Discussion Your general opinion about killing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by false, Mar 9, 2016.

?

Pick all the things you agree with.

1. Killing is wrong on all aspect. There must be a better solution.

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. It's only natural to kill if there's a danger to your life.

69 vote(s)
    50.4%
  3. Less killing is a good thing.

37 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. If there is a solution without killing, then killing is wrong.

43 vote(s)
    31.4%
  5. If the ^solution has demerits, killing is justified.

21 vote(s)
    15.3%
  6. There are ways in which killing could be justified.

48 vote(s)
    35.0%
  7. I don’t care. Killing happens everywhere, a few more doesn't really mean anything.

26 vote(s)
    19.0%
  8. I would kill if there's a benefit to me.

26 vote(s)
    19.0%
  9. Human scum should all be killed, but only if I’m completely sure he’s beyond redemption.

41 vote(s)
    29.9%
  10. If a person seems like a scum, kill him before bad things happen.

20 vote(s)
    14.6%
  11. More killing is a good thing.

19 vote(s)
    13.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rumanshi

Rumanshi 『Demon Lord』『ルマンし』

Reading List:
    Link
    My generation is allegedly apathetic, so why does it matter?

2. false

false Today is always the best day ever~

Reading List:
    Link
    This has been an interesting discussion :)

Well you see, not long ago, my opinion was heavily weighted on "I don’t care. Killing happens everywhere, a few more doesn't really mean anything." and now it had shifted into the "Less killing is a good thing." (I'm cheering for you behind the screen!). This was simply because of the realization that human is just built this way, maybe it's just natural for killing to happen everywhere, but it's more natural for us to try to maintain our survival. That's just the sort of nature we have. It's the sort of nature that belongs to a race not extinct.

This has a lot to do with why I made the thread btw, lol.

3. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing isn't a pleasant thing in my mind. But I do think there'll always be times where it is necessary.

Like it or not, that's what the world is like in my opinion. In the environment of kill or be killed. I would choose the former rather than latter, and I think that applies to everyone. It's not something to be ashamed about, so I think people should make excuses for taking that choice. That's why animals > humans.

4. Darkanlan

Darkanlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed quite a few people of the philosophy of hurt or maim instead of kill in self defense, it's unfortunate but that line of thinking will make you suffer for the rest of your life, as you'll likely get sued afterwards and end up paying for that choice until the day that person dies. In this world, if you fight back and the person is injured, you get sued, if you fight back and kill the person, you get called a hero, unless you don't kill them in the first few hits, then they call you a murderer. Current state of the world is like a boy in a bubble, most people don't see the darker side of it and refuse to acknowledge that killing isn't a bad thing depending on when and to whom it's applied. Wars are waged for resources, land, or political / religious reasons, other side is to dwindle down numbers so less mouths to feed and less people to have to pay. We live in a world surrounded by death, from the moment you're born, you're already one foot in the grave on a steady ride towards death. So thinking it's best to avoid sending others there early is just a wasted sentiment, we all end up there anyway, what's a little faster for those who deserve to clock out early. I still think it'd be good to just get rid of the scum and use their lives to grant life to others, many people die everyday while waiting on organs, may as well use the scum to let them live. Mainly caught on that topic after seeing the other day, one of the guys behind a lot of the science behind transplants died the other day while himself waiting to get one, because he was older so a lower priority to get one. If we killed all the trash in our prison system, am sure that guy could have lived longer and continued teaching future doctors to ensure a better future for mankind, unfortunately that's not how our system works and brilliant minds die while we pay taxes to keep murderers living in a place where the more you've killed, the more you're respected. Even homeless people commit crimes to get locked up nowadays so they can get free meal and board. We live in a truly messed up time where forgiving people allows the worst of humanity to live while the rest of us pay for it.

Risus and Asf like this.
  5. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I guess my opinion is the same you had before. No, well, similar. I don't really care about killing. People die and will always die. They will either die of old age, illness, accident or murder so the end result will always be the same no matter what, therefore I don't care if people in general die.

If someone I cared about was threated, going to get killed or even got killed then at least in my mind I would murder the bastard's family and friends. I doubt I would be able to do what I would, I guess, like to do, because the only things I have killed have been insects and small ones at that. If I found the goliath birdeater (a huge spider with, according to wikipedia, legs 28 cm long) I would feel bad or maybe I would feel disgusted killing it... but idk if I can say it was because of movies, anime and entertainment in general, that I find the killing of humans less wrong than the killing of animals. I would lean more on letting an animal live than letting someone live if I was in a situation where I had to violently defend myself to survive. I mean, if an animal attacked me and I could stop it by Idk hitting it, then I would do so. If I really had to kill it then I would also do it but if you do the same with a person and then that person gets convicted for so many years but they don't repet for what they did to you they could come back to kill you after all those years... sure it depends but at least with the animal you can simply avoid going to that forest or whatever place, with a person if you stayed in the same city, stuff could happen (yeah, maybe I watched to many shows like that).

Still, sometimes I think I would be able to kill and sometimes I think I wouldn't be able to...

In general I guess I really don't care about killing unless it directly affects me, but I don't think killing is enterely wrong. Of course, I'm not pro killing, because in my opinion, like someone already said and actually I remember Lelouch said it, people that kill should be prepared to get killed and I don't want to get killed. I wouldn't want to be in a place where people would kill everyone they didn't like or simply anyone just because they wanted to kill someone... unless I had the ability to "smell" or maybe feel when someone wanted to kill me and had the ability to fight back/escape intact, I would die a thousand times in such a world... so no, thank you.

But yeah, another person said it already, but killing as any other thing, action, etc is deemed right or wrong depending on the context, the person looking at the situation, the people involved in the situation and then the people that heard about the event. Killing should be avoided, but sometimes killing is the best option. There have been dozens of times where in a novel, anime, tv show people were fighting and you see that either the protagonist or his friends could kill the enemy and be done with it, but they want to capture him, make him submit, convert him, talk to him, eye rape him, etc... and that pisses me off. Kill the bastard or shoot him on the legs and arms so he can't move or kill him but don't let the bastard run away...

And something I read that made me think about life in general. For you or anything to live, hundreds of other beings have to die... so in the end killing is just another part of life, another part of the world, so I really don't care about it.

^^ this is too true. Whenever I picture myself in a situation where I get robbed and I retaliate and in the end to be sure the robber won't harm me anymore I break that person's arms and/or legs I then think... could I get sued because I used too much force? It's kind of sad that if you kill in self defense you can get away with it with little to no repercussions but if you use too much force and the person keeps living then you are fucked... still, when you think about, it's similar to torture and death. Torture is worst, so using too much force but not killing is bad...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  6. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah..more like kill a lunatic...

7. Shiki Shiori

Shiki Shiori All according to keikaku...

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... unless it is kill or be killed situation, I do hate senseless killing.
    But yeah, if there is a threat (for example robbery), I think it is justified for the victim to kill the assailant.

8. billid

billid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i would torture to death the rapists,murderers and all the scums of the society no matter what was right or wrong cause there is only my right in here so......

9. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing is bad! You should just chomp them! I mean.. there are better ways to solve problems~ XD

Slimikyi likes this.
  10. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    life is a trap

if I kill someone, I'm making a favour to him

11. Evil

Evil Twisted Mirror

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure Killing is fun, but making people suffer is better. Kill only when you are bored with your toy.

12. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree and disagree with you. I do not think it is justified for the victim to kill the assailant without an actual threat of permanent harm or death. And in your specific example that is generally not the case. Many thieves want nothing to do with actual violence, ala The Heat with De Niro. It is often quite easy to scare them off.

Astaroth and Nimbus like this.
  13. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    But are you always going to take that risk? Naturally if you can subdue the assailant then there is most likely no reason to go the extra mile afterwards when there isn't any threat anymore, but that isn't always the case.

14. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Um no. Generally I wont try to fight a thief. If the thief pulls a weapon, I'll let him take my shit, cuz it's not worth that much. If I cant scare him off or simply ward him off by actively paying attention, then it isn't worth it. Insurance exists for a reason and I feel no reason to risk my life.

15. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
    Kill by necessity, not by want. Simple as that for me.

If you're killing simply 'cause you want to then you're in the wrong, this should be obvious, but if you, your loved ones, or even some random pleb on the street is being truly threatened, then operate as needed, even if you have to kill.

16. Shiki Shiori

Shiki Shiori All according to keikaku...

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? thief and robber is different, right? I mean those people who sneak off inside of someone home at night, carrying weapon in hand, then wake up the victim to tell him/her to shove their precious things to the robber's inventory. Or do I mistake the meaning of robber?

17. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I guess from a legal standpoint they are separated in such a manner where fear or threat is necessarily used in the theft. Though in general usage, they are almost interchangeable.

18. admira

admira Dino Pirate

Reading List:
    Link
    Fewer trolls than I expected, huh. "Less killing is good..." Especially since it's important to note that killing is not illegal in of itself, even if it is morally frowned upon. It's murder that's illegal; so depending on the circumstances, it's permissible by law.

But, I consider what is legal/illegal to be more important than right/wrong in many cases.