzhe ever since they appeared.

So either author will make the inheritance of zuo mo obtainable much later in the story and there will be a true history of his rule at the site or he(author) went completely bonkers and he will erase everything pertaining to zuo mo.

9. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    zou mo and gongsun cha was mentioned. like i said in my previous post, they are recorded in history as villains.

it is pretty clear that kunlun and the other sects rebuilt themselves and told everyone they are righteous blahblahblah while ZM&friends are the bad guys.

u have to remember that there is no such thing as immortality in these stories so ZM & friends eventually died of old age while the sects continued to propagate.

10. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    which is kinda stupid because MC and co apparently had their own sects.

That said... what actually happened based on The Avalon of Five Elements by the same author is
    Somehow all the separate jie merged into a single giant "world" (except only sorta? it still was kinda separate, with different planets in it and the like... except when it isn't. the geography and cosmology of that story is confusing).

And spirit energy completely disappeared. Humanity was pushed back by "monsters" and possibly "barbarians" towards "old earth" where finally Wei Shang (the MC's bro), the greatest sword cultivator ever, sacrificed himself to cast some obscenely powerful spell even with the changes in reality, that made it impossible for outsiders to invade.

Later on a completely different cultivation system was designed based on "elemental energy" which is some lower form of energy.

11. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    compared to the usual xianxia/xuanhuan where it's purely kill, get treasure,girls and loop
    it's better

mrttao likes this.
  12. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    :( I really loved the start of this story but I stopped reading after a while because I heard that the ending is bad. Now that it is completed though, I might go back and read a few more chapters. Just spoil me two things:

is there a female lead
    does MC stay a virgin for a very long time like in other Xianxia?

13. Hahhaa

Hahhaa hereby irrevocably & perpetually waives all moral

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO, that is worse than current ending. It's like the author snapped. You don't like the ending? Fine. I give you another ending. Everyone died. All what Zuo Mo been doing is pointless. Back to zero. Happy?

IMO, that also a bad way to start a sequel.
    Unless there is Zuo Mo legacy somewhere that indirectly or directly helping these new type of cultivators.
    If not, then these mention of WoC is pointless because all those researches and breakthroughs that happen during WoC is rendered to useless. Only another breakthrough by Wei Shang that usable used to create a new setting. Better start something new than a sequel that basically have nothing to do with prequel.

Then again, I am just an armchair critic, not a writer whatsoever. I also have not yet start reading the sequel. My critic maybe way off. But as of right now, I sure don't feel anything to start this sequel.

:blobfearful::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::blobdead:

mrttao likes this.
  14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree and am kinda sour about that one too. I really don't know what the author was even thinking. I am wondering if maybe the "barbarians" are related to the legacy of ZM and co? so far they haven't really come into play
    an apocalypse of sorts was intentionally started based on self replicating highly infectious material that converts elemental energy into blood qi, so that the remnants of devlish dao blood sect could rise to the top. combining some really advanced elementalism with blood qi... yea...

Hahhaa likes this.
  15. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm i agree with you that i don't like how there is no immortality. even when you reach the highest stage of cultivation, you still die of old age...

as for the sequel...it's just a setting i guess...qi is gone and the plot is about people trying to bring back qi, but it is blood qi...stuff that the evil sect use...this blood qi can go back to qi cultivation so they are overall stronger..

spoiler about 5 elements - mc cultivation is complete and utter bullshit.

the MC in the sequel, cultivation is broke and breaks logic. he is a sword cultivator but he only has the first part. he eventually broke the sword in his dantian BUT he is mainly cultivating elements which is WTFBBQ. then he later also manages to refine blood qi into normal qi, so he also has 'qi' in him. this is where the MC gets really shitty cus he gets crippled and starts to relearn sword 'dao' (which is not talked about AT ALL) so the MC cultivation right now is utter BS and the author seems to be writing BS.

Haiku575, mrttao and Hahhaa like this.
  16. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't barbarian refers to a xiu(or something) that is from a non-cultivator group that learns their own way to use ling energy?
    Wasn't the black guard also had a batbarian background?

mrttao likes this.
  17. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    *shrugs* I enjoy that the author at least stopped before he got extremely repetitive and the story went to shit. And I'm perfectly fine with no immortality. History can only really progress if there isn't old parts of it controlling everything.

18. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    except we see histroy rewritten by huge sects here...

anyway the whole point of cultivation is to reach immorality. xian = understanding the dao to reach immortality. if theres no immortality, why is there cultivation?

it should be wuxia. if you take away the stages of cultivation, then the fact that there is no immorality makes sense. for example, shaolin wushu emphasizes on a strong and healthy body. there are some abbots who are enlightened and live really long.

in JY wuxia novels, there are alot of such characters. abbots who live very long but age, and taoists who pursue immorality and live long+look young (but they still don't reach immorality since it's just seeking the dao but no cultivation)

19. DazeHero

DazeHero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For whatever reason I loved the ending. Having it end on the mountain he started from brought me back to when the story first started, ZM finding out about the Hidden elder, making sun crow fire pills and that giant formation. Although having it be maybe a two chapter ending with ZM and Wei Shang talking about what happened after the final war would be nice

20. Aeternelle

Aeternelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WoC ! It's definitely going to feel different not seen that daily update anymore. About comments for the sequels (the other FX novels), I kinda take them as standalones with inspiration. Order goes World of Cultivation -> Avalon of the Five Elements -> Undefeated God of War. You could probably fit in Card Disciple somewhere, if only it gets picked up by a group of translators. AotFV completely wiped most of WoC's cultivation base, keeping only Wei Sheng's sword legacy with Ai Hui (MC). I feel like Ai Hui is as much a scalping zombie as Zuo Mo, although he had to work a lot to get to where he is (and not receive guidance from generals like Pu Yao and Wei).

Current chapters of Avalon gives out many hints of what developped into Undefeated God of War (Armies, synchronization, laws, etc.) and it got really messy since lots of characters share names. Also, WoC Pu Yao and Wei feel like the spirit battle generals of UGoW...

TL;DR: I'll miss you WoC ! Thanks a lot to the Dreams of Jianghu team for giving this great story for us anglophones.