Discussion Zhanxian - Not enough Recoginition?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Shin Ah, Oct 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PandaFoot

PandaFoot Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The name of the novel is immortal executioner get over it

2. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of ironic to mention top 10, and the comparisons to current top 10 readership. You say it is too good to not be in top 10, but you forget the fact that many in the top 10 are not necessarily good stories in the first place....

Available chapters, speed and consistency of releases, style of writing, genre and pacing of the plot are all relevant to the number of readers, and thus number of votes. So no, its current placement is not surprising, nor unwarranted.

Often times very in depth and slower paced stories will be ranked lower as they are less mainstream; while young adult or simplified coming of age stories will do far better. Then there is the factor of level of smut and brutal dichotomy of the world or mc's thought patterns that will give more boosts in readership (regardless of level of utter hypocrisy), hence why atg picked up so many readers, and why MGA is one of the most popular when so many people can't stand reading it.

Sometimes, you have to think in perspectives outside your own if you are trying to consider how the majority ranks series.

3. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    Starts real quick with gains and moves quick
    BUT then it really starts. The depth to everything he does is...deep. Love it.
    Only it and ISSTH i don't wait to read in bulk and wait every chapter.

Deserves more cred

4. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality. The style there was also "telling" and I just plain dropped it cause it wasn't interesting.

That's the thing, at least Zhanxian is interesting. If it had bad style AND was generic, I wouldn't have bothered reading it up till now.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Dmath94 likes this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Nameless Wanderer 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    I might have considered reading it...but the description became the barrier that stopped me.

6. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not in the top 10 because it's not easy to read. Too much info dump and too little happening sometimes. The story progresses quite slowly. It's definitely not a casual read.
    Pretty much all the top 10 novels are fast-paced. Have short chapters and are easy to pick up and read.
    Also... The website the novel is on doesn't help. I usually read on mobile and the font is too small, even when I press the +font size button.
    I still love the novel though, it has a nice world.

7. ieatdurians

ieatdurians Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can confirm Zhanxian is good. Read Raws to 1000+. Plot is good. Not repetive and a whole other side of history gets revealed to him ever since he changed the time line by going back. Very good read for those who TTS the Raws.

8. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Not enough chapters... but that's just my personal opinion.

9. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I don't really like the start, not sure though.

10. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    They've translated 147 chapters over 283 days, and this is a series that accepts donations.

They're wildly inconsistent.

11. exefour

exefour ◄Amaranthine Origin► ◄Evil►

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you need to re read my comment. If you do, you can see that i already get over with it by dropping the novel. and i stated that i already know the novel's name. So it means that even with the novel's name, it is still annoying for me.
    Just because its name is Immortal Executioner, he do not need to style himself being executioner completely. It is dull, boring and annoying..

12. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be better but I got tired of that dude harassing the MC at every turn. It happened so much I dropped it.

13. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I think it's because Zhanxian is so-so. Not bad enough to warrant criticism like other titles you mentioned. Not good enough to be mentioned in every recommendation threads.

14. LombokHot

LombokHot Hottest Chili Ever Known

Reading List:
    Link
    I havent read it yet, but since its discussed like this i think i'll try.

I can feel you! Thats my opinion since my favorite WOC isnt in the top list too. As for the reason why they arent there, I have come to a conclusion long ago (based on WOC though, but maybe it can be applied on ZX)

1. It only has little "snu snu" time, or none at all!!! MC that build a harem and actually "do something" to the girls are prefereable. *cough Che
    2. Translation site. This really helps a lot in term of novel promotion.
    3. Action ASAP. Most people just come for the blood! They cant wait tens of chapters without bloodshed, face slapping action or other action that showed the awesomeness of our MC
    4. Release speed helps a lot.
    5. Translation quality. This doesnt apply to WOC and some other underrated novels. I said this based on some novels that entered China's Top Rank but end up underrated and even dropped by some reader (me included). These novels isnt even in the top 75 (thats the lowest rank i've seen up till now, it maybe even further down) because its not translated properly IMO.
    6. Too lazy to add more, lets end it with e.t.c.

15. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It explains it, or at least touches on and infers it, in the beginning. He's following the route of absorbing their talent. It's a very small drop of it, but small drops of water eventually make oceans.

Also, what he says resolves him of future heart demons that would affect his cultivation. It also places their karmic debt of grievances at being killed back onto themselves. Again, this is inferred and briefly mentioned in the beginning.

These two actions of his are easy to miss and misrepresent his motives. I had to stop and think about it, myself, in recent chapters. It took me a bit to remember that what he was doing wasn't just for the initial benefits of executing the immortals. Otherwise he wouldn't have kept up the pretense for so long.

If you think about it, it's a very well-thought-out plan. He's going to have to be killing millions of people as he advances realms and competes in cultivation resources anyway. This would be building up karmic debts, resentment, and potential heart devils. So why not absolve yourself of guilt and constantly reaffirm your heart's resolve each time you kill while also taking a bit of their talent to help you advance? It's also done in such a way that he doesn't come across as just a random devil cultivator since he's masking his true goals.

16. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rating is good and 160 translated chapters. I'm gonna go for it.