Game Sign Up Wraufemath - Registration

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by SpearOfLies, Sep 9, 2019.

1. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to Wraufemath, a casual RP of a world with both magic and science. Something similar to the final fantasy(please don't assume magic and science work the same way). Most of the background will be hidden under spoiler. They will be optional to read, relevant only to who care to know a bit more about the relative argument.

Year 0000 M.C.

The year mana appeared. As if it was a great flood, it affected the whole planet. The world changed to something unimaginable for these people's era. Their reality was no longer the same.

Many died because of mana incompatibility. Electronic machines stopped working under the influence of mana. Civilizations and technology were sent back to the Stone Age. That year was remembered and dated as the year of the Mana Catastrophe.

Year 0001 M.C.

Humanity was reduced to a tenth of his former amount. Surviving became a struggle.

Year 0002 M.C.

The few survivors started to develop what we currently know as Aura Field. The special barrier that all intelligent lifeform develop under the influence of mana.

Year 0005 M.C.

The first proper villages formed after the Mana Catastrophe. People stopped scavenging for food and started to do proper farming.

Year 0008 M.C.

The first encounter to monsters. New lifeform borns from the influences of mana. Under the new danger, humanity started to learn how to use magic. A new hierarchy was born.

Year 0025 M.C.

Discovery of new intelligent humanoid civilization. The first exchanges were hostile.

0598 M.C.

The world was divided into three major factions:

The holy empire of humanity. A human supremacy faction. They managed to re-develop the old technology and partly revive the electricity era. One of their major discovery was the method to combine both science technology and magic technology. Thanks to that they had the strongest military force.

Confederation of 7 kingdoms. A mix of various races allied to protect themselves from the human empire. They mainly focus on magic tech. More than 80% of their population was gods believers. It's unknown whenever gods exist or not, but it's undeniable the existence of exceptional individuals under the name of gods. Most of the main island of the continent was under their influence.

Alliance of three seas. A faction focused more on expanding his economical influence than a territorial one. They still held control of the majority of islands around the main island. Thanks to its huge economy, they managed to develop airships. Their main military was composed that high-speed vehicles and specialized magic gunslingers.

This was the year when the human empire declared war against the other two factions.

0707 M.C.

After more than a hundred years of war, the human empire held more than half of Wraufemath. It was its peak before starting collapsing itself because of the civil war.

Fragments of a document written by a nameless historian dead before the second mana catastrophe.

Let's start with the most important parts:

-All intelligent creatures(it means can learn how to speak the common language) have special protection made of mana called Aura Field. This will reduce damage from all sources. The only way to reliable to do damage is with mana. In short, a rifle does no damage, a cannon does some minor damage and a magic sword kill. This is to avoid any possible gun bias.

- Don't try to overly scientific or clever. While the premise started with Earth-like planet, the mana corrupted everything, making some reactions unstable and unpredictable. People started to rediscover things from zero. You can still use some common knowledge just don't try anything ridiculous.

- Don't be too vague and not explain clearly your power. People don't need to participate in a guessing game about your power. While it's fine to explain more later on, being too vague may lead to misunderstanding. It's much easier to work around something than nothing. You can use some game/novel/manga/anime as a reference but you better know how it works properly and not some half-assed research or I may be forced to consider your reference as null.

There are three schools of thought related to fighting. You are free to pick any and more than one. Just be careful of each pro and con while trying to be a Jack of all trade. Mostly roleplaying reason.

Warrior

I had many regrets in my life. I was never a religious person but at least on my last moments, I want to believe in an afterlife. I want to believe that if I leave behind my regrets, I will be lighter to reach Heaven. I was never a good kid...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and now my last regret. The thing that pushed me to write this last wills. Jeanne Durival. The heroine that the empire needs but doesn't deserve. The bright light that gives hope in this era of darkness. After the failed war of Conquering that we started, she burdened herself with part of the aftermath.

I don't really know where to start with the story. I don't really know how the civil war started. But with it, all the dirt of the Empire was exposed. Inhuman experiments to make the perfect soldier. Many monsters were kept in captivity was free now to rampage. In this mess of an empire, she was there to protect the civilians with willpower alone. Reckless but straightforward.

As part of the military, I went through a lot of physical training. I was quite proud of my body and I was easily able to sustain the pressure of my Aura Field when I was fighting with all my might. Yet a girl that was young enough to be considered my daughter, was fighting all these monsters alone.

