Discussion Zhanxian - Not enough Recoginition?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Shin Ah, Oct 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    I ignored it for a long time due to synopsis and number of chapters. Now I almost always read the new chapters as they come out.

It can be a little random in its plot as the mc will just decide it is time to do something since he is in the area. The only real issue is the mc has incredibly slow cultivation to make up for how overpowered it is... Maybe it gets a little faster I don't know but currently that would be my only complaint besides the fact the translation is slower than ISSTH

Astaroth likes this.
  2. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was okay, but not super amazing. Compared to the other top ranking series it lacks the particularly epic moments. Overall it's good and steady with very few highs and lows, but because of that there aren't too many memorable epic moments that stand out.

3. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    To me it seemed like the standard power trip fantasy, I didn't really like the feel of it so I dropped it.

4. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    You obviously haven't been reading actively the past few months. Go look at the release page...

5. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just caught up a few days ago with the translated chapters, and already is one of my favorite novels at the moment.

Sircus and Shin Ah like this.
  6. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    It's quite steady since several months.

7. MysticJazzEnforcer

MysticJazzEnforcer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree. This novel is fantastic, and is one of my favorites!

Sircus likes this.
  8. Santa420

Santa420 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so I almost never post but I agree that it's a great novel mm but I don't know if I'd say it's underrated seeing as there are so many good novels some of which might not even make it into the top 100 so yeah lol I think all things considered it's doing pretty good once there's a few 100 more chapters the ranking will probably go up some people won't read it till thetes at least 300 chapters

9. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was never a chapter a day. He went from 2-3 chapters a week to 4-5 chapters a week. There was a single week he released a bunch of chapters, but then the 2 weeks after that only a couple. In order words, it is very inconsistent, and casual/general readers will either wait for a ton of chapters, or just simply forgot about it. Also the actual title of the work doesn't help it's one of the worse titles out there.

That all said I rate it 5/5 and It's one of my favorites (I read the raws).

Shin Ah likes this.
  10. Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i put it in the same category as ISSTH and WoC because of how its planned out, although less due to the release schedule

Shin Ah likes this.
  11. MoreCoffeePlease

MoreCoffeePlease New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that this novel is pretty great, if you like Emperor's Domination, you should try this because Zhanxian is sorta kinda similar to Emperor's Domination.

Dmath94, chencking and Sircus like this.
  12. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a lot of reviews from you please keep going i love them!!

13. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    If people want a reason why this isn't a top novel, it's because of the style. While the premise, characters, and plot are good, the writing style is very weak. What I mean is that we get a lot of "telling", as in scenes are basically all done with narrator and actual character interaction and dialogue is very weak.

Of course, the premise helps in alleviating this. The MC isn't some badass 16-year-old who spams the Level Up button. He takes his time and spends years on perfecting his path. As such, a telling style is probably the safest way of narrating this story.

At the same time, we just don't get really up and personal with some scenes. The author can go 5 or 10 chapters without a single person speaking, or uses just 5 to 10 lines of dialogue in it.

Basically, Author's weak point is dialogue and "showing".

14. polokoi

polokoi TVPropaganda

Reading List:
    Link
    “Brother it isn’t good to follow your desire, find your life purpose in happiness, not desire. Wanting more views is a shameless desire. A monk shouldn’t want any views, nor have desire, so you can cultivate smoothly.”
    ~Jamie

asriu likes this.
  15. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people just give because the first twelve chapters are super boring. But, if you can make it past that point, it's one of the best novels out there.

16. cheval

cheval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    compared to the top 25 in series ranking it's pretty weak though. although I rated it 5 too
    and what argos said is so true. some(a lot) people don't like that kind of "telling" story.

17. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read through him and his Executioner phase to when he enters the Sect and you'll find it moving along pretty well. The first few chapters are a large info dump. It's not a bad set of chapters, but the MC doesn't really show off his highlighting personality traits as he's still grieving after having been reincarnated.

Someone grieving for ten thousand+ years over their dead master finally seeing hope after having the ability to change that fate leaves some dry beginning chapters.

Crimshine likes this.
  18. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh... Why do people keep mentioning release speed? 1 chapter each three days is good enough... It is one thing if the release is once a month but meh. Do not really why people are horny for translation pace... But I am probably not going to touch Zhanxian until it reach the 300's so I can binge read it without much issue. If I decide to pick it up.

But ye... Feels a bit sad that people keep mentioning Posting pace... Reminds me of those instant 0 stars some new novels get on NovelUpdates...

asriu likes this.
  19. exefour

exefour ◄Amaranthine Origin► ◄Evil►

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading Zhanxian at chapter 85 for one and half reason;

One: Too much info dump. Seriously, in these 85 chapters more than half was useless information. I mean wtf? I can understand reasonable info dump but Zhanxian carries it to another level..
    Half: I dislike his killing style. He always keeps beheading them after he says some sh*tty executioner lines to his enemies. After a while you think if he can't find an opportunity to behead, he would instead not kill at all.
    I know the novel's name is Immortal Executioner but it is too annoying for me.

Dont get me wrong. I am not against beheading. I think it is clean way to kill. What i don't like is the MC and his love for being an executioner. Just kill your enemies man. Why do you have to be a fckin executioner.

20. StampedingSquirrel

StampedingSquirrel Unstoppable Sciuridae

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that it is highly underestimated, and I do like it a lot. But the translations releases are not that fast and it is not a very thrilling novel. I mean, I can't feel empathy nor immerse myself in the novel. It feels emotionless... Just like WMW

Dmath94 likes this.