Discussion Wuxiaworld D**k Move With The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by flowingcloud, Sep 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mod edit: Translator's response: https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/5228165/
    Original post below

Someone told me that The Novel's Extra ended, so I decided to finish The Novel's Extra, but...

GOOD F*CKING JOB WUXIAWORLD

I thought you guys were the anti greed site that opposed Qidian and Webnovel, but I guess you guys joined the crew as well.

Ads that's fine. I understand you need to make a living too. Patreon for advance chapters, I can totally understand that. You're not translating for free. Making a damn account to read, I can take 1 minute of my life to make a free account.

Delaying releases on purpose the moment the author announces the novel is ending, now that's just a dick move.

Don't get me wrong, you're not "wrong" for trying to milk out our money and wanting us to get WW VIP, but you should just merge with Qidian if you're going to start acting like a dick too. I don't know if this was a decision made by the platform or the translator individually, but you sure know how to be an asshole for delaying releases like this. Go find another novel to translate and be more productive than trying to think of schemes on how to take our cash.

This is just my opinion and there'll be people who hate on me, but honestly this type of move violates my own translator ethnics and I would never pull this type of move on my readers. I'm just expressing my distaste on this sort of action and I hope other translators don't copy such shameless actions.

If you happen to read this, please release the rest of the paywalled chapters at least with your former pre-delayed release rate.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2019
  2. mistvenom

mistvenom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many people expressing their dissatisfaction on this one.
    I really hope the translator tell us why they still hold the chapters.

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    huh? how do you know that?
    I current not read any story on WW so I have no idea what happen there

anyway
    raccoon bread.jpg

Arash1 likes this.
  4. Rhypnic

Rhypnic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here am i searching for good novel:blobpopcorn_cool:

5. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regardless if the reader is a leecher or a paying user.

Delaying releases like that for the sole purpose of milking money is not only a dick move but should be illegal.

Because in the first place, you're just translating someone else's work. Now youre exploiting someone's work to make more money.

I think the blame should go on the translator rather than the platform. That's like cursing youtube because users posted pedo videos.

Unless the author of the novel itself gave blessing to the translator to do this, even then, that's still a dick move.

It's really doubtful for the author to do this because if the author wanted to make money, he could simply publish said novel or release it on amazon as a epub like IET did with Coiling Dragon and that's completely fair because its honest and upfront.

There are simply more ways for the author to make money out of their work than do it this underhandedly so i'm pretty confident this is simply a case of a grease ball translator, i've seen plenty of them on qidian.

Ghost_Spawn, Inraviel and TianKrea like this.
  6. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    traced 6 hours ago
    It is NOT completed. The author is still releasing chapters. Novelupdates has said it's been completed for like 5 chapters. Here were the last releases: 19.09.20 19.09.17 19.09.05 19.09.03

Look on Munpia yourself, where the novel is actually being released.

Here is an update from the author 10 hours ago:죄송합니다! 몸상태가 너무 좋지 않아 연재가 지연됩니다... 내일까지는 연재가 될겁니다!

which says something like he's delaying the NEXT release by a day

Chapter 378(377 for us) translates to: Epilogue (2), Their Story [Part 1]. Amazing that he ended the story on Part 1.

Stop spreading false information.

from comment in chapter 365

7. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    mm38910 and DocB like this.
  8. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @FudgeNouget

The author was the one who is delaying the final chapters though. WW, more aptly the translator, didn't do anything new, he did what all other patreon/advance chap model translators do. He didn't hold back on his own, the author stopped so he stopped. Now you may make the point, that he should've continued without giving consideration to the author stopping. But won't that make the advance chap system redundant, when sponsors aren't getting a chap but normal free users do.
    You don't see Rainbowturtle or Alyschu or other tls close to author stop sponsoring. It is a system, not without faults, that most tls use. The tl didn't know that the author would just stop before the last two chaps, he continued as his model would.

Edit - The author initially said a two-part epilogue would release and end the story soon, but after a few days he only releases one, as some guy above me said.
    edit 2-
    LATEST ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE NOVEL'S MUNPIA PAGE translated by chrome.
    [​IMG]
    pic host

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Mookey likes this.
  9. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    i do believe that novel extra is a lincesed novel, so WW is paying the author/munpia to be the ones translating

10. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an announcement about this in wuxiaworld forum about how a translator got benefit from a fully translated novel in their forum from a few months ago, read that first please

Mookey and The loner like this.
  11. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    What's happened?

12. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I am guessing that this side of the story hasn't been publicized enough to let everyone know of it.

Mookey likes this.
  13. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No the translator is actively communicating and informing the readers. But the people who don't want to know or listen don't care.

14. yoshinere

yoshinere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its still incomplete, the stroy its self is complete, but translator waiting the extra chap, blame author for long release

Mookey likes this.
  15. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My original point was that the OP said/implied the translator was exploiting the novel.

That's why we have terms in contracts because even if you have legal license on said work, if you breached a term by exploiting it then you can still be held responsible legally.

My point basically is that even if you have a license, it doesn't mean you own the novel itself to do whatever you want with it. Unless ofcourse the license agreement is lax to the point that the distributor can do whatever he/she pleases with it. Although not illegal, still a dick move. Morally illegal.

That was my point of view on this one. I don't know the details and as stated above by someone else, it was the author who delayed the chapters.

I went into this discussion with an intent to protect WW as a platform so i didn't care enough for the translator and author and just took them at face value. I don't read said novel so i don't know about it, nor its author and its translator.

I do admit i was biased, in defending WW i threw all the blame on the most likely culprit which is the translator.

EDIT: Regardless of the he or she says, i think this post itself is a good one. Because it brings to light some translators(this one or not) who milks more money out of paying users by dragging releases. I've seen these on qidian before it's paywall, even now there are still translators who are holding onto popular works with no semblance of a fixed release schedule but releases erratically just so he/she can hold the legal/moral rights to translating that novel.

16. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    In the end, blame the guy that edit the novel status to Completed in NU and that somehow let's the OP to be freaking out and gone mad.

17. ddadain

ddadain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First: Ingrate
    Second: Choosing Beggar
    Third: Please think before speaking.

1.) Release schedule depends ENTIRELY on the translator and the site. You don't get to bitch about that if you're getting it for free.

2.) It is not unprecedented to "delay" chapters if:
    A.) the original author didn't end it as he/she wanted it because of corporate pressure/scheduling/etc. --> English release gets the "intended" ending
    B.) Contract agreement
    C.) Merchandising and bulk releasing in book format for the completed novel.
    D.) Other reasons.
    ALL of which you ain't got nothing to do with.

3.) Spouting shit without any evidence (where'd you hear it from, who said what, etc.) is TOTALLY AGAINST MORAL ETHICS. Your argument seems to lay in some "moral high ground" you think you have, but you don't. Go shit somewhere else because your "shameless" grandstanding is offending my eyes. Shoo Shoo.

18. eklok14

eklok14 Lvl 20 Corporate Slave

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that why the releases slowed a lot recently? I thought the TL just caught up or went on hiatus. Guess I should really read the announcements.
    Got nothing against the delay though, would still read the chapters when they get out

19. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    What a sugestive title of a thread..
    Is such title allowed here in NU?
    Smfh

20. Har D Rai

Har D Rai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poster you must be feeling really stupid now.right . Spouting all that without knowing all facts.

Vigdust, SilverJoker and The loner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.