Discussion Luo's Book Club (C-novels)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by luoxinle, Feb 2, 2022.

?

What novel should we read in September?

1. Cannon Fodder Fake Master Was Stunned After Being Reborn

2. Source Of Calamity

3. Outrageous

4. The Legend of Sun Knight

5. No vote

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Eccentricstate

Eccentricstate ❀ Face-Slapping Champion ❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we suggest books not on the list? I’d like to read Copper Coins :blobxd: It’s on my next to read

xiao Yi, DojaDoge and luoxinle like this.
  2. writtenforcup

writtenforcup i wanna fffff

Reading List:
    Link
    don't hide from me seems pretty interesting but i saw that it wasn't complete

luoxinle and DojaDoge like this.
  3. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    We have one more week to read June's novel, so it's time to vote on our novel for July! I don't know about you all, but I am in the mood for something completely different.

Our choices:
    Like Pearl and Jade - a BG novel set in Ancient China with a doting ML (98 chapters)
    The Emperor Has an Illness - a BG novel set in Ancient China with a doting ML (63 chapters)
    Give You Two Green Hats - a world-hopping BL with a lot of face slapping (115 chapters)
    Her Mountain, Her Sea - a sweet GL school life romance set in modern day China (81 chapters)
    Rebirth of the Pampered Wife's Daily Life - a short and sweet rebirth BG novel (24 chapters)
    I'm not voting this month - maybe you like every novel on the list, maybe you don't like any of them; maybe you're too busy to read next month, or maybe you're just to busy to vote; this choice is for you!

@asriu @ChocolatChan @Eccentricstate @ExiledMage @Kaylee @LazyWalnut @Mental waifu @MsEliteNEET @mYboiS @Nana24 @Neverthelessilu @ReaderReader @rialm @Szara @ToastedRossi @writtenforcup

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    mYboiS, asriu, DojaDoge and 3 others like this.
  4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might finish Ming dynasty this week or few days if I dont read any other novels.

I think, I might have read Rebirth of the Pampered Wife’s Daily Life but dont remember anything.
    Her Mountain, Her Sea What's this about? School life romance?
    The Emperor Has an Illness The summary doesnt inspire to read lol

5. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Her Mountain, Her Sea has a relatively minimal (useless) summary, but I found the reviews helpful. I gather it's a school life romance between two characters with Tragic Pasts.

I've been trying really hard to include some GL in the options I post, but there's just not as much out there.

I added Rebirth of the Pampered Wife's Daily Life to the list this month because I thought some folks might like a much shorter novel after Back to the Beginning of Ming.

Hopefully one of the novels on the list interests you, but you can always vote for "no vote".

DojaDoge likes this.
  6. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    writtenforcup and DojaDoge like this.
  7. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
  8. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Announcements

Our book group will be 6 months old in just a couple weeks (I can't believe it!), so I'd like to make some announcements about the future of the group.

• For our 1 year anniversary in February, I will organize a zoom meeting for anyone who wants to talk about the books. Let me know if you have suggestions for how to make that meeting the best it can be.
    • I tag everyone who has commented that they want to join the book group when it's time to vote or when there are announcements, and I use that list to see how many people have voted and whether folks might need a reminder. If you would like to stop being tagged, please just let me know. You are still welcome to read our books and join our book discussions. You do not need to be a member of the book group to discuss novels with us. That's why I create an open discussion thread. You are also still welcome to vote if you are excited to read one of our books. When I take you off the tagged list, I will unfollow you, but that's just to make it easier for me to keep track of who I need to tag, and not a comment on my feelings towards you. We're all friends here!
    • I choose books I want to read because I put a lot of energy into reading and commenting on every book and responding to everyone's comments. If you would like to read a book that I'm not interested in, and are willing to "moderate" the comment thread by commenting as you read and responding to other people's comments, let me know. I'll add your book to the poll, and if/when it gets chosen, you'll be in charge for that month.
    • Thank you all for joining me in this book group! It has brought me a lot of joy, and I love reading and chatting with all of you.

@asriu @ChocolatChan @Eccentricstate @ExiledMage @Kaylee @LazyWalnut @Mental waifu @MsEliteNEET @mYboiS @Nana24 @Neverthelessilu @ReaderReader @rialm @Szara @ToastedRossi @writtenforcup

9. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    Congratulations! You have worked so hard! Thank you!

luoxinle likes this.
  10. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    How are folks liking this month's book (Give You Two Green Hats)? We have a lively discussion going on in the comment thread. Folks are also still discussing last month's book (Back to the Beginning of Ming), so feel free to join that discussion too!

It's time to vote again! Our options this month:

The Emperor Has an Illness - BG ancient China novel about an Emperor whose migraines and impotency are magically cured by the MC's scent. Features a jealous but doting and faithful ML, and a scheming harem (63 chapters)
    Her Mountain, Her Sea - a sweet school life GL romance set in modern China with MC and FL supporting each other to recover from tragic pasts (81 chapters)
    Rebirth of the Pampered Wife's Daily Life - a short and sweet rebirth BG novel (24 chapters)
    She is the Protagonist - a sweet GL transmigration novel in which the MC and FL rebel against the system (210 chapters)
    He's Mine, No Objections Allowed - modern BG with comedic undertones set in the entertainment industry. MC sets out to change her reputation after playing all villain characters in order to chase ML. (68 chapters)

asriu, Eccentricstate and DojaDoge like this.
  11. DojaDoge

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your hard work. It's much appreciated.

luoxinle likes this.
  12. xiao Yi

xiao Yi I told you to forget me but you stayed by my side.

Reading List:
    Link
    Leaving a mark here so I will be updated ~\(≧▽≦)/~

13. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! You're just in time to vote for next month's novel!

Please introduce yourself: what kind of novels do you like to read? What are some of your favorites? Do you have any favorite tags, genres, or tropes?

xiao Yi likes this.
  14. xiao Yi

xiao Yi I told you to forget me but you stayed by my side.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, everyone. I am XiaoYigege, you can call me Xiao Yi or gege, if you feel younger than me (~_^)

I am into danmei or chinese bl. No specific genre, tags or trope, I just avoid tragic ending and character abuse.
    I also like to write reviews and rec list to past the time.

You also don't have to worry since I also read BG. Not all the time, but it depends on the story. I have a lot of chinese BG in my list.

Nice meeting y'all ~\(≧▽≦)/~
    Enjoy reading ^.^

DojaDoge, Eccentricstate and luoxinle like this.
  15. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,
    Can you also include I Became The Step Mother of My Ex Husband in this list? I'm currently reading this novel and it's really interesting:blobmelt:

luoxinle and DojaDoge like this.
  16. DojaDoge

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a good book. IMHO, it's better than Greetings, Ninth Uncle. Did you read It's Better to be Empress Dowager? That one is my favorite. The author is one of my favorites.

luoxinle likes this.
  17. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    I try not to change the poll once I've posted it because it makes things hard for folks who aren't watching this thread and rely on my tagging them for voting time, but I can add it to next month's poll.

DojaDoge likes this.
  18. AsteriaHenituse

AsteriaHenituse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could I still join?, but as for me joining this I also love discussing about the books I'm reading as i have no one around who has the same interest and has no one to take it out onto, I'm not that active since I'm reading most of the day and I kinda don't know how to use novelupdates, I'd probably just rant in here about the novels and vent it all out so do bear with me

DojaDoge, luoxinle and xiao Yi like this.
  19. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, welcome! You are just in time to vote in the poll for the novel we will read in August. Here's a description and links to the novels we're choosing between: August's Options.

Check out the first post in the thread for an explanation of how the book group works, including a how-to on using spoiler tags.

Finally, please introduce yourself! What are some of your favorite books, tropes, genres, etc. What are you reading now or planning to read next?

20. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Impotency...:sweating_profusely: Lmao and it's short too
    I vote for this one:blob_plusone:

Yes, I came from there. It's Better to be the Empress Dowager is really good. I was looking for something similar after finishing IBTBTED and someone suggested IBTSMOMEH... So far I'm enjoying it

DojaDoge likes this.