Picked Up Your Majesty, Please Don’t Kill Me Again

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by yaywww, Dec 23, 2021.

1. yaywww

yaywww Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Covers:
    [​IMG]

Name:
    폐하또죽이진말아주세요 // Your Majesty, Please Don’t Kill Me Again // Official Tappytoon (manhwa) title: Your Majesty, Please Spare Me

Raw Links:
    NU link (novel): None exists, but here's the manhwa one: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/your-majesty-please-dont-kill-me-again-폐하-또-죽이진-말아주세요.113895/

Notes:
    • On kakaopage, there are 234 main story chapters, 11 side stories, and 8 special side stories.
    • Chapters 1-234 are compiled into 6 novels, with the 11 side stories being re-named as the epilogue of volume 6. These novels can be bought on Googleplay or Ridibooks
    • The 8 special side stories (the cover is with Rupert, Lariette and Ellie) are kakaopage only, will need a kakaopage account.
    • I also have the novels, if you need access I can provide :)
    Genre: Reincarnation, Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Mystery
    =====
    :blobpeek:Spoilers for the entire series, Vol 1-6::blobpeek:
    The truth of TL1
    Belois plotted treason against the imperial family. During the coup de tat of the previous emperor, Akans, the count stole the newborn Lariette (real name: Isabelle) in the chaos, while the Emperor, Empress, and her siblings died. He raised Lariette to be a obedient puppet though strict discpline, so sne was very passive and didn't question anything. The entire family knew she was true royalty, and had a plan to rebell against rupert. Lehan was sent to the military academy to develop his skills, so he could be her partner once Belois successfully rebelled.
    Meanwhile, Tory, was an alchemic puppet made from Eva, (Rupert's mom) and his alchemy. She's a tool with the only purpose of helping Rupert become emperor so he can destroy the empire that Eva hated. Its presumed he grew up as such - an emperor with no qualms about killing his enemies, including eliminating belois who was plotting treason against him. It was simple. Belois commited a crime, and thus he gave a fitting punishment. He likely killed Tory in TL1 because he always felt guilty she was turned into a doll, and once he achieved their goal of becoming emperor, he killed her to "set her free".

Timeline 2: Misunderstandings and half-truths
    Lariette is a very unreliable narrator. Because of this, we think that Rupert is some cruel abusive person, but in actuality he's pretty nice, tolerant, quiet, minds his own business, even described as a hermit just reading and woking all day. What Rupert really wants is a "family" and his closest people (tory and louis) don't work because he considers them "tools" his mother handed down to him. Then Lariette comes and promises to stay by him and be his - which is actually what he really wants deep inside. So he accepts her offer. The more he sees her POV though the black stone and being around her, he realizes that there's more beauty in the world than he thought possible. She shows him how pretty wildflowers are, the sunsets and night skies etc. She's very emotional - she cries, laughs, gets scared easily, is mad when he calls her "dumpling" and overall just fun to be around. So Rupert, who grew up with misfortune to become a monster, is starting to become "human" with Lariette helping him experience emotions and the small joys of life.
    At the start, he uses the excuse of "you belong to me" to have her stay by his side, but soon after he stops that, because now that she's important to him, he doesnt want to treat her as an object, so he treats her nicely and makes sure she's safe in an attempt to have her like him back and want to stay by her own will. Volumes 3-4 are the volumes with the most relationship development. Tory is one of the antagonists. The upcoming arcs include: Lariette rushing back after seeing the Emperor's abuse to comfort him and to make him dumplings and promising to stay at the palace, Tory prompting Lariette to as a spy to retrieve important documents for Rupert from Aunt Belois' mansion (he saves her but is injured, and they seek his real dad, Papa Felipe for help), he saves her from the maid's bullying in the palace; Lariete tricked into drinking poison to save rupert, and him going crazy finding an antidote to save her; him using excessive alchemy to check up on her when she's on vacation because she thought she was in danger; him sponsering her glorious debutante; and him rescuing her when she decided to die after finding the truth of her origins and Belois planning treason.
    (all this is in a lot more details on spoiler forums...)

After realizing that her precious family had used her as a tool/puppet for her whole life in both timelines and that she kept on hating Rupert because of that prejudice (she thinks it completely makes sense why he annihilated her family in TL1 - because of course, they were planning to overthrow Rupert!!). She felt so guilty that she lied and deceived him all these years, when he was an innocent person who's misfortune was caused by her family in the first place (the count had betrayed Rupert's mother, causing her to be trapped in the palace without any chance of escape). She abandons her Belois noble title, and leaves the palace because she was depressed/the guilt of hurting Rupert overwhelming her. She lives in a small remote town by the sea for about the year. Rupert, by this time is totally in love with her and had confessed/proposed marriage, but Lariette didn't he was serious. He tried to reassure her that he's OK with her being from a family of traitors, he won't kill them, that she was actually true royalty, that as long as she stays by his side he'll do anything for her, but she only cries her heart out asking to leave.

During that year away, Rupert finds remnants of her old diary, and learns that he killed her in TL1, and that she hated him. He's absolutely heartbroken and depressed, thinking how on earth can she learn to love him when he was the one who killed her once before, and she had hated him that much??? He doesn't know that Lariette actually had feelings for him, and was absolutely homesick and missed him and the palace when she left. While he thought she hated him, she actually was fond of him and truly wished for his happiness. While away, there's a plot tht a psycho baker was attracted to Lariette, and ends up kidnapping her and trapping her in a basement. Rupert finds out because he was suspicious of the baker and had Louis tail him. He saves her

Once she's back at the palace under his protection, over the next few weeks while he works on changing the law to make the empire safer for women, he initially acts cold but quickly warms up to her. Now that Lariette doesn't have anything to lie or protect about (Belois), she's more honest with him, and they have much better communication. In that time, Rupert slowly helps her heal from her traumas and they're a lot more open with each other. At this time, Tory is angry/jealous that Rupert brought Lariette back, and betrays him and tries to kill them when Rupert says that he doesn't want to pursue their plan of the destruction of the empire anymore, because he doesn't want to do anything hurtful to others anymore. Tory tries to attack them, but ends up running away. Now, Lariette realized that the Rupert x Tory relationship was never romantic (she always held back because she didn't want to get in their way), she was the only one who could stay by his side and show him affection, she lets him know that this time, she'll stay by his side. With that, she finally answers his question on what happened in TL1, he apologizes perfusely for causing her that trauma, and she apoligizes for treating him as a moster when he wasn't, and they become a true couple.
    Other loose ends: the count is imprisoned after going through with rebellion (rupert effortlessly ended the rebellion), Lehan and their mom live comfortably still in belois territory, Tory "dies" temporarily but comes back years later after her "alchemic heart" was being purified in a holy lake, now that Lariette is alive and can focus on her future, she studies to become an imperial judge to change the laws of the empire to ensure fair trials for all. They have two children: a girl, Ellie, and a soon-to-be born son.
    ===

:blob_plusone: Why It Should Get Picked Up::blob_plusone:
    Although many people immediately dropped it because the premise started with ML ordering the execution of FL in TL1, comparing it to the Abandoned Empress, that's where the similarities end. This story is great with character growth, maturity, and lies and deception and half-truths everywhere. I would even say that it could be a slow burn romance with some mystery added too it. Our leads go through a lot of growth and development, from ages 12-20+ throughout this story. The author includes a lot of foreshadowing that is revised in later volumes, and each character's true motivations are slowly revealed, and with the truths, the character dynamics shift significantly. Allies become enemies, and enemies become allies.

Our main character, Lariette (Laliette) Bellua is introduced as a sheltered, average noble girl. She hates the emperor who unjustly killed her precious family and wishes upon his death. However, what happens if she was an unreliable narrator, and what happens when she realizes the truth of her and Rupert (the ML's) circumstances? In typical teenage fashion, our main leads aren't honest with themselves, and say contradictory things, but over time they truly learn to communicate and trust with each other. Both grew up with trauma and abuse, and both have the capacity to love, and do learn to love, even if there are forces against them from doing so. Our typical cold-hearted, emotionless ML learns enough about love to help FL heal from her own traumas. This is definitely a character driven story about two flawed characters growing up and achieving their happy ending together. The worldbuilding is great, we have great supporting characters and antagonists and enough politics to help the story move along.

I would summarize, romance wise:
    Vol 1: intro to the world, intro to the settings
    Vol 2: ML and FL learning to trust each other
    Vol 3-4: ML growing feelings for FL, FL getting suspicious of her "truth" and reality
    Vol 5: FL finds out the "Truth" and leaves the palace; FL and ML spend a year apart to heal
    Vol 6: ML and FL work together to fix the wrongs in their world, to make it a better place.

