News CKTalon to move to Qidian with TMW and AC

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by thedorkishguy, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revenantone

revenantone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i didnt create a new account to flame him, i already had this account but no reason to use it before hand. however you say he did a contribution? where? and if you say the novels he has translated then does that mean MTL has contributed to translation no no it hasnt thats just a lazy answer, heres the facts he betrayed WW while working with them after they took flak for helping him yet is thick skinned enough to hope to continue posting on WW till he moves to qidian fact is he already bent over for qidian what poeple say about him he diserves and if poeple die hard support him without questioning him then maybe theres more poeple with mental problems then i initially thought.

gorlax likes this.
  2. iamgboy08

iamgboy08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when tasteful things stopped being free,. it became bland,. as long as it's free then fine,. but if there's a chance that i cant finish them all because the latter part need's to be payed, then i'd rather stop trying now.,

3. revenantone

Reading List:
    Link
    since someone*cough* decided to say im only here to flame talon lets get into the facts shall we. Qidian has been Blatantly using these forums as a hosting ground for propaganda campaigns using thier own tlers editors and employees to make themselves look good while bashing others yet not a single thing has been done about it when propaganda is agianst these forums rules. This alone made me look into things alittle further then i noticed several mods actually posted in those threads yet couldnt be bothered to answer reports against qidian using the site as that.... hmm wouldnt this mean one or two have been baught to allow qidian to do whatever they want on these forums? does qidian now own NU?

Mangochic and gorlax like this.
  4. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    If Ren and the WW team doesn't have a problem with him using Wuxiaworld as a platform though he may move to Qidian, then I don't see a problem lol.

Honestly, I think people should let those who are actually involved in this matter deal with it. It's easy to criticise someone when we don't know much about the matter.
    NU is neutral.

As for Qi bashing others and making themselves look good, and all of that being against the rules...

Aren't there people bashing Qidian as well? So should we just go ahead and ban all the Qidian bashers as well as the WW bashers too?

Your idea that the mods have been paid by Qidian is ridiculous lol. If they truly had been paid, then they could have done far more to support Qidian.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  5. gorlax

gorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not matter actualy it just talon looklike an oportunist or maybe a backstaber.the way he move to ww and latter want move to qi if have a good contact and thing on reddit that just make him look bad

6. Uno

Uno ฅ Holy Lurker ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang its the strong eats the weak thing?

Agreed and I never liked/read AC and giving up TMW

7. revenantone

Reading List:
    Link
    theres a difference between bashing others and using propaganda to pull curiosity from NU members to thier site the mods have allowed qidian almost full reign here to do as they please. they pm others bashing them and harrassing them yet if anyone says something serius about qidian what were all at fault for being agianst thier practices? doesnt that seem pretty one sided? thats like saying if mods have to do thier job and enforce anything twords qidian then they also gunna ban a bunch of others so we an cover our arses.

8. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    For you,
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threa...staff-abusing-power.38661/page-3#post-2081525

Not gonna quote the mod directly, cos he's the hot blooded type that would get really upset if he saw what you're suggesting the mods are doing lol.

And you aren't being coherent enough. Who's doing the bashing, and who's doing the propaganda? I'm assuming your saying that Qidian's using propaganda to promote their site? So you don't have a problem with the bashing then?

It's not like other sites can promote their stuff here. Even the mods have promoted stuff from other sites!! Just a while ago, a mod promoted Wuxiaworld. Would someone paid by Qidian do this?
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/wuxiaworlds-cheesy-video.39594/

Or would a paid mod make a long post like this one to support Wuxiaworld and volare during the Gravity Tales mess, especially seeing that Qidian tried to use that need to malign WW?
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threa...novels-moving-here.31173/page-39#post-1336363

Plus, the reports can be read by all the mods, so Qidian would have to pay off most, if not all the mods. Or avoid that by paying off the site owner Tony instead. And if you're saying Tony has been paid...lmao. That guy isn't even interested in reading novels anymore and only takes care and updates the site cos he's happy seeing the response to the site by the NuF readers. Just look at the value of NU's website on a website value calculator. He'd make quite a bit of cash selling the website. If Qidian really did own the website and they secretly paid him off, then it would take them quite a few years to make the English Qidian site make a profit for them if they paid such a huge amount.

9. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, who are you saying is pming and harassing others? Qidian? The mods? Or someone else?

If Qidian is the one doing the PMing and harassing, then did they do that on NuF? If yes, could you show me a screenshot or image or thread that talks about that?

And are you seriously saying that the mods are against people saying stuff against Qidian? Just check threads. Plenty of hate against Qidian. If the moda were against all of that, none of the threads would have existed and people would not be able to still talk about how they hate Qidian. Why would the mods not take action against the OP's of such anti Qidian threads? They paid them too?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  10. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's 33%.
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/webnovel.com

Damyabo likes this.
  11. cvquake

cvquake Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    90% is quite a high number.

Even WuxiaWorld doesn't have that high percentage of referral from NU.
    Volare:
    GravityTales
    I think the numbers from alexa represent a more realistic and balanced stats. 90% is just too huge to be believable unless you're a small website with little global reach.

Archaic pickle likes this.
  13. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Or could be it's a newer series, and people aren't searching it elsewhere at this point (small amount of chapters?)

Aiiee, MadHatter and Wujigege like this.
  14. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    QI already has the shittiest rep ever here from all of the direct hate projected at it., all of which are right in the open for all to see, and have been there for a while already.
    Seriously, just look around.
    I find it fair, and the mods have allowed us to express our feelings out loud.
    @Jaded has said everything else.
    Please, don't use examples like that without even looking around. I geniunely feel like you just pulled that out of your ass, really I do, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. :unsure:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  15. cvquake

cvquake Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't have to find it believable or not, I'm just telling you as it is. :) It's probably a little different for Wuxiaworld because they've already got their own established visitor base who visit there instead of NU. But for other sites, where else would they search for it? Where else would people know you've posted new chapters? Reddit brings in a few people, a bit more for popular series. All the rest is trickles. My series isn't popular, but nothing's changed from the day I started to now when it's getting about a million hits a month.

Btw Alexa is a guestimate, not an actual measure unless you pay them to put their own script and display your real numbers. Page visited before isn't the same as referral either (referral being people who clicked on a link somewhere else to come to your site). Start a translation and give it a try. From my experience with website in other sectors, even entreprise grade websites, referral often comes 90% from a single place for something niche.

So yes NU is central to QI until they can gain a reader base big enough and loyal to use their app's (eventual) push notification instead of NU, and find a reader base much wider than NU, which from their alexa numbers they haven't yet. :)

MadHatter likes this.
  16. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    @cvquake I believe Reddit have as much exposure as NU. There's a lot of people who read their novels over there.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  17. gorlax

gorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I bilieve a week ago or more 90% from nu now down to 33%

18. YunsmoothChe

YunsmoothChe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Utterly and completely Savage and absolutely true as well.

badMal likes this.
  19. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First I apologize for accusing you creating new account to attack CK. My mistake there.

But your opinion that MTL contributing to TL world is the same like saying burping contribute to the music world.

The level of dedication, knowledge and effort can't be compared.

You say that he betray WW? What promise did he broke? Is there any post that he said he won't move to QI?

For me, it is the opposite. CK wish to get his transalation legal is something that he already state since GT. His move to WW is also based on the high possibility WW obtaining the right (which may become reality if not for the QI-WW fiasco)

You can feel dissapointed, angry, sad or even feel betrayed.

But you have no ground accusing CK betray WW. If you want to insult, have proof. If not then it defamation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.