A day I took the opportunity to ask she fight so hard. She answered me with: "I want to protect the people I care for. I could wait and let someone else solve it. But will be really someone that will stop these monsters before it will be too late? I cannot accept such ending. Waiting is not going to solve anything. I'm not going to leave to faith decide my destiny. I'm going to make my own path even if it leads to my own demise." For the first time of my life, I felt ashamed of myself.

fragment of the last will of colonel. 0720 M.C.
    [​IMG]

Physical training and enchantment. The Warrior's school of thought work toward mastering the manipulation and the strengthening the Aura Field. They need extreme training to make their body resist the increased pressure of their Aura Field. To help their control, they rely on special machine equipment. The equipment is usually a weapon like a sword, a lance or a gauntlet imbued with their Aura Field. Longer weapons require more effort. Only high tier have a body strong enough for a full set. Some Aura Field may have special propriety to add to their weapons. It's impossible to imbue ranged weapons. While they have incredible resistance, they are still inferior to a magic barrier. It's still advised to dodge dangerous hits, but they can pretty much shrug off weak magic attack.

Ranger

"Evalyn De Plata, The Silver Wolf of the Ice Sea. Ex free pirate. Privateer of Alliance of Three Sea.

The captain was considered to be on par with the past legendary pirates until she decided to work under the Alliance of Three Sea against The Holy Empire of Humanity. People started to think she got weaker and was "tamed" by the alliance. Hypocrites.

She was a skilled wind and ice magician. But the most ridiculous thing was her ability as a navigator. Her wind reading ability was basically clairvoyance. She was capable to lead an entire fleet as the only navigator. You may not understand because you never worked on a ship but most ships require 2 or 3 navigators, otherwise, they wouldn't be able to survive long in the sea. A tempest and you are done.

Of course, she had other navigators in her crews. She couldn't always check all the fleet. Leading the whole fleet was something she did only when she was going all out against someone or if there was a tempest that she judged to be too dangerous for her navigators to manage. Fighting against her was a huge pain for everyone.

Even if her enemy managed to board the ship, she was also a skilled magic marksman. Her marksmanship was second to none. I don't know how she did it, but she was able to ricochet a magic shot. Someone suspected that her twins gun, Susy and Anna, had different configurations. Anyway, she killed many famous captains with that trick. Fighting face to face against her was a death sentence.

What do I think about her decision to work under the Alliance? It was still better than bastards who decided to work under the Empire. The Alliance at least tolerates our presence. The Empire sees in us nothing more than a nuisance and a disposable tool. It didn't take long for them to purge idiots after their failures."

translated(my English is already pretty bad, I have no intention to write this with the pirate accent) fragment of an interview to ex-member of Evalyn's crew 7 years after her death by the Empire
    [​IMG]

While ranged weapons weren't popular because they were mostly useless against Aura Field and enchanting projectiles with mana is difficult during a real fight, a group of researcher managed to find a special crystal imbued with mana and transform them in projectile for ranged weapons. They call it Elemental Crystal. The damage isn't spectacular but speed and handiness of the gun allow them to win more fight than losing by exploiting their enemies weakness. The only reason why this style of fighting is still less popular than Warrior is it requires a quite amount of wealth to sustain it. The crystals are expensive. Only B ranked adventures or slightly above average wealthy merchants can sustain a moderate use.

Mage

Not many know it but there are two types of mana: Internal mana and External mana.

Their relationship is similar to oxygen and stamina. Your body acts as a vessel and assimilates the external mana and then convert it into internal mana. Then you use that internal mana to cast spells. Like how easy we know how to move our limbs, Casting spell is mostly done subconsciously.

Mana pool, the amount of internal mana the body can storage, and mana regen, the speed of conversion of external mana into internal mana, are surrounded with many mistery. There isn't a sure way to improve them. Someone believes you need to empty often your internal mana from a young age. Some believe you need eats special plants. Some believe you need to spend time in high-density mana place. Some believe the key factor is genetic. There are so many factors that can change your mana pool and mana regen but none are proved to be certain.

To cast a spell, a mage needs to draw a rune or a magic circle. They are less known as "Words of Mana". The reason for that name is the mage use the rune or the magic circle to convey his will to external mana. Unknown to many, magic is not simply converting your internal mana into a phenomenon but using your internal mana to draw "Words of Mana" to convince the external mana to follow your will. To draws the rune or the magic circle, the mage also uses mana crystal's powder. Mana crystals are often found in places where there is high-density mana. The quality may vary.

An important thing to know about external mana is its density affects spells. Low-density mana place has a harder time to gather the mana to make a high-level spell to happen but it's much easier to control low-level one. High-density mana place instead has too much mana that resists the influence of a low-level spell making them much more difficult to cast but they are the best place for a high-level and complex spell.

