Question Would try to befriend a kind-looking prince or not ?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tsuru55, Jun 7, 2019.

?

Befriend prince or not ?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    92.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is often the cliche of a prince in a academy. So would you try to be a friend that will not respect his status ? or just another boot licker ? or just no?

Sure the cliche would be he is someone that really wants to have someone that doesn't respect his status to become best friends.

But what if the prince is double faced treacherous manipulator prince ? Looking kind at the surface but is really evil and doing everything possible to become the king/emperor ? And that somehow even though he said he prefers to be equals, in his heart he despises everyone that do so ? What if, in revenge after the academy he makes you have an accident that kills you ?

2. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless we have similar interests, the odds are pretty low that we would even spend time together in school other than if we're in the same class or have group assignments together.

StuffedDuck likes this.
  3. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    No, because I'm a man...

4. Aop

Aop [Great Destroyer of Filth] [Dao of Cleanliness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends. Is his sister hot?

Darkcrow. and Gyoza like this.
  5. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if u get isekai'ed the fuck out of nowhere you do not befriend royalty unless it's the "summoned by the king" type of deal, in which case you try to befriend princess/prince and then get the fuck out of there when noone is looking, abandoning your friendship because let's face it....
    if people need to summon a hero, they will manipulate you to deal with their problems, simply because of "tradition" to have a hero.
    or because they are dickheads that won't risk themselves to fight demons or whatever.

if you just randomly appear in a forest and stumble uppon an academy later on i guess go on a case by case basis.

if you are born in that world, any of the above won't matter, and you will decide based on social customs and if you think he is a good guy you want to be friends with.

6. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    No.
    Its troublesome to deal with noble's courtesy and political bullshit.

I'd rather be a low ranking noble than sucking up to anyone.

7. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ever read the recent isekai manga with the dodge healer ? (only 1 chapter available)
    Royalty/or the whole country are clichely dicks.
    I wonder how he will escape prison with just healing spells and invincible dodge.

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  8. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    God !!!! SO FUCKING TRUE ! Thx for giving your oppinion.

9. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what does this mean? do you mean a medieval prince goes to the school in his country, and I'm also a student around his age there?
    if so, am I a noble or a commoner? am I OP enough to survive assassination attempts on the prince? what is the situation of the nation?

why are these the only options for interacting with the prince? there should be a third option: try to guide prince into a respectable leader without becoming friends

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Same age. You are just a baron, strong with a sword but not really OP so it's dubious if you can resist an assassination or not.
    A medium decent kingdom and the prince looks decent at first sight.

11. Beer_Kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, you cant be a "guide" if youre not even in his faction, a retainer of his(means you are a friend) or somewhat in a lineage close to the royal bloodline.
    Unless you are a female, in a good high rank lineage and possible to be a queen candidate or concubine.

12. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    last time I checked, retainer = / = friend, and does not necessarily mean bootlicker.

it's also possible to guide through manipulating/influencing people close to the prince without interacting with the prince directly, so I don't think becoming his retainer/friend is necessary to 'guide' him either.

based on these conditions, I would probably be respectful to the prince, but try to avoid the prince if possible.

My reasoning:
    it would be too easy to get negative attention from high nobles, who feel like I'm a bootlicker.

If the prince is good leader, I don't think he needs friends (even if he might feel lonely at times).

If the prince is a bad leader, or straight up evil, or if I feel like there are negative influences near the prince, I think I will be able to escape more easily if I stay farther away from him. I would then either try to either go to the neighboring kingdom, or at least hide somewhere while looking for ancient relics or something useful to protect myself from the prince's bad leadership.
    If I have the advantage of modern scientific knowledge over the medieval nobles, i would try to pool my finances into building some modern technology/profitable goods, but I'll do it away from the noble academy because a minor noble like me probably won't have enough influence in a noble academy, and one bad noble noticing me in the academy would put my life in significant jeopardy.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Gyoza likes this.
  13. Beer_Kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    You cant be a retainer of a prince unless you are in his circle of friends or somehow in his faction because both of you are still students. And by seeing thread starter comments, a baron status without being OP cannot manipulate others with a higher rank.
    Also basing on society rules and courtesy, a retainer of the prince gets a higher standing even if both person has the same ranks, so goodluck with trying to manipulate someone high ranking than you or even someone of the same rank.

14. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    circle of friends can mean friend of a friend (of a friend) of the prince, this does not necessarily mean you are the prince's friend.
    in his faction means prince is leader, you are a subordinate; leader and subordinate relationship = / = friend

correction, a baron status without being OP cannot order others with a higher rank.

anyone with some social/psychological intelligence can manipulate anyone else. really intelligent people can manipulate people very easily: a good example being dantalian in dungeon defense manipulating many higher ranked demon lords.

I feel like I'm stating the obvious, so I won't reply to comments like yours anymore.

15. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Too much pressure would be on me if I decided to approach even high-ranking nobles, let alone a prince of a country. No matter how kind the prince is, I would get bullied to hell and back and then got discard after losing my value in threatening the prince, and that is if the prince is a kind one.

There is simply too much risk in befriending a potential future ruler of a country and too low of a benefit.

16. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the situation.....

If you have OP cheats and Prince has a hot mom or sister

< Befriend the Prince :blobowoevil:

< Steal Prince mom or sister or even both :blobowoevil_horns:

< YOLO :blobangel:

< ??? :hmm:

< Profit :blob_blush:

If not. Avoid nobles especially royalties... :blobthumbsdown: