[Poll] Would you or your spouse give birth?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 12, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you prefer that you or your spouse give childbirth?

1. I'm male - I would prefer to give birth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm male - I would prefer my spouse to give birth

24 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. I'm male - We would adopt

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. I'm male - Don't want babies

10 vote(s)
    13.5%
  5. I'm male - I'm unsure

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. I'm female - I would prefer to give birth

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. I'm female - I would prefer my spouse to give birth

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  8. I'm female - We would adopt

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. I'm female - Don't want babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I'm female - I'm unsure

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  11. I'm not interested in marriage/relationships

10 vote(s)
    13.5%
  12. I do not wish to answer

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My future spouse (a woman that will stay a woman) will deliver after I supply!

Deleted member 185804 likes this.
  2. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to get pregnant so i will find a partner who would willingly bear me a child.

Innieminnie likes this.
  3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering that I have a body that for various reasons makes me worried that the danger is increased more than average in my case—for example, my hips turn inward more than average, and can’t turn outward as much as most people can—I’d probably prefer my husband to do it, especially since he’s healthier in general than me.

Innieminnie likes this.
  4. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man up and give birth you fucking wimps! (...just to clarify, I'm a wimp and I'm proud of it.)

felidormit and Innieminnie like this.
  5. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    being a tentacle monster i multiply via binary fission desu

Arcturus and Innieminnie like this.
  6. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    1) I'm scared of pain when birthing, but I wouldn't be against it.
    2) my pain tolerance is high enough for me to need to roll on the bed for a couple of days every cycle
    3)4) I like children, so I would be likely to want to get closer to them, but I'd like equal responsibility. my mum always told me how hard it was to take care of me while my dad worked.

Innieminnie likes this.
  7. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    It probably has some strange scientific term, but seahorses are called males even when they give birth, dont remember why.
    In this case the male/female is probably distinguish by your sex in the past life (the poll said you are transmigrated) and maybe by whether you look male or female.

To answer to the poll wuestions, I have terrible fear of blood and pain, so i would hate to give birth (i dont understand how women would want to). So if we wanted kids I would probably beg my spouse to give birth, though if they didn't want to i would be fine with no kids (dont want em that much) or adopting

Draakon and Innieminnie like this.
  8. palaraya

palaraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's vote and make @lychee sama satisfied or we all will suffer.

9. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man! If only this were real! I'd be able to give my mom blood related grandkids!

1. Would you or your spouse volunteer to give birth?
    Hahahaha, not me- No Way.
    Him/her or the highway, baby.

2. How is your pain tolerance?
    Actually not so bad, it's just the knowing that gets to me. I cry more out of knowing something painful is coming than the actual pain.

3. Suppose that the party who gives childbirth will inevitably end up having a closer bond to the infant baby afterwards. Would this influence your desire/repulsion towards having the baby?
    If they get the baby, I want the dog.

4. Would you want you or your spouse to play a bigger role in taking care of an infant? Or equivalent?
    Equivalent, actually I'd be willing to do all the drudge work if they gave birth for me. Our child's not going to grow up spoiled either, so I guess I'd also take bad parent too :blobrofl:

:blobdrool:

Brave tiger. I'll be in the viewing room as ya'll both have a go at squeezing a watermelon out of a small hole. :blobpopcorn_cool:

....:blobpopcorn_two:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2019
    Pyoo and Tilgarial like this.
  10. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    1. for the me right now, i would want my spouse to give birth. But, if i was born and raised in that world then i would probably volunteer.
    2. I think my pain tolerance is pretty good
    3. I think it wouldn't. Whether the kid is closer to my spouse or me doesn't matter. It's not like it's a competition, and i wouldn't want to sour our relationship just because of that.
    4. I would see who does a better job. If i am better at taking care of the kid then i would want to play a bigger role and vice versa

Pyoo and lychee like this.
  11. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno if I’m weird, but I’m definitely on the yes pregnancy side. I’d want it because in my head it’s sort of a phenomenon of human life, and kind of also something that our species (and ancestors) have done for billions of years — and sort of amazing or awe-striking in a way.

Maybe I’m more attracted to it because I’m not sure if I’ll be able to have my own :blobcry: So there’s that psychology thing of missing something more in the absence.

And I’ve also heard that carrying a child for 9 months is an irreplaceable bonding experience for the mother/child — so I think about that too.

I mean, yeah, it’s terrifying. It’s painful and I know it like destroys the mother’s body, but I feel like I’m not afraid of pain. But then again, I would say I’m not really afraid of death either, and morbid things are my favorite things. XD The biological changes (weakened abdominal wall, prolapse, etc.) give me the most pause, actually.

But I would want it, although I guess that’s just me.

Tilgarial likes this.
  12. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont really want to have children, too many kids up for adoption. Also my honor from earth would stop me from bearing children.

13. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    ...yah, I didnt even think about that.
    But the rules included making it equally painful as for the regular birthgiving gender, so that 'd be dealt with... somehow!!

:aww:*nod nod*

I dont know if thats for all mothers, but even if, through staying healthy, you can do a lot of difference~
    ...though, in a serious case, that probably isnt enough? *headtilt*

Also, it's probably not jusz you. I doubt thr human race could survive if it were xD

Innieminnie and lychee like this.
  14. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Giving birth is not a Hallmark of being biologically female. It has everything to do with what gamete is produced by the body (basically egg or sperm).

Innieminnie and icerror like this.
  15. icerror

icerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Either works. Would much prefer if it's not me.
    2. Medium-high.
    3. It doesn't matter to me. The kid is still mine, even if I didn't physically bleed for him.
    4. Equal.
    Yeah, seahorses come to mind for male pregnancy. Not sure if there's any other.

16. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    To each their own, I admire youe dedication. All women who plan to give birth and are informed of what go into it ARE awe inspiring. They know exactly what's going to happen to them, but do it anyway. Those people are most deserving of children in my opinion, so I think you'll make an amazing parent.

I rather thought that not having children is the odd thing though, but maybe that's just the area I live in. :p

17. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay for the same sex couple σ(≧ε≦σ) ♡

lychee likes this.
  18. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Im mentally preparing for it rn so i guess i want to do it
    Just like @Effugium if i was raised there i might think differently, like wanting my partner to do it or deciding to do it in turns
    2. Ehm not sure. Im a wimp, but tolerance wise is okay. Expecting the pain is what makes it worse tho
    3. It probably would because im competitive :blobsweat_2:
    4. Equal amt! My husband should be close with the baby and should do his share of taking care of the baby!
    The traditional female at home male at work scheme is no longer fully applicable anyway, so if both are at work, both should be at home

lychee likes this.
  19. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Assuming I had a spouse is hard... There is something really wrong here... I don't know how it could have happened... Or what is going on... The best I can think of... I just sort of woke up and found out I had somehow inadvertently gotten married to someone... but... who? why? seriously... how?

But... If were going to have a kid... then... who ever she is, she must be some rather dominant personality, and all this having a kid stuff must be her! and I am just the wimp who couldn't find a way to say No! strongly enough... no other way to explain this... :rolleyes:

1. I don't think I would volunteer to give birth... But if my unknown spouse has managed to push me this far... I don't know... What could she do? :eek:

2. I don't know... I don't recall many physically painful experiences that would give me any real ideas...

3-4. Don't know... I have never seriously contemplated having kids... Its not realistic prospect... so... no... I don't know...