Discussion Your general opinion about killing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by false, Mar 9, 2016.

?

Pick all the things you agree with.

1. Killing is wrong on all aspect. There must be a better solution.

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. It's only natural to kill if there's a danger to your life.

69 vote(s)
    50.4%
  3. Less killing is a good thing.

37 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. If there is a solution without killing, then killing is wrong.

43 vote(s)
    31.4%
  5. If the ^solution has demerits, killing is justified.

21 vote(s)
    15.3%
  6. There are ways in which killing could be justified.

48 vote(s)
    35.0%
  7. I don’t care. Killing happens everywhere, a few more doesn't really mean anything.

26 vote(s)
    19.0%
  8. I would kill if there's a benefit to me.

26 vote(s)
    19.0%
  9. Human scum should all be killed, but only if I’m completely sure he’s beyond redemption.

41 vote(s)
    29.9%
  10. If a person seems like a scum, kill him before bad things happen.

20 vote(s)
    14.6%
  11. More killing is a good thing.

19 vote(s)
    13.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. false

false Today is always the best day ever~

Reading List:
    Link
    Not about killing animals or plants of course. I mean killing as in 'killing intelligent life'.

I'd like to put in more options in the poll, but that would make the list really long. You can discuss about why you agree with what option, make a hypothetical scenario where you would agree to killing, make a hypothetical scenario where you're on the verge to agree to killing, explain what 'benefit' or 'demerit' that was mentioned in the options above if you agree with it etc.

2. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    It's good for business

Astaroth, Arcturus, Aszure and 9 others like this.
  3. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts on killing are quite simple. If someone truly is scum, then I see very little issue with it. But I also believe that if one has room for growth, they should be spared. Only the truly strong can spare those that will one day grow and re-challenge them. A life does not have to be taken, unless they are the type who would take their revenge on those who are innocent. If my strength falters one day and they manage to take revenge, then at that time it will be their choice to do the same.

4. eklok14

eklok14 Lvl 20 Corporate Slave

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I think it's fun. But it's really something that you have to try first to enjoy.

5. Jyakai

Jyakai [RIP] Last seen on 10/6

Reading List:
    Link
    Surprised this thread won't get locked....
    I would say killing is unnecessary and futile. So I'm voting there should be better solution than killing. It will simply lead to more. #WORLDPEACE

TUSF likes this.
  6. Detrolord

Detrolord Regular Pervert Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We must kill all Martians before we colonies mars

7. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    In real life, killing will be always the last option for me and don't give me any nonsense about what if your sister or mother was a victim of rape, my answer will be the same killing is the last option.

It always best to deescalate the situation through talk.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  8. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So long as no one's advocating murder or flaming, we good.

Shio likes this.
  9. Crazyh3

Crazyh3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novelty likes this.
  10. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh we as long as it's not a genocide or something big like that and the person is a scum *shrugs*

"But Saitama how could you say that all lives are precious even those who's have sin"

Good point now I'll go back to sleep knowing there's one less scum out there in the world

"Did he just say he killed someone"

No I was just implying that I'm a scum for not caring about everyone's lives especially those wicked ones but at least I'm up front about it

"Doesn't make you any less scummy"

Right cause me not caring about the death/murder of a serial killer or something along those lines is the same as being a serial killer!

Darkanlan likes this.
  11. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link

(Sorry OP, I don't mean to derail, I just can't help myself. And before someone gets upset, the video is satire.)

TUSF, Novelty and Wowafay like this.
  12. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I havent kill before and I dont know what impact of killing a human being do to the mind and concience. I honestly believe these novel about MC killing people are also made from people that never killed so they instantly skip the psychological burden. I would not like to find out, but it would be interesting to find out things from their point of view I guess.. let alone killing humans, we prolly would have fears toward killing cats, dogs and monkeys.. even though theres benefit and reasons, I dont think killing is worth it because it binds the concience.. unless Im forced to a condition that I am cornered and absolutely have to, with the mental preperation to let go of my peace of mind and risking my life, only then maybe I would gather up courage to kill.

Vesperius likes this.
  13. DeadlyBell

DeadlyBell Sleepy

Reading List:
    Link
    if its in real life I would only kill if another life was wrongfully at risk and I was in a position to change that or if myself or my friends or family are threatened in a way that would warrant me acting in such a manner . or if I found out someone i care about {friends family lover ect} was raped or killed I would most likely find the person in question then kill them.

------------

If it was in a novel
    or
    if it was in the past back when there was still kingdoms etc

then yes I would kill slavers,bandits,rapists etc without remorse

-------------

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.cheatsheet.com/business/could-we-run-out-of-food-the-food-supply-in-2050.html/?a=viewall
    This article suggests otherwise. It is why some people resort to wars or civil wars as a way to manage population explosion. People accuse Illuminati and Freemasons of doing this, but the fact stands, we will likely run out of food if people only die of natural death.

In my opinion, indiscriminate killing is bad, though it doesn't bother me, because I'm a sociopath, you see. I don't feel pain or guilt. However, I was raised with good values and believe wholeheartedly that you shouldn't harm people just because you can. There are cases where vigilante justice is the best way or even the only way to proceed. As a whole though, I disapprove of indiscriminate killing. A person must first be judged for crimes performed, instead of killing said person simply because he's planning on doing it.

Risus and false like this.
  15. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter whatt, killing isn't good
    But depending on the circumstances, killing isn't wrong either!!

16. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna say yeah, give the death penalty to murderers and such, but at the same time I feel like it's just an easy way out. All the pain and suffering such people cause only to get a quick painless death.

What really pisses me off is that some criminals have a better life in jail then they did going in. A balanced nutritional diet, a clean bed to sleep on, exercise/sport equipment, etc. How is this punishment? Can't wait for time dilation drugs or VR to be applied to jail time. Let them suffer for an eternity in their own minds.

That being said, I recently read an article about the teenage brain where the gist of it was they make decisions based on emotion and not logic. Teenagers literally cannot think properly about the decisions they make, so how can they be held responsible for the actions they take? Lawyers used this in the US to abolish the juvenile death penalty in something like 2006? I dunno it was within 10 years or so ago of now.

Anyway, I'd probably kill in self-defense. I don't have confidence in my own strength, so if I believe there's a significant danger to my life I won't hold back and try for a killing blow when I feel an opening. Even if they somehow become unconscious. Unless there's something immediately handy to restrain them with I'd either permanently cripple them or finish them off. I've seen too many movies where the attacker gets back up.

17. Crazyh3

Crazyh3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

This video attacks the American government (of the 1970/80s)

18. madsloth

madsloth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    grandma said this "fuck them before they fuck you"

The Darkness likes this.
  19. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    one thing for sure, If you killing someone then be prepare to be killed in other time
    well since preparedness to kill or killed by someone kinda different from preparedness facing death itself
    i don't know i will able to kill some even in cornered situation

as side note even after 3 time facing near death situation by accident i still can't help myself to shudder when remembering them (one of tehm kinda idiotic thought)

20. cinabre

cinabre ♭♬ ♪ ♮♫ # ♩♭ ♪ ♮♫ #♩♭ ♬ ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    No killing. We're humans, not animals. There must be another way.