Introduction page of the book "Secrets of mana". An advanced book that all mages need to learn before learning advanced spells.
    [​IMG]

The biggest group. Mostly because of the countless subgroups with different magic and ideology. To cast magic, it requires a magic circle or a rune. The vocal is not necessary but it helps concentrate. Compare to the other two, magic will be always the slowest but while it lacks speed, it excels in versatility and power. While mages can deploy a magic barrier that blocks any attack, it consumes a lot of mana. To use it properly, a mage needs a good perception of the timing of the enemy's attack. For a mage, the Aura Field doesn't work as a protection against attack but against their own magic recoil.

This RP has a ranking system but it's more for convenience sake than something absolute.

The skills ranking is:
    - Novice: The starting point. Only young people that haven't reach adulthood or has started to learn something from zero. Cannot harm people.
    - Apprentice: A solid basis. It can be used during daily life. Most of the common people that reach adulthood are capable of doing it. Can harm but it's hard to kill with it.
    -Intermediate: This is the level of someone who knows how to fight. Adventurers and soldiers have this level of skill. They are the skill used for killing.
    -Advanced: Skill that can basically kill a whole army alone. Only A rank adventurers or special elite soldiers have this level of skill.
    -Master: Ace of a country.
    -Grandmaster: True Hero or True Demon Lord.

The items ranking is: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Unique, Legendary and Masterpiece.

The reason they don't have descriptions is that they are. as I said, just for convenience sake than an actual rarity ranking.
    The idea is how much effective they are compared to skill ranking.
    An example is an Uncommon fire immunity ring will block a ignite(apprentice level fire magic) but will basically useless against a fireball(intermediate level fire magic).
    Another example is a unique fire resistance ring will reduce a flare blast(advanced level fire magic) by 25%, a fireball by 50% and a ignite by 100%. The percentage is purely an example.
    There are convenient for making an estimation. They cannot be used as a way to decide how rare is an item. Mostly because the Common ranking is actually more rare in the market than Uncommon and Rare because most of them are treated as a failure.
    An example is fire something common ring will be mostly useless but a speed boost common ring is still useful for somebody. And a something immunity is much rarer than a something resistance.

Another point to make is how rare is the rest. Is important to understand that only Uncommon and Rare are very common in the market. Only a few crafters can do unique items. Legendary is basically no existent in the market.

The last point is how much this is not absolute. A person with a lot of intermediates skills can still beat a person with one or two advanced skills(more than that will be probably impossible). A person with only fireball as intermediate level magic can go through rare fire immunity as the last despaired effort of gathering all his mana and shot it. In the end, this is a casual RP. As long as you don't abuse it, you can bend some rules. Or you can ignore all this stuff if you don't plan to fight.

I hope you are still following me. We are basically toward the end. After this, you can start play.
    So, you will start with a character. The traits of the character are free to choose as long it fits the place where you are starting playing. There isn't a limit of characters you can make but I advise to make it more clear with which character you are playing with if you are going to play with more than one character. Sometimes it can be very hard for others to understand which character you are playing with.
    There isn't a template that you need to follow. I can make one if there is a lot of request for it. More you write, better it is.

There are two types of events that I'm going to give based on your actions and background:

- Minor event: I will send all of this kind of events privately to one player. You are free to share it with other players. Most of this kind of event don't affect much the world. There isn't really a time limit so you complete the event slowly. Just don't take it too slowly. Things will still happen around you and something may change the content of your quest or make it obsolete. I will inform you if anything changes.
    -Major event: I will send this event publicly. Everyone is free to join and help or work against it. This may affect the country, the continent or even the whole world. This kind of event will have a time limit or a threshold to reach before advancing.

This should be everything for the introduction to this RP. If you have any question, you are free to ask. I cannot foresee any possible outcome so I may miss some key point or my explanation wasn't clear enough. I will keep writing in the post below. It will contain advices and lores that I couldn't fit in the introduction.

We are in the year 1257 M.C.
    Available countries:
    Lucenia

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  2. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    General advice that I can give to who want to play a lot on this RP is starting low and stay as low as possible. Novice and apprentice level. Trying to do amazing things every day will bore you very fast. An important part of this is roleplay is you can basically roleplay as anyone. You can roleplay as a veteran retired adventurer. Just remind you are retired so you don't want to do any big job. The best you will do in fighting is repel some monsters from invading the town where you decide to rest for the rest of their life. You can also roleplay as a merchant or as a noble. I will deal with economic and political stuff in this RP. Just be careful that some of your action may lead to unexpected consequences or even death. While I can explain the economic part, politics are pretty fucked up. There are so many unspoken rules, hidden agendas, long terms vs short terms priorities that just think about it is a huge headache. Even when you are not playing as a merchant or a noble, you may touch some economic and politics stuff. You will be safe as long as you don't do anything overly clever.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    This is all in white and is like... Super unreadable... >.>

4. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    Solved it! I don't know why but Nuf decided to fuck up my copy pasta.

5. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    BURN HERETICS BURN!! THOSE WHO DO NOT ACCEPT THE EMBRACE OF THE SWEET DARKNESS SHALL BURN!!
    jk

@SpearOfLies Any format for character creation? Any restrictions on races or something?

6. rasyidmystery

rasyidmystery Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what are the regions in the world? is it only lucenia?

7. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    <.<
    >.>

I already solved it!

This the first country unlocked. https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/5200223/
    As long you think it fits, it's fine.

There isn't a format. You can put the basic Name, Age, Gender, Race, and Background. If you want skills, you can add them. Just don't do anything ridiculous.

Also, I notice now that I forgot to say the year. <.<

We are in the year 1257 M.C. I know you like the dragon race but this is hardly enough to develop a dragon race >.>

AMissingLinguist and Ddraig like this.
  8. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    For the moment I only unlock Lucenia. I'm just one guy. There is a limit of how much I can handle. If I can think I can handle more or more people want to help me join, I can think about unlocking more countries.

9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I be a hermit living a secluded life on a mountain (say somewhere near Morth Watch :hmm:) or is that against the rules :blobunsure:?

10. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure. I don't mind.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  11. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    <.< Dont worry not going dragons or demons or something.

I am thinking of going for a summon mage setup but more focused on the "day to day life thingy" then "fighting".
    Just saying but I just watched the whole pokemon generations plus done a monotype run of black sooooo I guess I am feeling quite a bit inspired to say the least >.>

12. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing you need to be careful is this is a country focus in art. The only kind of hermit that make sense is one that want live in the nature to improve the art he make. Not combat arts. :blobneutral:

13. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Like sculptures, paintings and music? well what if the art I pursue in this secluded life is the kind that can imbue such art with magic like giving them life and can make them powerful magic tools? :hmm:

14. Rival

Rival Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you said Aura Field could have properties that could be imbued into weapons, but do the properties have physical effects that can be seen and used as a weapon? Say my aura field had the property of lightning. When my aura field is in use, would there be lightning effects around me, or would I move faster or something like that?

15. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems your avi is influencing you quite a bit

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  16. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    The density of mana is enough to keep 1 intermediate level summoned creature (have combat abilities) active or 3 apprentice level summoned creatures (doesn't have any combat abilities) active. 10 novice level summoned creatures(cannot do anything, they only useful for a bit of light, heat, cold, wind or anything that require only their presence) is fine too.
    You can but the density of mana isn't much, so your creations will not be anything more than uncommon level. You can wait until unlock a country with more mana density, but I'm going to warn you that if you try to screw people with your powerful magic tools, people will screw you with even more powerful magic tools.

17. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Nivalis d'Uro
    Race: Human
    School of Thought: Warrior
    Appearance:
    Pixiv.Fantasia.full.1176358.jpg
    Skills:
    > Good at beating up stuff and studying (somehow)
    Inventory:
    > A pair of gauntlets
    > Enough money to last a month
    Background:
    Exiled noble & fourth child, Nivalis d'Uro always has been using his fists to fight, struggle against the people who provoked troubles to him. Despite his violent demeanour, his mind was ceaselessly focused on books and everything he has read. Unfortunately, his impulsive attitude always led him to be misunderstood by the people around him.

At some point, his family did not have the choice but to chase him out of their land. As him being nearby brought more troubles than he is worth. In the end, he somehow ended up arriving at Brevama.

I hope that's enough~

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Way and SpearOfLies like this.
  18. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    They can be seen and used as weapon. The only real limitation is you don't have any range attack. You can learn a bit of ranger abilities with the gun or mage spell to compensate (but you also going to take their con).

That depend how you want to develop it. Just keep in mind that stronger the effect it's and the bigger it's the burden on your body. Lighting effect to stun your enemies briefly is less burdensome for the body that trying to enchant your body with lightning to move faster. As main Aura User, you are already faster than average people. Enchanting more is very stressful for the body.

19. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand the last part. The rest is fine.

Lucenia is the name of the country. I added a map in the thread if you want to check for the cities.

Naraku likes this.
  20. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooops my bad, forgot to remove & add some parts, just edited, hope that's clear enough~
    Oooooh, nice, nice~

SpearOfLies likes this.