Japanese Zaregoto

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by pass1478, Mar 11, 2021.

1. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Name:
    Zaregoto
    The Kubikiri Circle
    The Kubishime Romancist
    戯言シリーズ​
    Raw Link: Tag me in the thread and I'll PM the free Volume 1-9 raws
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/zaregoto
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    First and foremost, I haven't actually read the novel yet. Nope, not one word AT ALL. Just saw the novel and decided to check its NU page, and seeing that it's been months since the last update, I thought it was unfortunate and decided to move on... until I saw the author: Nisio fuckin Isin, the lad who wrote the entire Monogatari Series. So yeah, just thought that was good enough a reason to make a pick up request for it. Ironically, the fact Nisio Ison wrote this can also be a wall for some translators, because of how reliant his writing is on Japanese word play, which more often than not doesn't translate well in other languages.

Description:

It’s the vacation of a lifetime, a trip to a remote island filled with geniuses and murder.

On Wet Crow’s Feather Island, a tiny speck in the Sea of Japan, lives Akagami Iria, the exiled daughter of a powerful family. Born into great wealth, she was a princess of the highest pedigree–until she was cut off by the leader of the Akagami Foundation. For the last five years, she’s lived on Feather Island with her maids. But she hasn’t been alone. She has invited the best minds Japan has to offer to come and stay with her.

And so nineteen-year-old college student Ii-chan and his best friend, computer genius Kunagisa Tomo, find themselves as Iria’s guests at her elaborate mansion. Surrounded by fascinating women–a chef, a fortune-teller, a scholar, and an artist, not to mention his own friend Tomo–Ii-chan is feeling a little overmatched intellectually. But the sudden discovery of a grisly murder sends the island into shock. And Ii-chan discovers that he does possess a bit of genius: the ability to discover what is real and what is fake… who is who they claim to be–and who is a killer.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  2. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    the mystery plot is interesting and if it’s the same author of monogatari series it’s gonna be promising.
    currently 7 volumes were translated and 2 volumes left, hope someone picks it up so I can give a chance to reading this novel. :blob_plusone: