Recommendations Xianxia with Female Protagonist

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Nom de Plume, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a few other reincarnation-type stories set in ancient China that have a strong female protagonist. Not sure to what extent they can be considered xianxia, though, rather than historical-fantasy-romance:

- The rebirth of the deceased consort that astounded the world
    - Mei gongqing (The Bewitching Courtier)

As for strong female cultivator characters in xianxia in general, even if they are not the MC, generally the works of Tang Jia San Shao are the best for those:
    - Doulou Dalu
    - Shen Yin Wang Zuo
    - Heavenly Jewel Change

Nom de Plume likes this.
  2. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps people can ask translators to search for the elusive Xianxia cultivation story with a female lead if they're taking a side project or a new one.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  3. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, I secretly(?) read chinese romance more than chinese xianxia. Your recommendation I will seriously read and pursue. Thank you :D

4. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Wahh... Meow Meow Meow always sends me to tears when I read it. Miao Miao is such a great character!

Nom de Plume likes this.
  5. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    You searched for female protagonist I did female lead. I wanted to do female mc but that isn't even a tag apparently. Someone made a complaint about the variety of tags at one point but stuff like this really makes it clear there is a need to moderate them a bit.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  6. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    There might be a niche for that now that My Disciple has Died Yet Again is becoming more popular. I won't bug them yet though. What would you want in a Xianxia story if it had a female protagonist?

I hope for a Xianxia with a severely underestimated character who practices an art that is undervalued / unknown that is suited to them as a female, and then they turn the world upside down eventually reaching for ascension. I want a XIanxia, but so far have found comedy romance and/ or drama which happen to have cultivation...

compass96 likes this.
  7. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    I discovered 15+ varieties of female lead and felt a bit o_O At the very least I wish "arrogant female lead" would be "arrogant lead" and "female lead"

Kagumo and sal880612m like this.
  8. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Disciple is more of a parody of the Xianxia troupes... But still, I am always for more female orientated Xianxia to be translated.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  9. Senevri

Senevri Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might want to include xuanhuan in your search, as xianxia and xuanhuan aren't that much different in terms of cultivation.

There's The Mighty Female Immortal, but the translation stuck at ch11.

michoux likes this.
  12. timelessummer

timelessummer New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are two famous (most popular)completed Xianxia novels with female MC, 《仙本纯良》(Xian Ben Chun Liang )and《慢慢仙途》(Man Man Xian Tu), both of them focus on MC's legendary journey with little romantic plot(like female MC version ISSTH). The MC (called Jin Fei Yao)of Xian Ben Chun Liang is a controversial character with complicated personality, which is very interesting. Jin Fei Yao is very selfish(she treats friends who is kind to her though),
    hypocritical,aggressive, heartless, and cunning person, but she is also funny, smart, mischievous(kinda cute sometimes), mature(a hard core realistic), and extremely optimistic with ambition to become stronger. As a person who will do anything to get strong, she would be a villain if she is in other books. A lot of people who love this book due to the interesting and hilarious plots dislike the MC(some reader find she is amazing and love her though).

They are great novels, I wish someone can translate them in the future.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    compass96 and michoux like this.
  13. estevam

estevam Active Member

Reading List:
    Link