Chinese You Seem to Be Drawing Me (你好像在画我)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by aShinyVaporeon, Apr 5, 2022.

1. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TLed Name: You Seem to Be Drawing Me
    or maybe "Seems Like You're Drawing Me"?
    Raw Name: 你好像在画我
    Author: 腊七小雪 (La Qi Xiao Xue)
    Raw Link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2844055
    NU Link: N/A
    Some Tags/Genres: Xuanhuan/Qihuan, Cultivation, Female protagonist, Modern, Demons, Gender Bender (female disguised as male)

Why It Should Get Picked Up: *sigh* I know now is not the best time to be picking up signed jjwxc novels, but this one is just really interesting.
    It's a completed 400-chapter eastern fantasy novel with a female MC pretending to be a dude. It was finished in 2018, and each chapter is 3000-4500 Chinese characters long. Based on how it is so far, it's relatively easier to translate compared to other xuanhuan/xianxia/cultivation, since you don't need a giant glossary to keep track of all the cultivation materials, and the author does not use a million idioms.
    It's 无CP (no romance).
    Also, the MC's name is Yuan Yuanyuan (原圆圆) xD

Description:
    The tale of a demon and a comic (manhua).
    Yuan Yuanyuan is an accidentally formed half-demon.* As a half-demon who was originally a human, she places importance on abiding by the law and concealing her identity.
    However, her peaceful life ended on that night—that day, after disguising herself, she rescued a person from a monster.
    A week after returning home, Yuan Yuanyuan flipped through one of her recent favorite comics, and found that it seemed to feature a familiar plot.
    A black-haired male demon... rescued a person from a demon...
    The male demon has a handsome face, spectacular skills, and a mysterious background. He quickly became a popular character. Yuan Yuanyuan stared at the new issue of the comic with a confused face, quietly eating potato chips and pretending to be dead.
    She found a pattern—everything she's done since that night has a high chance of appearing in this comic.
    In fact, things that happen in the comic actually happened in reality. Now it seems Yuan Yuanyuan needs to work hard to hide her identity so that she can live safely.
    Gradually, some people in the 3D world who were interested in mystery found something wrong. They discovered some of the comic's workings, and then began to look for these characters from the "2D world" in the 3D world.

One-sentence summary: How to act as a tragic supporting male lead that's based on yourself

*the original said 原圆圆是个后天意外成形的半妖, which makes it sound like Yuanyuan became a half-demon the day after tomorrow.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    TerranImperium and seemanta like this.
  2. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems interesting! Also I love no CP.

3. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the cover does not want to exist on the original post, I'm going to try again on another one:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: