Yo is One Plus 5t any good?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by MostlyBlue, Jan 13, 2018.

1. MostlyBlue

MostlyBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it worth getting? Heard that it's got battery issues, that true?

2. Black_Cat

Black_Cat 『The Cat That Leapt Through Time』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a really good phone that has the specs of the latest flagships and it has been tested to last an entire day of use. For its price tag you're not going to get a better phone. However I will say that the Oneplus 6 is due for release in a month or 2 so if you can I would suggest that you wait to see what it offers.

3. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't really say. I haven't had a chance to handle one yet.

I work with an insurance company as a Quality Assurance Operative (my official title is different, but this is the area I actually work in as compared to my contracts title) and I handle android phones of all types on a daily basis. I can tell you the 3T is pretty good, fast operating and holds a long battery life while charging fast, it is also very smooth on its own so if you have a weak grip or little friction on your fingers it slips easy, so you may wish to put a case on it for better traction.

The 5 (basically the same phone as 5t with smaller screen and home button/finger scanner on the front) is like a more modern version that performs very swiftly. I have only handled a few but I would honestly promote them as much as I would the 3T. If you do end up having issues, go back to where you purchased it and mention the faults and you are likely to be able to have it fixed or replaced under the inherent warranty period.

comparing the specs you will end up finding that naturally, besides its appearance there will be few further changes, as excess features are often not include in 1+ phones to keep the price down. I would also agree that you are better off waiting to see if any new phones are genuinely scheduled for release and compare the specs and prices to the 5T before making a purchase.

edit: I got the OnePlus 2 back in Uni and was rather amazed to find out there was actually 1 more person on the campus with the same phone. the OnePlus brand is still rather exclusive in the sense that production is low compared to more established companies and that a new reveal could sell out in mere hours (the small storage ones surprisingly almost instantly for those with tight budgets). the New "OnePlus 6" (tentative name) is planned to possibly be released all over the US by phone carriers so it will be much more mainstream.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  4. MostlyBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's against the galaxy s8 plus then?
    Can't really wait, but I got one last question, compared to the Samsung galaxy 8 plus, which one comes on top? Can't really tell when I googled it

5. Myriadfold

Reading List:
    Link
    personally I would go for the 5T against the S8/S8+/N8 series. just because I like better deals while still getting high quality goods. also my mom had the S8/S8+ as her new phone and the screen cracked in no time because of a bit of pressure when a security guard but a suitcase on her phone as it went through the xray device. she also drops the thing constantly because the glass finish makes friction so non-existent you are forced to put a grip cover on it lest you have slightly wet hands, shake your wrist and see it sent flying across the room.

as for performance, they are of negligible difference in my tests. set-up and start-up feels less tedious in the Oneplus phones as well.

MostlyBlue likes this.
  6. MostlyBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

7. Linley

Linley 【Linlin】【The Love Doctor】【NUF Nicknamer】

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a S8+ and its pretty good. Bixby is useless though, and you always accidentally hit the button. It's definitely the best phone I've had, and I've gone through quite a few. If you get a S8 or S8+, i recommend getting an Otterbox case, because dropping it and cracking the screen can be much more expensive to fix than it looks

MostlyBlue likes this.
  8. MostlyBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I'll be checking that one out, anywho, thank you for your help.

9. Linley

Linley 【Linlin】【The Love Doctor】【NUF Nicknamer】

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, no problem. I'm pretty sure you can also remap Bixby now too, so you can eliminate his uselessness lol

10. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't owned one, but I have heard very good things about the One Plus brand and the 5t specifically. Considered buying one myself, but the price was still too high for me and I went for something more budget.

11. rustedge

rustedge Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im using a 5t now.so far a got no problem with it.can handle all the game i play.pretty smooth,no lagging at all.battery is not an issue because you have a dash charger,you can get about 60% in 20-30min.and i love the parallel app,which mean you can put 2 social media acc at the same time.it also has a night time mode which helps alot in reading at night.

If you have to have all the top spec and have the bucks for it go for the S8+.but if your on a tight budget go for the 5t.aside from the water proof rating it won't lose to the other flagship phone.

12. Myriadfold

Reading List:
    Link
    its cool to hear the s8 uses otterbox cases too, that's the only official oneplus case when you buy direct from them :p is very reliable even just the version for #2.

I need a new phone AND a new laptop(or laptop replacement alternative, like tablets etc but not a notebook) and keeping my eyes peeled to compare the 5 and 5t to the newest version coming around June.

13. gggo

gggo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, it's really high spec and could easily compete with other flagship smartphone products. I got an invite link back then but I already bought the new iphone a few months earlier so I gave it to my officemate instead. His only gripe with the first model is its battery life, but I think they've already worked on this issue in the latest model.
    If you have the opportunity to buy one and you've outgrown/over-used your old phone, then feel free to buy it.

EternalLuna likes this.
  14. EternalLuna

EternalLuna Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's good dude

15. EternalLuna

EternalLuna Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed