Adventurers Guild AGNA - Task Completion Tales

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Mar 27, 2022.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Registration | Ship's Tavern | OOC | Task Board | Announcements | General Roleplay

This is the thread where you post how you cleared out tasks that are listed out in the Task Board!

Please do quote the task(s) that you took, to like, let people know what tasks you were doing and stuff.

And if it's a player-created task, remember to tag (By using the @ thingy) the user that posted the task, as well as any other people listed on the "people to tag" list of said task, to like... Let them know that their task was cleared.

Also, please put the story of how you cleared up the task in a spoiler. Just to make the thread easier to scroll through, since some people have a habit of writing really long stories.

Feel free to create new tasks on the Task Board based on the Tasks you cleared btw! ^^)/

Ah, and lastly... Consider reading the tasks of other people? It's a good way of having getting ideas for stuff you wanna write, or to just like... Have more reasons to interact with them in-character and whatever.

... Though of course, I don't expect anyone to read everything that is written here. I just think it's more fun to play the game while being aware of what other people are doing, especially what your friends are doing~

PS: Please use the Tavern and the OOC Thread for conversations. Use this thread just to post Task Completion Tales.

2. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    The people of the ship made a lot of noise again yesterday... They seemed to be having fun though, so I think that's fine.

But today... I'm hearing a lot of groans. Why do they groan so much in the mornings? I just don't get it. Why do they keep talking about how they shouldn't have drunk so much? I mean... Drinking is nice? It feels bad to stay too long away from the water, so they should like to drink lots of water.

... Though some of the people on the crew don't go into the water that often. I don't get how they keep up with the bad feeling that comes from doing that.

Well, that's fine. Let's just do our best today too!

I crawled out of my room to the place that gets noisy during the nights... It is... Well, it is quite dirty and smelly, just like usual.

"Oh, girlie? Came here to help out again?" A nice lady that was cleaning the green smelly water on the ground asked. I nodded, "Okay then. The rags are in the usual place, so if you could take care of the mugs, it would be a big help." I nodded again, smiled at her, then crawled towards the weird wooden thingy that wasn't very tall.

After getting inside it, I got the rags from the movable wood thingies, then started cleaning up the smelly round thingies that the crew put their mouths on... I wonder why they like putting colored water in those so much. I really prefer clear water instead of colored water. Colored water smells so bad...

The lady cleaning the ground started humming a song this time. She often did that... I liked hearing her, it was soothing.

There wasn't much else to do though. I just took my time and slowly cleaned through the 'mug' thingies for a while, until I got tired of it. Then, I crawled outside, and jumped into the water for a swim.

Jeanette, strikegunner and Haxagen like this.
  3. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Amidst the chaos of loosely thrown open books, the bubbling of vials and laboratory equipment, an aging man with a crazed expression was scribbling down yet another hypothetical formula to test out. Just as he was about to cackle maniacally, the door burst with expectation and a happy-go-lucky face full of curiosity. She leaned over him, looking at the spilling ink erasing his night's work from existence.

A wheeze came from a kettle in the background, the alchemist's face red hot with anger. He glared up at the chimera, who tilted her head in response, questioning.

"Get out," the alchemist quietly growled.

The chimera looked back toward the door and decided this was boring. She started looking around, poking the laboratory items to see what happens, only to suddenly stop, as the alchemist grabbed her from behind and began to drag her out of the laboratory.

"Get out you insufferable dunce!" he shouted, the kettle parsing a symphony somewhere behind. The chimera found this awfully amusing somehow and burst into laughter. She dodged a kick to the face, and jumped up on the ceiling, preparing to play some more. Sadly, this only prompted the alchemist to shriek and lock himself inside the room.

The chimera went back to the playdesk to ask how to do this, but got scolded. She decided to play something else.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    Jeanette, strikegunner and Siostar like this.
  4. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Honoka had been sitting on a chair for the whole of perhaps ten minutes, and she had nothing to do.

There wasn't any sign of the monster with the sharp claws that was written on the notice, and she was nearing the limits of her patience.

The requestor was too busy with his own matters to make conversation as well, crouched over the table was he was scribbling something with ink and quill. He had his back to her as well.

As she inspected the room, the lass grinned.
    * * *​
    As he neared completion on his new set of notes, the alchemist suddenly realised that the room was rather quiet. A bit too quiet, really.

He'd switched off the burner before scribbling because he didn't trust the girl with managing the temperature, but the lack of bubbling liquid and noises in general was unsettling.

"Are you still---what in blazes are you doing?"

His hired help was looking back at him curiously, a tube of red liquid in one hand. The other was a little ways below, flames flickering at the fingertips.

His initial reaction was one of surprise; the girl seemed to be doing a rather good job with the temperature control, judging by how the solution remained red.

Then he glanced slightly to the right and froze, for his experimental solution was sitting there as he'd left it, the fire underneath unlit.

Which meant that the solution in her hands was...

*Hissss*

His hired help was staring at him, which mwant that her attention wasn't on the item in her hands. And even from here he could see the liquid bubbling.

"Stop supplying heat! It's gonna expl---"
    * * *​
    After the smoke cleared, a soot-covered girl was tossed out of the room like a sack of trash, much to her confusion.

5. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once again, Xuelin stared in awe at the huge expanse of the never ending water. Her short hair moved behind her as a strong wind whipped by, carrying the mixed smell of salt and seaweed, that let her know this water was indeed different from lakes or rivers, unlike the water she had seen on land.

Today was Xuelin's first day of working on a request from the guild, but as it was also her first time to see the ocean, it was not too surprising that she got distracted by the new view of her surroundings.
    Fortunately, the crew didn’t mind it as new members could make much more trouble rather than not to, so the fact she didn’t was already a plus.

That knowledge made Xuelin unsure on what to say, instead she opted to gather dried branches to build a campfire at the center of this encampment. At times, she was asked to hold telt parts so others could finish their telts faster, news of food was apparently a popular thing among adventurers.

Time passed quickly by, however, they did manage to finish the basics before sunset.
    Tonight and perhaps a few days more, Xuelin will be able to sleep on her home land, but who knows what the future will bring?

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    While I was swimming, I ended up playing quite a bit with the fishes. It was pretty fun, but I couldn't play with them for too long in the same place, or the ship would get too far away, so I had to keep on moving.

As I moved and played though, I ended up seeing some algae near the rocks... The lady on the white room liked it when I brought those to her, so let's bring some with me again!

Okay, this one, and that one, and this one too, and that one and that one as well...

... How do I climb the ship's stairs while carrying this many with me? I can't give them back now that I already took them...

I ended up swimming near the stairs while still holding the many algae with me...

How do I climb?

Ah, the lady that was cleaning the green smelly water earlier saw me, "Girlie, you brought us some souvenirs!?" She shouted.

I nodded.

"Okay, I'll get someone to help you bring those up! Wait just a bit!" After she shouted that, I nodded again and smiled to her.

She left my field of view after that, but after a small bit, a bulky man started going down the stairs. Once he got close enough to the water, I gave him some of the algae.

He then climbed up with those, went down again, got the rest, then we both climbed up to the ship.

Jeanette, strikegunner and Siostar like this.
  7. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Xue'er and I walked in to see a patient in the doctor's clinic in an attempt to help him out. The doctor was out, and the patient appeared to be comatose. Looking at the girl next to me for a moment, I saw her nod at me. Directing some of my Qi to my Lingtai to calm myself down, I sit down next to the patient to check his pulse.

The heartbeat was irregular, and I observed sweating when I looked at his face. Could it be the flu? If it was, it wouldn't explain the coma. Sighing, I moved my Yang Qi through his body to get a clearer look and noticed some peculiarities. A few acupoints were blocked, preventing his meridians from operating properly. Glancing over at Xue'er, I asked, "Could you lend me your silver needles?"

She nodded with a smile and said, "Of course!" She passed me a few needles and I got to work. Running my Qi through the needles as I stabbed them into his Baihui, Shenting, and Taiyang acupoints. I then ran my Qi through his meridians once more, clearing any debris that was left inside. I retracted the needles, stood up, bowed, and left with Xue'er. The patient would wake up in a few minutes, so there was no reason to stay.

8. GamingIce

GamingIce 『Holder of the Ring of Promise』『RPG Nerd』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Bandits? Sounds like an easy task." Benjamin was confident in knowing all about bandits, being a former one himself. He took this quest for the easy rewards, and the easy mission. If anybody could take down a bunch of bandits, it'd be him. The merchants seemed mostly fine, though a little afraid of Smirking Benjamin, who seemed to do nothing more than sit on top of the carriage while drinking beer.

Finally, after a decently long travel, the caravan was going through a spot Benjamin just knew had to be perfect for bandits to attack them at, and he was right. A middling group of 5-10 bandits ganged up to attack their small caravan, who only had him and a few others as guards.

Benjamin smashed one of his empty beer bottles against the carriage, getting himself a fine weapon to take out these weak looking bandits. He immediately runs up to the closest one while trying to find out which one of these weaklings could be the leader, but none of them even seemed to stand out. He successfully felled one of the bandits by scooping up a handful of dirt and tossing it into its eyes before finishing him with a stab of the broken bottle. Picking up the bandit's weapon, a scimitar, he remarked that it looks like the bandits have a decent amount of money to have such a good looking weapon. He heard a sound of someone screaming from the other side, before he saw one of the other caravan guards stumbling back to the caravan with massive burns before falling prone onto the ground.

"A-a-a mage?" Benjamin gulped at just the thought of such a fierce enemy. He immediately took to his first instinct that saved his life so many times before: running away. Benjamin was swift and tried not to look back as he heard the screams of the merchants and remaining guards. "Fuck!" Benjamin cursed as he looked back to see a mage shooting balls of fire towards the remaining people, combatants and non-combatants alike. "What kind of mage becomes a bandit of all things? He can make so much money doing other things!" Benjamin knew this meant the failure of his first task with the Adventurer's Guild, but he also knew it wasn't worth his life. After successfully escaping, he returned back to the Adventurer's Guild, reporting his failed quest, though not without thinking about a new task of his own he could do... to take down the mage and get his spellbook, and maybe learn magic himself.

9. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    The ship was starting to get boring for Test Subject 6666. She pondered for 365 seconds, which felt like an eternity, and decided to ask the nice lady at the desk for a good idea.

The lady felt somewhat bothered by the request shooing the chimera off with a "just grab something from the board over there!"

Scratching her head didn't produce any thoughts, prompting a more decisive method of randomly picking. She was very excited to hear that there was treasure. Treasures were often tasty! The chimera salivated on her way to the dock, jumping into the water with a heading Northeast with a -11.452 degree deviation. Her motivation didn't wane even as the moon waxed, reflected in the gentle ocean waves. Soon her enhanced feline eyes reflected the light of the island in question. It was a tall amalgamation of volcanic rock and tropical vegetation, terraced around a crescent shaped bay, itself leading into a grotto.

Splashing out of the waves at top speed, the chimera nearly crashed into a rock, somersaulting above it, planting a foot opposite the inertia dragging her. As the dust cloud raised on the beach rudely chased off the local birds, she found herself alone on the beach with the sudden realization that she didn't have any idea how to find the treasure in question. This was going to take a while, she figured. The solitude and calming sounds of the tropical bay were alluring for a long moment, lulling her to sleep.

She woke up mid-day to find her mind was void of new information, but she had a plan now. Treasures were buried, therefore she needed to dig. Digging was accomplished quite often by explosively splitting stone and excavating precious ore, her memory informed. Nodding to herself, she cracked her fists and got started by picking a large nearby cliff and KABOOM, cracking it apart. The chimera coughed a bit from the huge dust cloud raised, failing to notice a large animal crashing into her in panic. She blanked out.

It was obvious that the creatures of the island were an obstacle to digging the treasure out. The chimera woke up to see the sun much further from its zenith, leaving her less time to effectively deal with the issue. She sniffed around for droppings and found some tracks near a pile of explosively ejected dung near ground zero of her digging attempt. It was obviously the interloper, the foil to her plans.

876 seconds later the creature was no longer operational and would provide nutrition for the ecosystem, which meant it was time to keep digging. The chimera's mind sized up the island, and remembered the words of a wise old human she met when traveling with Sera. He must have been wise because he was old and strong and he said "when your problem is big, you need to start from the largest part of it, otherwise you'll lose all your time fighting weaklings." She took that advice to heart, and had been attacking the biggest problems first, such as choosing to eat before doing anything else. As the objective here was securing food, she found no problem attacking the biggest part of the island, which was the peaking volcano up above.

Hopping through the thickening foliage of the grotto, she made her way up toward the peak, inspecting any cracks carefully for a weakness to strike upon. One was soon found, as a hot spring had formed nearby. It was an obvious striking point. Pristine and beautiful, the tropical hotspring steamed lightly in the ocean breeze, surrounded by beautiful flowers and thick tropical leaves. The chimera unceremoniously trod inside the steaming water and started charging the implosion.

The mountain was fiercely resisting, but the chimera mindlessly pushed on, dreaming of delicious treasures, even as her face was starting to crack up, releasing mana. Eventually the weak point cracked open, causing an earthquake to shake the island. Her stomach growled with an unearthly synthetic sound, indicating her mana reserves were awfully low. She released the implosion spell then, jumping back with her last strength far, far away from the eruption about to take place. Landing in the water, she washed away, sleepy and inoperative.

It was disappointing to see. Abhorrent to imagine. There was no treasure, it was all a lie! It was a great explosion, however. She felt a strange sense of satisfaction from the fact the island was defeated. The waves washed her off.

About two days later, the chimera was found near the docks unconscious. Some unscrupulous adventurers had tried to sell her off for monster materials to the disassembly facility, where it was found she had an actual guild card on. Her nose was the first part of her to regain consciousness leading her to the rich cache of mana stones left from monsters inside the facility.

The real treasure, she decided, was not hidden in islands or maps, but the one achieved by desires leading you there.

Also she got fined Which was a problem. She didn't know what a fine was! She decided that this is a problem best tackled from the largest part.

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Today, I ended up visiting a part of the ship that has wounded people in it... I don't like that place much, but I wanted to offer them some prayers at least. It's not fair for them to stay there without even receiving some prayers.

When I got there though, I heard the lady that usually treats them grumbling something about the lack of bandages... I crawled closer to her and tilted my head.

"Hmm? Oh, girlie... Ah, don't mind it. I just am running out of bandages, and nobody in this stupid crew spares the time to come here make some, so I have to do them all by myself while also caring for the patients!" She exclaimed.

... I tilted my head to the other side when she said that.

"Ah, sorry. I shouldn't have called the crew stupid." She gently started caressing my hair, "Don't worry, okay? I'll manage somehow."

But she said she had to do it all by herself... Didn't she need help then? Why would she talk about the crew not coming here if she didn't want them to come?

"Uhn... Do you need something? Are you hurt perchance?" She asked me next. I shook my head to that one, "So, you're not hurt... Headache?" I shook my head, "Stomachache?" I shook my head again, "Ugh... This is hard... Did someone say something that made you feel bad?" I shook my head one more time.

The lady sighed and sat down, "Well... I don't get what kind of help you need like this, yanno?" I shook my head once more. She giggled this time, "You don't even know this much!? Well, how am I supposed to know then!?"

... I tilted my head.

"Right, right..." She gently ruffled my hair... It felt nice, "Say, do you have some free time right now?" I nodded, "Good, I needed some help making bandages, can you help me out?" I nodded again, "Aren't you such a lovely girl? Thank you for that." She then kissed the top of my head... It reminded me of mom. Mom used to that... I don't dislike that feeling.

The lady then took me to a corner of the room that had some white thingies in it, "See, these are the materials we use for making the bandages, okay? They're very important." I nodded, "So, what we need to do, is to cut this sheet like this, and then fold it like that..."

She then slowly started explaining to me what I had to do... I didn't quite understand it much, but she said it was very important, so I tried following her instructions. She then praised me when I did it right, and corrected me when I did it wrong... It felt nice. It was peaceful and nice.

Eventually, I got a roll of the white important thing after doing it the way she told me to, "Very good, girlie! You learned fast! We can use those bandages on the wounded now!"

I tilted my head... That is a bandage? And it goes on the wounded?

"Ah, well... I think it would be bad to show how that part is done to you... Ah, I know, come here." I crawled after her, as she moved near the wounded people again.

She then pointed to a person that was sleeping, "See that? His arm is coverage by a bandage." There was a white thing there indeed, though some parts of it were a bit red... It didn't feel nice to see it, "We use it to help protect wounds, so that the people there can recover, you understand?" The wounds need protection...?

I don't quite get why, but I nodded. Protecting them so that they can heal... That seems nice.

"Right right, and you just helped me make some more of those, so I can protect more wounds, and let them heal safely! You did great!" She ruffled my hair again as she said that.

I see... So it helped them out... I'm glad to know this much.

I hugged the lady for a bit. She hugged me back and gently caressed my back, "There there, good girl. You did great today."

After a small while, I let go of her, then turned towards the wounded people. I closed my eyes, got my hands together and prayed... Please let them heal safely, gods. Please protect their wounds and let them recover properly.

I opened my eyes, turned back towards the nice lady, and smiled at her.

After that, I crawled out of that room with the wounded... I think I'll try coming here more often. Helping with making those bandage thingies... It didn't feel bad.

Jeanette and GamingIce like this.
  11. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Before the early morning have arrived, a box was already placed on the taskmaster's deck table, on top of that box lays a note, ready to be read at any time.

Vague sounds of waves accompanied with the rocking of a ship, it was such a strange experience for Xuelin who was used to living deep in a forest. The occasional sounds of animals surely wasn’t as disturbing as the creaking sound of a moving building.
    Unable to sleep, the witch apprentice wandered out of her room and a peculiar quest came to her mind as she walked down the dark hallway. Distant laughter could be heard as she got closer to the kitchen, which wasn’t surprising since the tavern couldn’t be far from there and drinking has often been said to be the best activity at night on a ship.

As Xuelin continued her walk, she recalled the rumors she heard earlier today. They told her about the strange happenings, which had been going on around the kitchen’s cellar, one said the room was always damp and gloomy and nothing they did could stop the atmosphere from reappearing. Another story was about someone who had to be carried out in a box and no one even knows why they do so. At last comes the classic ‘it's a bad idea to investigate during or after midnight’, and then they give you the additional scaries for why you shouldn’t.
    Of course, Xuelin knew those kinds of tales should at most be taken half seriously, as many people like to enchant their stories with interesting bits and parts. While she thought back about those rumors, Xuelin eventually arrived at the kitchen’s door.

If there were several people guarding outside the door, Xuelin wouldn’t exactly be surprised. But instead, she saw those ‘guards’ lumped together on the ground as they were playing cards… and that was indeed unexpected.

"Em, hello?" The girl called out in an awkward voice as she wasn’t used to strangers.
    "Why are you guys playing cards here?" She asked.

Weren't they supposed to guard the door? Or so the girl mentally wondered, At the very least, Xuelin knew it wasn’t how it was supposed to work.

"Oh! A little maiden has come to visit! At last, I don't have to look at those ugly guys tonight!" One exclaimed, right after another did an elbow hit on the first one.

"Who did ya say is ugly, huh?! If somebody is ugly here, that's ya, ya stinky boy!"

"Ow! Who is the stinking one here? I will bet that you are much more smelly than one of my toes!"

"Hah! I dare you to say that again…"

And so, they continued… just like that a fight has broken out between those two. Unsure of what to do, Xuelin landed her gaze on the last person present in the hallway. “Don’t look at me Missy, I’m not going to stop those idiots, and you better don’t go in there at night.” He pointed at the kitchen door with his thumb.

“Why not..?” She asked nervously, at her question, the other two guys joined in the conversion as well. “Girl, haven’t ya heard the rumors? I tell ya, there is a real ghost in there! Every night, those creepy noises come out and not a single night has been peaceful!”

“Ha! Don’t listen to him, little maiden! He's just a coward, you have nothing to fear as long as I am here! Ghost or whatever, I will beat them for yo- Ow! Stop hitting me! Your damn musclehead…”

“Ah! Ya really know how to make me angry…”

“Shut up,” said the quiet man. It was amazing how the two full grown children stopped the moment they were ordered to do so by that man. “Miss, if you have nothing to do, then please leave.”

“Wait! I..I actually came here for a quest about the celler…” She paused, noticing how the men looked oddly at each other.

"Um… I really need to go there. So, if you guys don't mind…”

“No No No! After all is said and done, ya seriously still plan to go in!?” Voiced the muscled one in a panic, to which Xuelin gave out a nod in return.

The flirty guy opened his mouth to say something, but couldn’t say much when the silent one spoke up again.

"Since she wants to go, then let her go in."

Xuelin gave out a little smile and went over to the door, before they could change their mind. When she was about to turn the door handle, she seemed to recall something and asked the people behind her.

“Do you guys know what the key looks like?”

“You’re talking about the one for the locked room in the cellar?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“From what I have heard, it has a mossy green color and some kind of scary carving on it.”

“What? Wasn’t it made in gold, I heard the last holder of the key polished it until it was all shiny!”

“I might have seen it before and it was definitely not as fancy as ya guys are saying. Just an old bronze one. Why do ya ask, girl?”

“Oh, it’s just in case I find the key, I… should at least know what it looks like, right?” She laughed stiffly for a bit and then closed the door with a small mutter of thanks.

The ‘guards’ were silent for a moment before they resumed with the card game.

“That was definitely a lie.” Someone uttered, it was unknown who said those words, but they all secretly agreed to that in their heart.

--------

On the other side of the door, Xuelin has already casted a protecting spell on the door, while she will mainly use that to keep things out it was also possible to hold otherworldly things inside. A scented sachet was already tied on the door handle with four candles lit on each corner of the kitchen for extra security, as if to confirm that there was something odd nearby, the candle lights started to sway weirdly, although there was no wind.

A chill could be felt as muffled scratching noises were heard, it wasn’t loud at all, yet in this silence it was a sound hard to bear. The witch took a steady breath to calm her nerves and moved with slow footstep as she made her way to a hatch. Underneath it was where the real danger lay, although it wasn’t Xuelin’s first time to deal with what she assumed to be a ghost, she had never been alone with such a job before. By instinct, her hand stilled above the cellar door for she couldn’t help but hesitate.
    It was then she sensed some movement under her clothes and noticed a small paper figurine had picked out of her belt. All of a sudden, Xuelin felt the situation to be funny as she internally laughed at herself. She was so nervous that she had forgotten to borrow the help of her hidden friend.

Suddenly, urgent banging began to echo from below, letting her know shouldn’t waste more time. On one hand, the witch lifted up the door to the cellar, at the same time she held the figurine in her left hand to call forth a familiar. Fog like smoke blew out from the paper, materializing a snowy white fox, unlike a normal fox, the tip of its tail was a deep blue and its tail moved like flames. Her familiar cried out a cheery greeting, before it ran down to the room below, leaving a row of blue fireballs in the air for its owner to fellow.

The girl stared at those balls for a moment, before she opened her mouth. “Well… somehow, you managed to make it more creepy,” those words of criticism were left unheard as she went down at the stairs.

The chill from before became worse as she moved closer to the source, the dim lighting made her feel like the dark corner was even darker as if they all could hide something and jump at her later, not to mention how there was now a strange moaning voice mixing in with those constant scratching and banging sounds. It was so loud that Xuelin wasn’t sure if she was able to hear her own heartbeat, damp air and the blue light almost made her question whether she was still in the human realm.

At the end of the basement there was a very noticeable door, although it was made out of wood it still looks somewhat durable, it was only due to the nighty attack it had to suffer, that the door looks somewhat shabby now. As soon as Xuelin was within five meters of that door, all noises ceased to be… apart from a set of scratching sounds. The witch laid her gaze upon the culprit, but it didn’t stop and was still clawing at the poor door.

“Please stop,” she ordered, unsure of what to think of that furry friend of hers, of all things it could have done, it had to join with the thing on the other side to make such an awful sound. But then she realized just how eerie the sudden silence was, it was even worse now since she couldn’t use anything to predict when the climax would play out, instead she would have to endure the long and tense suspense of the unknown.

Unlike her visit during the day, the entrance to the locked room was actually open, the door was light to hold open as if it was eager to invite them in. However, the moment she did push it open, an awful scent busted out, taking over her sense of smell. Xuelin immediately placed a sleeve over her nose and backed away instinctively, a sense of disgust falling into her stomach. Although the witch couldn’t make out what is further inside the darkness, the bunch of rat corpses was enough to make her turn away, the mere thought of those rats may move was enough to make her skin crawl, neverminding touching them.

Before Xuelin could decide whether to back away for tonight, flames of blue had already made their way over the floor, burning the surrounding rat bodies into small piles of bones. Once again, the girl felt relief filled in her lungs as words of praise were mouthed to the fox. It was indeed much better to tread on bones than rotten meat of rodents, even so, she would rather avoid that if possible.

When Xuelin turned her attention back to the locked room, surreal flames danced at the center of the room, they casted a bluish glow in their surroundings. Nearby shadows flicked in between the furniture and items, seemingly to move in tact with those flames. The witch did notice how the place had become spookier, she sent a brief glance of skepticism to the fox before she stepped in, the door then suddenly slammed itself shut, this time locked unlike moments ago.

A dull pain took a hold of her left arm, letting Xuelin know that the being in here was evil enough for her curse to react to it. The girl looked around for that being, but the ghostly aura in this room was so thick that she felt a difficulty in breathing. It was first when she felt a sudden tightening to her neck that Xuelin realized she was being choked, the next thing she knew was that her feets weren't touching the floor anymore.

To this attack of its owner, the familiar reacted with a cry of anger and flicked its tail, sending many balls of fire towards the enemy, yet only a few managed to hit the ghostly figure while the rest was clawed away. That being laughed in a broken manner behind its victim, enjoying her desperate struggle as she tried to loosen its grip on her neck. Its victim muttered something between each breath she took, yet the ghost ignored the utterance of its victim, it only held her closer to itself ready to kill her… But then, it felt a sudden burst of burning pain, along with the pain, flames of white appeared from its gripping hand and instantly spread out to engulf its ghostly existence.
    Shril shrieks resounded as Xuelin roughly fell on to the ground, although she was finally settled free, the girl couldn’t help but cough from her aching neck. The ghost however, didn’t want to let her rest, so it swung its sharp nails towards her, only to be stopped by an invisible wall. As it turns out, the wall was a barrier which the witch had settled up, she used a floating talisman to serve as a medium and casted a spell to protect herself.

In the main while, the familiar immediately ran over to its master, it did so without forgetting to deliver a tail wisp to the ghost. That caused the flames of blue to mix the white, further tormenting the offender even more, in its raging pain the ghost trashed the things around it, breaking some stuff in the process before it became too weak and fled away. A few seconds later, a frightening scream came out from the kitchen and then it just stopped.

“Seems like it’s over,” the girl voiced out her thoughts as she sighed in relief. Still weakened from a recent death grip, Xuelin decided to take a short break, it wasn’t like she had much energy to chase a ghost anyway.
    The witch looked around, she figured out the locked room was something like a storage room, however the items that could be found were strange things of unknown origin, she judged whoever used to own this place couldn’t be normal either. In fact, that person could be something like a necromancer, judging by the ghost’s existence and its evil nature.

When there wasn’t much more to see, Xuelin did a last check on the door before she went out. What she managed to confirm was that the door wasn't different from how it was earlier this evening. Yes, in fact the door never had a keyhole to begin with, yet there have been many people claiming to have seen the key before, it was rather scary considering that no one has ever given the same description of that elusive key… and it only adds on another mystery to this case.

When Xuelin climbed back up to the kitchen, she discovered a wooden box was lying on the ground and guessed that the ghost must have dropped it. The girl picked it up and placed it on a counter for now, she then moved on to the kitchen door to check the sachet tied to its handle.

“Good, seems like I managed to trap it,” the witch nodded to herself as she held a little glass bottle in her palm. Inside that bottle, a black shadow seems to be trapped inside the glass, it tried to escape but it was to no avail. Xuelin placed the sealed ghost back into the sachet and then slipped them both inside her handbag.

The next step was now to check out the box of mystery, but it was locked and she didn't have the key to open it. Whatever was in this box was probably very important for the owner, since that ghost was probably made into a guardian for this box, it was very likely a bone from that ghost was inside the box as well.

And so, it seemed like Xuelin could finally end this night adventure. Hopefully, she will be able to sleep for a few hours...
    Please do not break or force the box open as it seems to have casted on it. In fact, the box used to have a strong ghost as its guardian so I recommend to find the matching key to open it.

Likewise with the box, don't break or carelessly touch the items in the former locked room, its advised to find an expert to check out them out.
    @Haxagen

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  12. Jeanette

Jeanette Lemo's wife, Anra's heroine, Aliceshiki's Kouhai

Reading List:
    Link
    "So your taking your first solo quest huh, I doubt I'd need to say this but please be careful." The receptionist handed me a slip to give to the mayor when I arrived there.
    "Thank you sir~" I left as the receptionist called for the next person in line. Ah I wonder if this will be interesting~ Heading off the ship and to the town it was pretty uneventful, some fish eating smaller fish, merchant ships doing trade, some humans doing wrestling in the bushes~ all pretty uneventful~

When I arrived at a gate a pair of guards looked me over but stopped when I presented the slip for them to inspect~
    "Alright you can go in miss." He seemed quite young and his face was quite red~ I wonder if he's sick with a cold? How cruel of this town to make him work hmm~

Arriving at the town hall I was let in to the mayor's office, Where I waited for a bit till he came in after knocking
    "Apologies for the wait, So your the adventurer that has taken the quest? I'd like to ask you what you'd be doing to help raise morale." While he talked he took off his coat and placed it on his chair.

"Then~ Can I sing then~?" I looked around the office as I asked, It seemed quite plain but what stood out was an ornate sword that hung over the fireplace. They Mayor sat in the chair and responded "Alright, demonstrate your ability to me first." He sat back as I gave him a sample song, after a few seconds he seemed to be in quite a good mood.

"Alright I agree to accept you for this task." He grabbed a slip, wrote some stuff on it, then handed it to me. "That's important, There is a bar in town that the guards go to the most so that slip I just gave you gives you a free reservation there." I nodded along while waiting for anything further~

"Well Then~" I said in askance
    "You can go now, I'll gather some of the men to send to the bar to relax in an hour or two." I nodded and left the office to the tavern. When I arrived at the tavern it was surprisingly clean, of course it seemed to be busy too but there seemed to be a shadow of anxiety on half the people's faces. The other half seemed to be excited and ready to rumble though.

After asking around I was led to the bar's owner who read the slip and gave me the stage to demonstrate my ability~ When I finished singing a song the bar owner was quite thrilled and made sure that I was given enough to eat and drink~

The hours passed by as I leisurely relaxed and the guards came in, Let's count~
    2~ 4~ 6~ 12~ 24~
    After they finished coming in I went to the stage and sang the song I knew best~ The one I sang in the infirmary~

After Finishing their was silence
    Then
    Clap Clap Clap
    One person clapping spurred the crowd to clap
    "More songs miss!" The crowd wanted and so I obliged~
    The words flowed from my mouth spreading to everyone's ears, While Food and Drink were freely eaten along with drunken attempts to sing along~
    After another hour or so I finished up and left, For my extra efforts the bar owner gave me a jar of jam, a small bag of dried fish, and a small cup sized barrel of aged whisky. After I rested for a bit I met up with the mayor who seemed pleased and handed me another slip~
    And so I went back~ The journey uneventful~ Fish eating other fish~ More trading going on~ and the couple from earlier who was wrestling in the bushes being chased by an angry woman with a slipper~

GamingIce and AliceShiki like this.