Discussion ZhanXian worth continuing & where was I?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea his mantra's are the best.....loved the one with the assassin on professionalism and then the more recent one with the GHS disciples

2. InnerVoice

InnerVoice Well-Known Voice

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I dropped this novel. I can't remember why.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  3. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely worth it. Of course there are some cliches out there, but Zhanxian does them well enough that you don't care that much about it. I like the way the author tiered up the worlds so that the power levels are separated (mortal world, spirit world, paradise). The story arc of how the MC got his revenge on the Greatest Heaven Sect on the mortal world before moving up to the spirit world is epic. The way the MC copes with the Profound Heaven Sect on the spirit world is a great twist and unique in all of the Chinese novels I've read so far.

For me, the story got a bit ho hum only when it reached the 1000+ chapter mark, but keeping it fresh and interesting until then is pretty much an achievement in this genre.

They aren't really pets in the sense you'd think, more like monster lifeform allies. They still have their own will, they don't have to obey the commands of the MC or anything.
    Later on those two will become members of his sect, becoming the first members of a "monster department" (I put it in quotes since I don't know how it will be officially translated in English).

I think what the earlier poster meant regarding providing his master two pets is
    MC manages to kill two high level monsters (the highest available in the mortal world) but manage to preserve their bodies. The bodies are presented to his master for use as puppets

4. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you say it was worthy of being read before or after ATGs?

5. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't give a direct comparison, as I haven't read ATG yet. Based from the reviews I wasn't sure I'd like it, so I've been reading other stuff so far. From what I read though, ATG's story tapers off quite a bit earlier than Zhanxian's does. On the other hand, there are more translated chapters available for ATG.

I'd say, if you can take reading the novel through MTL (lnmtl or using systransoft translator), go for Zhanxian first. Otherwise, you could go ahead and read ATG so you could load up on translated Zhanxian chapters.

6. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm already at the part were ATG tappers off and I haven't touched it in 5 months so I'm 250 behind. In ZX I read but I wasn't all into the story but I often we read things I dropped and actually get into it so I think I'll give ZX a chance.