Would you call this a spoiler? (Danmachi)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Alexios Blake, Nov 14, 2020.

?

Spoiler?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a question for those of you who either know the novel or only the anime of Danmachi.

On Reddit I just had a bit of a heated discussion over one of my comments being a hard spoiler for the climax of the current arc of the Danmachi anime. First there was someone being super excited about the climax of the arc to that I commented „A repeat of season one but maybe with a different ending“.
    From my point of view this counts more as a hint since I didn’t say what exactly will be repeated or how and if the ending will be different, but then someone said that this is a hard spoiler so I wanted to see some different opinions. How do you guys think about this?

PS. Is it possible to block someone on Reddit? Just asking because I got threatened with that.

Hanada likes this.
  2. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the moment you've said "maybe", you have clearly said that it has a different ending. That's the only reason to add a "mabe", since if it were the same, you would have just said "a repeat of sseason one".

Otherwise, I believe it's not that hard of a spoiler, taking into account that the basic premise of the series is the growth of the character and his legend, and that's fitted into a classic style of "boy overcomes hardships to become a better self".

On the other hand, it IS a hard spoiler... if you're aware of it already. Meaning it's only a spoiler for those in the know, which makes it... a non-spoiler?

3. Alexios Blake

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s how I see it, If you already know what happens you will understand what I’m hinting at, on the other hand without that knowledge you will ask yourself what I’m trying to say.

4. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't watched past season 2, and I have no clue to what you're alluding to.

I wouldn't consider it a hard spoiler - that would be like "X is the criminal" or "X is betrayed by Y and dies"
    Stuff like that.

c.decora and Hanada like this.
  5. Alexios Blake

Reading List:
    Link
    You should see season three it’s really good. Much better the season two

6. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler

7. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would consider it a spoiler if someone can logically piece together what actually happened from what they said.
    If not, it is just an extra piece of information.

If I said for example, in a certain isekai story,
    "Imagine what if our protagonist considers a career in landscaping, or inventing the microwave, or getting a beard!"
    You wouldn't imagine it to be
    An older version of him that decided to turn an entire nation into a desert, leaving it inhospitable to life, and planning to make more of the world inhospitable. Or when he basically cooked another Japanese alive who tried her very best to save the world from war
    Sorry, can't tell you, that would be a spoiler

8. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think this is a hard spoiler, no. That said, I also don't think you should be saying jack in the first place, and that you have absolutely no one else to blame if someone thinks you've said too much. If you know what's going to happen, I know it's tempting to weigh in when you see people discussing it. Don't. Just keep your comments to yourself.

9. Alexios Blake

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you’re right, getting insults thrown at right of the bat made me a bit hot headed I guess.

Westeller likes this.
  10. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    never watch season 2 but "planning" to see that. and i dont think thats a hard spoiler. cz i dont get any clue about what will happened in the climax

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.
    Happy kitty , sleepy kitty, pur pur pur. :aww:

rhianirory and Not Red Yet like this.
  12. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reddit still exists :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

They threatened to block you? Watch out, we got a billy badass there.

Everybody has their own opinion about spoilers and while I don’t really care about them and stay away from things relating to said topic if I don’t want to be spoiled.
    Death is inevitable :blobnobully::blobnobully::blobnobully:

13. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a lot of unkown factors involved in such a dispute. F.e. the person could be autistic. Some people would consider the mentioning of a red t-shirt a spoiler, which is totally irrelevant for non-autistic people etc.
    Different culture, values and backgrounds lead to different results. The lack of information can lead to a dispute between both parties, without resolving anything. Also there are a lot of non-rational people out there. Trolls, crazy people, fanatical people etc.
    Just don't get too involved in it, because it is the internet ;D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  14. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I fail to see how autism has anything at all to do with this, far from all people with autism cares about such things unless it is about something specific that they especially interested in.
    You are going to be just as likely to find non-autistic people complaining about minor details as you are with autistic people.

15. Elementarteilchen

Reading List:
    Link
    It was just an example. I didn't mean ALL autistic people, but some would consider this a spoiler. I also gave examples of non-autistic people, such as trolls etc.

16. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    And my whole point is that your example is nonsensical, as you specifically wrote that it would be irrelevant for non-autistic people, which isn't anymore true for non-autistic people as it is for autistic people.
    And no I'm not just referring to "non-rational" people that you mentioned as your other examples, unless those include the majority of people I ever see talk about any story.

Do excuse me if I seem a bit triggered, I'm just tired of people bringing autism into all kinds of arguments that has nothing to do with it.

17. Elementarteilchen

Reading List:
    Link
    What I meant, it is more likely for an autistic person to focus on such a detail, than for rational people, but I get your point. Irrelevant is the wrong term, if you really want to be 100% specific.