Themes:
    - What is family? The one you were born into, or the one you make?
    - Rational logic, vs gut feelings
    - Who can I trust? Can I truly trust you, even if you promised it? What if the ones I've trusted this whole time, was someone I shouldn't have trusted?
    - Who is actually my ally?
    - Holding back the truth from someone can do more harm than good (vs good communication)
    -How do people respond to trauma, how do they heal, move on, treat others?
    - Choosing love over destruction (life's mission)
    - Choosing revenge over understanding
    - Respecting someone's wishes/autonomy

==

Novel Description
    When I was 18, because my father opposed the tyrant Emperor with his ideals of neutrality, that tyrant had my entire family’s neck cut off by guillotine – Including mine.

When I opened my eyes, it was my 12th birthday again.

In order to save my family, I decided to become that tyrant’s servant. So, your Majesty, lets get to know each other - I’ll treat you well, so please don’t kill me again!

“Its because I’m truly on your side! I swear to you!”

“Shut up.”

However, earning this future tyrant’s trust, who doesn’t trust humanity, is extremely difficult.

“Please, don’t let me deceive you anymore”

“If deception is the only way you can be by my side, then so be it”

“Huh?”

“Again, I treasure what’s mine. Don’t hurt yourself without my permission”.

===

The manhwa adaption is currently in the middle of volume 2. New chapters come out every week, with a break every 6th week. It has great expressive art! Currently there are no fan-scanlations, but the English Manhwa translation is about 3 months behind. There are no novel translations.

This is one of my favorite novels, and would love to be able to read it in its full glory!!

If anyone is interesting in translating this novel, I can help provide with access to the raws! I can also be an editor :blob_pompom:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  2. yaywww

yaywww Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ~bump~!

3. Roselyx

Roselyx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will the newest chapters still be translated?

4. yaywww

yaywww Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This series has been tentatively picked up by a team.
    Further announcements and details will be posted as they come.

Thanks for the interest! :blob_plusone:

Claire peng likes this.
  5. lass_in_ love

lass_in_ love Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks Yaywww!! You've convinced me!!
    I wish I could read the entire translation of the novel right now :D I'm obsessed with this series lol

Starligh7 and Claire peng like this.
  6. Raaraa786123

Raaraa786123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember there being a previous spoiler thread for this did it get deleted or something

RoseR, Starligh7 and Naobun like this.
  7. EchoAndromeda

EchoAndromeda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I definitely thought this had been in the process of translation once already? Maybe I'm crazy. Lololol but either way this is fabulouuuus news. I've also really enjoyed the manhwa/webtoon adaption & look forward to it weekly. It's been HIGH on my TBR list for awhile now. Thank you to whoever picked this up! Looking forward to see your releases! :meowinlove:

8. Lonely_Nbd4U

Lonely_Nbd4U Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know with anyone know, however, I quite curious about the girl with blue hair I don't remember? What happens to her familly? And how did Lariette found out the truth about her family? What did the Belois do??

9. Shii-chan

Shii-chan New Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hi! Me and yaywww are translating the novel for those who wanted to read it, i can't post the link however but basically, >.<

rupelali-translation (blogspot)

10. Lilian1318

Lilian1318 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers after she finds out the truth of her birth?

11. hyuuckk

hyuuckk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I think there is one before and I can't find it. Maybe it got deleted.

12. Starligh7

Starligh7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was just me. :( I read through so much of the spoiler thread from before. Couldn't find it.

13. Teriyaki 2ne1

Teriyaki 2ne1 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read the novel?

14. Bariri

Bariri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    me tooo can somebody helpp us, i really wannt to reread spoilers in that old forum, or can anyone please explain why we cant accesss to that link anymoree huhu i just want to reread the pregnancy partttt a

15. Red_Eyed_Neko

Red_Eyed_Neko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I also think the old thread was deleted. Not sure why. :blob_teary:
    Been wanting to read this story so badly.

16. rinainthemoon

rinainthemoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Nivak_01

Nivak_01 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell where I can read the MTL of this novel

Red_Eyed_Neko likes this.
  18. Anqel

Anqel New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I get some more spoilers on tori& what happens to her?

+plus I’m a little confused, belios committed treason, stole the MC - the “mom” Amanda(who was very close friends with the mc real mom) help to orchestrate this treason??
    is there a reason for why they did this?? the belios family betrayed their friends here…

19. mart7206

mart7206 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers from what I’ve read and the prior spoiler thread. Thanks to those who had already spoiled this for me. I will post this for others that just got to know.
    1TL MC family actually did attempt to rebel against the emperor. MC was unaware of everything. Her family had taught her to be sweet and frugal, but kept anything important from her. In reality she was the daughter of the previous king who had lost the throne in a coup by his brother, so technically she is a rightful heir. MC is unaware of this until we’ll through TL2 despite the rest of her family being aware and working to put her on the throne, and have her marry her brother she had grown up with in the Belua family. Since they kept her naive it could also be looked like a power grab for themselves…

Anyways MC is deeply scarred by TL1. She watches all her family be executed and then she is imprisoned for a good period of time. She sees her family being betrayed by their family friends including her best friend Richie who she had begged to help her. In reality they were just trying to keep out of it. Likely knew her family wasn’t so innocent, and the emperor/ML was purging a lot of people and families. In TL2 we will see he even has a list. MC sees the emperor for what he is in TL1 a blood thirsty tyrant.

MC is reborn to around 8 yrs old, and determines to keep her family safe, but she has no real ability to do so. And her family stifles her from being able to do anything or make decisions. She is so sheltered she doesn’t even realize how naive she is. So she lives to go into service for the ML. Who is a prince pretending to be a princess so that he could survive. She absconds from her family and joins the royal palace and asks to be the 2nd princess maid. They accept her and state that in a matter of months they should be able to serve the 1st princess, who is highly regarded. ML will fear this for the first few years.

she serves the ML pretending to be a princess. He is severely abused by the rest of the royal family and only has one other maid. He is anorexic so that he can continue to pass for a princess. In reality at the age of a 4th grader he is already a genius and is a an alchemist running things in the underworld. He is doing obscene things for his father (using alchemy to maintain his mothers corpse as a living doll for her father to boink) and he is also supporting the country as a weapons producer. Pretty far fetched given his age and lack of education and what not, but anyways she moves into his palace.

ML is of course skeptical why she is willing to serve him after all he considers her family one of his enemies even MC’s name is on his list. ML threatens her several times, but there is also an undercurrent of him wanting love anybodies love. The other maid is a homunculi and isn’t a real person. MCs naivety quickly becomes apparent to him and he eventually comes to depend on her. He points a gun at her saying he is going to kill her when she walks in on him changing, although she already technically knew he was a man. She pleads and homunculi does as well and he doesn’t kill her.

MC pleads with ML throughout their childhood. That she is his. All he needs to do is protect belua. ML finds it all strange, he already knows of belugas plans to rebel, but MC is also offering herself which he can’t not have. A couple instances during the childhood. One, MC tries to break into the vault of her aunt and another contender for the throne. Her aunt sold her out and she is locked alive in the vault. Mac has a panic attack from trauma from TL1 of being trapped in the dungeon. ML saves her. Second instance she is kidnapped after leaving her friend Riches house, and she realizes Richie had betrayed her. ML saves her. MC feelings start to get complicated. She sees MLS suffering and in part she wants him to find happiness, and in another part she wants him to die for what he did to her and her family.

she also tells her family about TL1 about how her family was purged by a blood thirsty tyrant for no reason and that is why she’s trying to win his favor now. She did not know about TL1s actual rebellion in her mind there had been no reason. Of course her brother and father already know about their plans in TL2. Of course they don’t take her warning but prepare even more, while still sidelining her. MC does learn about MLS mom and her begging MCs father to save her from being put up in the emperors sex dungeon. Of course belua father chooses not to help, that is one of the reasons for MLS grudge. On top of aunts betrayal, riches betrayal, and her family still keeping secrets from her MC starts to realize Ml may not have been totally at fault and her aunt called her a cuckoo bird, so she starts to suspect she isn’t an actual belua daughter. Her brother and father of course refuse to tell her. But even richie knows she was adopted in, along with everyone else besides MC.

From this point I’m operating mostly off spoilers I remember. after some time skips ML is appointed crown prince. He doesn’t start purging cause he knows MC would be against it. Richie and MC cuts ties completely with MC realizing richie had never been her friend. MC eventually confronts her family again and eventually brother decides to join her side realizing she would never play be a party tot he rebellion or the belua family plans. MC attempts suicide to prevent herself from being a reason for rebellion. ML also sees MC diary wondering why she attempted to kill her self and reads about TL1, and realizes that growing up with him was torturous for MC. MC at some point realizes father had never cared for her, but her father just cared for her royal blood. The mom and brother do care, but not enough to take her wishes into account. MC realizes the she had never really been apart of family she was just a royal daughter brought in for their siphon to marry to reestablish the prior royal family.

Ending: Father continues with plans which are easily foiled by ML. Father is imprisoned for life. Mother and son don’t really get too much, but MCs ties to them are hanging by a thread. ML and MC marry and have kids. Richie just fades out no punishment for having MC kidnapped, aunts husband, queen, other prince are also dealt with. I don’t think they were killed maybe imprisoned. 1st princess is left free.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2023
  20. Naobun

Naobun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi it's say the blog got deleted?