Question What happen to Returning from immortal world chapters?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by wrobe06117, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrobe06117

wrobe06117 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So as the title says. I cant find any new chapters anymore, I stop reading it for a few months to try and stock up some chapter but when I checked today I cant find any more chapter on it.

2. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link

3. readerX

readerX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same fate as Demon Diary? I didn't see them on Qidian International either.
    Something like Qidian International pretend to have english license but they actually don't have permission from original author?
    Then author foundout and they have to remove it :ROFLMAO:

4. wrobe06117

Reading List:
    Link
    what did QI do exactly?

5. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    no idea as I don't read on qidian nor gravity, but it was some time ago that I stumbled across the thread from which I quoted the above comment. Your best bet would be to use the search feature for Returning from the Immortal or gravity tales and look up some of the threads, as I assume that the possible answer for your question is hidden in one of them.

6. lisianthus

lisianthus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it at lnmtl the novel are completed already

7. wrobe06117

Reading List:
    Link
    is it readable? most lnmtl i read made my brain hurt.

8. checkm8

checkm8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WN unexpectedly deleted the novel from GT, while the TL was in the hospital recovering from surgery, and refused to communicate the reason for several weeks.

Here is a post from Udeze the translator on his patron in early November;

QUOTE: Hey guys, due to the issue that happened with QI taking down RFTIW from GT without notice we'll be asking for you to stop the pledges because Udeze is not sure whether he will continue translating for them anymore until he gets an answer for this. This happened to not just us, and there's been no response from the person in charge. We need an explanation, whether it was just an accident or on purpose. Anyway, we ask that you stop pledging until this matter is solved. Thank you for the patience, Leo and Udeze.
    Then about a week later on Discord:
    First of all, I want to apologize for the late reply and without any communication about the status of RFTIW all this while. I have to inform all of you that I have no say in this matter as I'm nothing but only a not important translator. I just had my WN account approved a couple days ago and also had uploaded RFTIW chapters up to 774. However, I don't know when will I be allowed to publish them nor do I know whether WN still want me to translate the series. Regardless, I'm already prepared for both eventualities, though I do want to finish the work that I've started. But then again, what QI did was a kind of insult to me, so I'm also considering the offer from some other sites to join them. That aside, I want to thank you for the support you've been given all this time (all readers in general), though I admit that I rarely comment and reply to readers due to my activities in real life. Translating for money is never my intention in the first place since what I do in real life is far more than enough to support me and my family of four. To be honest, I already told WN management that I don't care if they don't pay me as long as I'm free to translate what I like (RFTIW and GDC) since I want to improve myself in Mandarin and English fluency--the very reason why I joined translation scene back then and until now. Words sometimes are not enough to express everything one has in mind. But I don't feel the need to curse or lash out my anger to QI/WN or their representatives either. Everything can happen in life. I'm already 40-years-old and it's not like I have zero experience in dealing with ups and down in life, including dealing with Chinese companies. Nonetheless, translating RFTIW, reading readers' comments and critics, all of them weaved a great journey and I enjoyed it, but I'm ready to close the chapter of this slice of life and move on.
    Edit: Last Sunday (1/6) Udeze posted this on discord:
    I may not be able to continue translating the series as QI own the rights/license. Also, I dunno what plan they have regarding the novel. I'm pretty much in the dark as everyone else​

Edit Edit: I missed this post from Udeze here on NU that talked about him stepping completely away from RFTIW. https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/returning-from-the-immortal-world.18911/page-8#post-4519493

TL DR; Typical WN mismanagement & miscommunication

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    ignition-one and Jaspaaar like this.
  9. lisianthus

lisianthus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me yes its readable, except newly added one that need retranslate, for easier lnmtl u need to learn basic mandarin word :v if u notice in lnmtl there are some different word colours that word are retranslated

10. Deleted member 153674

Deleted member 153674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Udeze

Udeze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Devil_Cry
    I never liked drama and neither have I made things bigger than it should be. Still I have to speak my piece here.

I did sign the contract to translate RFTIW with GT, which was then extended to WN after the changes in management. But taking down the series I was working on without any notice when I was hospitalized was insulting to me, especially when I had informed everyone that I was going to have a surgery. Was it happened on purpose, mistake, miscommunication, or whatever? Maybe, but I didn't want to dig more further as I had reached out to their representative (the official one) to ask about that; and yet no definitive answer until now.

Also, on WN part, they already paid all the chapters I had uploaded even though I still didn't get the answer. And whether anyone would believe it or not, 90% of the money I had earned from translation went to the orphanages and social charities I've been supporting for years. What I do in real life earn me an income that is far more than I can earn from translation, hence why translating for money was never my intention in the first place.

At the end of the day, what's done is done and I already spoke to the Webnovel's representative that I quit the series. I don't have the ability or the intention to unbreak the broken, neither do I want to unsay the words that have been spoken. I apologize for being unable to keep my promise to finish the series, but I do sincerely hope that WN can find other translators who would be willing to continue translating it.

Kman, checkm8, bkwusa and 2 others like this.
  12. Deleted member 153674

Deleted member 153674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you Sir for clarify things to this lowly one ( As you are a good translator and a good person you replied this noob ) English is my 3rd language and I don't know how to choose appropriate words but I just want to say I was truly hurt when WN did this kind of thing.

I was truly expecting that Sir you will complete this novel because I was reading this novel at GT for sometime and chapters were coming everyday. Now WN ruined everything :-(

Sir, I hope you will be good and healthy :-D and hope you will pick another novel to tranlsate :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.