Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys are there any spoilers for this book? cause i heard somewhere that Maine gets adopted to a noble family at one point and is engaged to someone? Does she get estranged from her family and lutz? what about her business to make paper? :eek:

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Raw link: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n4830bu/
    • Part 1: Daughter of a Soldier
    • Part 2: Apprentice Shrine Maiden
    • Part 3: Adopted Daughter of an Archduke
    • Part 4: Founder of the Royal Academy's So-Called Library Committee
    • Part 5: Avatar of a Goddess
    She already became mahou shoujo in Part 2 Part 2 during the trombe extermination arc and she got her 1st loyal knight and planted the seed for her enemies.
    At the end of Part 2 Myne "died" and Rozemyne was "born" as a noble daughter

The magic school arc started from Part 4.

The blessings would be in Part 5.

Note: Spoiler up to thread #138.
    - She quickly chose Eglantine to be the next Zent.
    - She made Eglantine promise that she would raise anyone who would win the the book Grutrissheit fairly - essentially dissolving the monarchy—> not sure about this - it was confusing in MTL
    - She and Ferdinand took over Ahrensbach and renamed it Alexandria to build a great library where she and Ferdinand ruled as fellow Aubs.

Eglantine hated wars and strife due to the trauma that the civil war left her. However, she kept running away from her responsibilities and foisted it on the MC. Allowed Sigiswald to send Rozemyne to live in a building that was essentially a former high class brothel for Royalty since no fights meant no conflict in her mind.

Sigiswald was a royal Wilfried. Eglantine’s husband is a yandere simp. The youngest didn’t have life mana. Eglantine at least tried to visit the shrines and temples which is one of the requirements. (I’m still questioning why the MC chose her since she was the one who used Ferdinand to become a hostage.)
    To be updated

A YouTube’r named Trash Tier wifu does a huge light novel deep dive and would recommend subscribing to him since he does great work.
    The links below are volumes 1-5. I tried to add up to volume 7 because it thoroughly covers seasons 1-3 in the anime with a lot more backstory/lore in the side stories. But would recommend to his whole playlist. Which he has now covered up to volume 15. Just warning anyone if you think you are going for some light spoilers this isn’t that. This is DEEP spoilers. This is close you’re going to get without reading actual material yourself. He actually has everything organized in a playlist on his channel.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    Am_elf and Lola_Neres like this.
  3. name_hmm

name_hmm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah.. she gets adopted by noble family that is lord of the city..(or something don't remember read long time ago, anyway pretty high-up and strong person) because of her OP magic and otherworldly ideas.
    When being adopted her previous identity is removed and declared dead, instead she is given new name( Rosemaine I think, dont remember full name)
    Being a noble she can not meet her family, but she still contacts them through lutz and benno whom she has contact, as they open company for paper(named Gutenberg -_-) and another products that she comes up with.

4. Yumika12345

Reading List:
    Link
    AWWW :cry::cry: thats soo sad. Does her adopted family at least treat her well? Who does she get engaged to? Thanks for the spoilers :)

5. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read this, though i am far from finishing it, but she gets adopted by the knight captain/commander which is a senior aristocrat. She initially wasn't supposed to be adopted though because the chief priest of the temple told the family that she maybe executed one day as she won't be able to control her magic thus making her a threat to the safety of the town/capital. So they reluctantly agreed that she would be adopted in her 10th bday, that was the oldest age that she can still remain as a commoner, however due to her tremendous power being circulated in other territories, she was susceptible to kidnappings by other noble. Till one day, that a noble tried to kidnap her inside the temple that resulted to her father and tory's injuries that she retaliated to protect her father, aide, and bodyguard against that noble. Unfortunately, a commoner attacking a noble is a crime punishable by death along with her whole family and aides, so she has no choice but to be adopted that same day.

For now, i have only read till that part.

6. Yumika12345

Reading List:
    Link
    POOR MAINE:cry::cry::cry: hope shes happy with the noble family at least. and thanks for the spoilers. i heard this was gonna be a slow build up but what was the chapter where shit hits the roof?

7. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it was really heart breaking in that scene, there was also another sad scene in the earliest chapters where she had to tell her family of her sickness, devouring, and back then as she was still not rich, she can only extend her life for a year..

What kind of happening are you talking about? The adoption ritual? That would be at 165, the end of that arc was at chapter 171, then it will be the 2nd arc, about her life as the saughter of an aristocrat

Yumika12345 likes this.
  8. Xian Ni

Xian Ni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    umm i´m the only one who thinks the rapid grow of the tronberry is maybe an effect of her magic? if she somehow would notice this couldn´t she use the tronberry seeds? or must she use the magic tools? somebody pls tell

Darcy likes this.
  9. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She will notice it at the "temple arc", she will accidentally find out a fruit that was harmless and used in some festival was actually the seed/origin of tronbay. And she also noticed the effect of tronbay as the same as those magic tools to siphon her excess magic. However, she will need to hide that info as releasing that will mean inviting the ire of nobles, so i think it was only her and Lutz and mr.benno who knows of this. It also signifies that they now can have a good supply of tronbay tree for high quality paper. However, i think , that she was naive in thinking of using exclusively of tronbay. As she said, Maine doesn't really know the effects of tronbay tree, she only saw a small scale growth but in the end of the "temple arc", she would have her eyes wide open on how terrible tronbay really is so i think it will cause some fright/trauma to her.

10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Anymore spoilers? Like, who the ML is?

11. aaa123

aaa123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You really want to know?
    Chief Priest

Oh, and just want to correct a little, she didn't get adopted by knight commander, rather her identity changed to knight commander's daughter, so she is officially knight commander's daughter and then get adopted by feudal lord. Only few people who knows her identity as a commoner.

12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, and here I thought she and Lutz has something going on there. I heard that she has a fiancee? Is that the Chief Priest?

13. Asdfg

Asdfg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nuuuuuuuu!!!!What about lutz T.T....They had a conection an atmosphere why!!!!!!

Times like these when two people you ship don't end up together. (´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)

14. aaa123

aaa123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lutz ended up with Turi

If I remember correctly, if two people have difference in magic power by large amount, they can't have a child, so basically Maine won't end up with Lutz, and Maine regarded Lutz as someone important, but not in romantic feeling

The fiance is someone else, not chief priest. There is no hint of romance between Maine and chief priest in the beginning

15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek: Turi and Lutz? Then what about Ralph?

16. aaa123

aaa123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ralph? Is he someone important? Lol. After Maine become Rosemaine, Ralph is only mentioned once I think. Moreover, Ralph and Turi's status is different, Turi become something like Maine's personal hairpin maker. She and Lutz originally just want to block other people for asking them to go out. They just want to focus on their job and can't be bothered by romance.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  17. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ralph is Lutz's older brother. I think Maine mentioned in the beginning that Ralph was aiming for Ruti by helping her carry Maine. Whatever happen to paper-making? I'm at the chapter where Benno tells Lutz that he is the only who know how to cares for Maine beside her family.... yet they don't end up with each other...(;_; )

Ceilo27, Yuukiyuki and nielyti like this.
  18. aaa123

aaa123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Ralph still aiming for Turi, but sadly Turi don't want to be bothered by romance. Her engagement with Lutz was decided by their parents and they didn't object to it, seems like they developed feeling little by little.

The paper-making still continue and even developed to printing and book-making.

At the moment its indeed only Lutz that can handle Maine's health, but the chief priest will eventually able to do it, and I think he is better at it, because Maine's illness is caused by her magic power, and the chief priest is a noble so he knows a lot of things related to magic, moreover, he is a genious one.

Ceilo27, Yuukiyuki, Jukki and 10 others like this.
  19. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the chief priest the same age as Maine? The title made him sounds old. And the NU's tags section doesn't have romance in it, so will there be any fluff?

Edit: also, does anyone ever find out about MC's transmigration?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Yumika12345 likes this.
  20. Yumika12345

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused :confused: so if the ML is the chief priest then why is maine engaged to some other guy?

Bunnyman13 and Yuukiyuki like this.