LCD X – Epoch of the Dragon

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by metazoxan, Dec 4, 2017.

1. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Felt like creating this as this seems like an interesting series with a lot of potential.

Kind of feels like Tales of Demons and Gods except a bit faster paced and the author actually bothered to finish it

2. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    The author wrote Close Combat Mage.
    Fuck this shit, I'll never read it.

User01, Trent and Viola like this.
  3. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    i read its manhua
    Do anyone feel wanna punch MC face!!!
    He reincarnated twice but he act like idiot! did reincarnate make one lose some of their IQ

is it different in WN?

4. MeoWoe

MeoWoe [Altair] [Exqúisite]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha ha ha ha . . . . Huh?

5. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously?! Crap...now I'm worried.

6. metazoxan

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't seem that dumb. yeah he acted sort of goofy but most Mahua are like that because for some reason the people that adapt Chinese WN to Manhua form think they need to be written for 10 year olds....
    Which is why I'm trying to judge the series more for it's general plot structure and how it's setting looks rather than the tone of the Mahua which is almost definitely NOTHING like the actual novel.

Besides as far as the MC's intelligence goes the only dumb things he's done was let the two girls die (which was apparently because he unintentionally caused the other boys to go crazy earlier) and leaving his girl alone a bit too much but since he was apparently never in a real relationship before I'll just assume he's not used to women outside of casually hitting on random girls.
    But it has two OTHER authors as well apparently and the one for CCM apparently only did that before. So it's not like this is only his work or that he has a long history of bad novels. Meaning this novel still has a chance to be good if the author of CCM learned from his past failure.

User01 likes this.
  7. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    well! the first impression is important and manhua ruined it for me

8. metazoxan

Reading List:
    Link
    NEVER EVER use a manhua for first impressions.

No seriously just as an example ever heard of the web novel coiling dragon? Great piece of work overall. But the Manhua? The MC is changed from a smart but naive kid who dreams big but generally knows his limits into a dumbass that literally runs into a battlefield and nearly dies. Also his old and wise "grandfather" who is a spirit in a ring that serves as his mentor? Turned into a sexy young woman bith big breats. Also it's filled with goofy expressions and crappy jokes.

So yeah the ONLY thing you should ever take from a manhua is general stuff about the plot, setting, and direction because the tone, characters, and anything beyond the synopsis are generally really different. Even with "tales of demons and gods" which is relatively faithful changes the tone and some key details rather heavily.

User01 and Nyamsus like this.
  9. Freddyb092

Freddyb092 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it a harem novel??? Does he have one or many wives