Discussion Worst time being sick?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr. Tired, Jul 5, 2021.

?

Favourite thing to drink when sick/help your stomach?

1. Orange juice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pepsi

5.4%
  3. Ginger Ale

13.5%
  4. Tea (Herbal tea, honey and tea, ginger tea, lemon tea, etc.)

40.5%
  5. Sprite

2.7%
  6. Gatorade

5.4%
  7. Other.

16.2%
  8. Our Lord and Saviour Beverage (H2O)

51.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    More interested in the 'physically' sick stories, but mentally ill stories too (I just thought, since most people still find this topic 'taboo' and even touchy/personal, fewer people would be open to sharing but you can if you want of course).
    :blobcozy:

---
    The worst for me was when I was seven years old. I got the flu all of a sudden even though it wasn't flu season, so already it was weird and my late Nana was concerned.
    I was weak growing up. Smallest kid in the hospital, I think about only four pounds and five ounces. Hell, I almost died before I was born (umbilical cord wrapped around my neck) so already I was considered an 'unlucky child'.

Anyway, I had the flu, was sent to hospital after having a seizure, and was epileptic. I spent a long time in the hospital, whilst still having symptoms of the flu, and it sucked. All the pressure was on my Nana too, and she was with me the entire time. I felt bad but was also super grateful to her, and I think it brought us even closer.
    Thank you, Nana Juanita. blobmelt_thumbs Your pecan pie sucked ass but you were a very lovely grandma to have.

I was too tired to watch the movies or play all the video games they had, and the nurses tried to spoil me but I was too sick to enjoy the attention. Which I'm now sad about.

So, worst times being sick? Any near-death experiences? :blobpeek:

Oh, and I've been seizure-free since uhhh 2012? 2013? 2014? Can't remember~

babybb likes this.
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    Worst time being sick, during a pandemic. (If we were talking about what event)

The worst for me was when I came down with the Dengue fever and got hit with the cold. (which surprised me cause I’ve been bitten by tons of mosquitoes for many years and it was only that one mosquito that caused it).

The fever lasted for around 7 days before I slowly started recovering, but then my bad luck just had to make me get the cold right after I recovered and lasted for another week. :blobsmile:

Basically, my whole trip was a waste cause I didn’t get to go out a lot.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  3. magicalblob

magicalblob Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really sick through bacteria or virus, but the worst was this one ocular migraine I had.

Just extreme pain in my head, nausea, heaving, the whole shebang, for hours. Slept the whole day and mentally handicapped for the next few days. Felt like my brain only ran at 60%, really off feeling.

P.S. How can you not have our lord and saviour plain water as an option? an outrage I say!

Mr. Tired likes this.
  4. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    It sucks when we plan to do something fun, and we end up getting sick or some other health barrier gets in the way, ruining it for us. ( _ _)
    Sipping on it, but maybe it's just a personal thing, but drinking water when I'm sick makes me feel worse, not sure why? ;^;
    I love how you address water as it should be; our lord and saviour beverage.

5. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure which one worse: got my right calf broke near the knee at the start of the pandemic last year or the dengue fever I caught +/- 2-3 years ago (both got me hospitalized)
    The dengue makes me sick for about 2 weeks (a week at home & a week in hospital). While at home I can't eat, my mouth feels hurt when eating even w/ porridge & all, I could only eat fruits & supplement my drink water w/ honey
    The broken calf only took less than a week in hospital (operation to discharge), but the recuperation & rehabilitation took me 'bout half a year (can't run, but I could walk albeit a bit limping)
    As for my answer to the poll: warm water sweetened w/ honey

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  6. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    worst for me started as bad cold and then I got rained on several times during a single week at work and it got much worse. after not sleeping for a night I called in sick and told my boss that if I could cough out the people inside and sleep for a couple of hours I'd be totally fine to come in. she seemed to think I was delirious and I was sent to the ER.
    turned out I had pneumonia and I was in the hospital for a week and had to rest at home for another two weeks after that.
    now I have to be really careful even if I just get a little cold because my lungs are compromised. yes, this pandemic has been a little stressful.

oh, and I tend to crave the grapefruit soda Squirt when I'm sick (I never drink it unless I feel like crap) and it has to be room temperature, not cold.

7. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting covid was the worst, took me a whole month to get better and I was doing remote college too. Absolutely terrible, I did nothing but eat vitamin C pills and sleep as much as I could

natsume142 likes this.
  8. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone on NUF is mentally ill to some degree, it’s a well known facts and there’s nothing “taboo” about it :blobpeek:

Mr. Tired likes this.
  9. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If i sleep my problems go away, if problems did not go away, means i did not sleep enuf…i basically hibernate when i get sick

Mr. Tired, deepon and magicalblob like this.
  10. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a tall mf that gets sick easy. If i get sick I'd usually just spend the whole day eating fruits and veggies while purging with water.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  11. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    Sprite and coke for me. There were rumours that they contained pesticide. Even better, since it can help kill whatever is causing problems in there. The ton of sugar maintains your blood sugar and bp levels and the CO2 helps with the gas if any.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  12. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    worst time being sick for me when I was in university, and it was the 2 day public holiday thus the university clinic are closed, nearby clinic is like 15 km aways. We had no car nor any transport to go there.

My roomate isolated me in a room while they stay with our neighbouring housemate. They ask for my other friends if they have some medicine supplies (some of them have) and I just stay in bed while 2 of my best friends help me with food and drink

It was bittersweet experience but after that I always had extra medicine with me.

13. Princess Kito

Princess Kito Is it over yet?

Reading List:
    Link
    Now. It’s the 4th of July and I’m stuck a home sick. Gotta love sore throats, headaches and vomit

14. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously, I would not choose orange Fanta because it represents death.
    [​IMG]

Mr. Tired likes this.
  15. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have stomach issues and you drink any kind of soda, you dont need to go to a hospital but a school since you are ignorant enough to try it.
    Now, if you have stomach pains, teas works well enough.
    If you have diarrhea then Gatorade is preferable as it works extremely well for dehydration and in case you didnt know, diarrhea dehydrates the body the longer you have it. As having to much diarrhea is dangerous if not controlled and treated properly.
    My worst time was once i was like 15, i got extremely sick and was vomiting plus diarrhea, and in less than half hour i was dehydrated enough that i was hallucinating gravely and was taken to a hospital. My mom still teases me with the crazy stuff i said lol, like when is dad coming back from the moon or spoke unintelligibly stuff.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Mr. Tired likes this.
  16. ALostCause

ALostCause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once in college, I caught some sort of virus (still unknown up 'till this day) where I had rashes out from FACE TO TOE. I couldn't stomach more than like 5 baby carrots per meal (if that) and my whole body was HEATING UP all the time. The school doctor told me to take a cold shower but I would get chills because my body was BURNING XD I couldn't sleepy, eat, expose myself to sunlight... but guess what, this ALL HAPPENED during my finals week, in college, in HECKING HOT CALIFORNIA XD It lasted for A MONTH and all the school doctor gave me was.... advil, cough drops, and over the counter allergy pills... lmao xD I was essentially on a liquid (H20) "diet" for a month bc I couldn't eat anything else lol.

17. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I… don’t think I’ve ever been that sick. I mean, of course I’ve gotten a cold or the flu before, but I usually just bundle up in a pile of fluffy blankets and wake up fine the next day. Never to the point where I’m delirious or hospitalized.

Speaking of which, I’ve never understood why people in novels/anime go to the hospital for a fever or cold. The sick character even gets intravenous fluids… that’s so expensive, and just for a regular fever… :sweating_profusely:

18. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chiken pox?

19. ALostCause

ALostCause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, they said it wasn't any of the common viruses that cause rash....? idk xD

20. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh~ That time when I got chicken pox for sure! It was a nightmare. :blob_teary: I had it when I was around 13 yrs old. (Pretty old to get chicken pox I think)

It was kinda alright at first, but after a few days, (my mom said it wad because I was fed chicken), I got worse. Like suppperrrr dupeeer worse. The blisters suddenly like multplied :blobsleepless: My whole body and whole face was covered... Ooh I get shivers just remembering it. Then I also get this queasy feeling in my stomach and my mom said that the blisters were also forming in my stomach :blob_teary:. I also had it in my mouth my back, everywhereeee :blobdead: It was a nightmare. It was super duper itchy too and I accidentally scratched some of them when I was asleep so I now have (fairly light) scars on my face QAQ. I remember my hands were wrapped too so that I wouldn't scratch the blisters and make them pop. But the keep popping anyway when I lean on them when I sleep. :sweating_profusely: *sobs sobs sobs* I remember I felt like crying then. :blobsleepless: It was so scary when it suddenly increased so much especially on my face. I had a fever and stuff too... And I always felt sick in my stomach. :blobsad::blob_coughblood: